2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

"Field Service Action: Oil Pressure"

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 12:56 PM
ryananding
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
There's more to just reprogramming on these new engines. I believe the turbocharger is once again different from those used on the 2015-2016 engines; looking under the hood reveals several new things. New airbox / filter / intake. Different plumbing to the intercooler. Different fuel filters. Digging deeper, I'm sure there is more.
Yes, there are many different aspects of the engine this year. There are many youtube videos out there that explain the differences. Rerouting the plumbing for more streamlined airflow, which eliminated some gnarly bends, allows more efficient delivery. Also, an upgraded turbo as well as a new factory tune can easily meet the power increases that are seen this year. It will be interesting to see how much they can turn it up before having to dive into the 6.7 to get increases, since GM just overhauled their Duramax. They claim to have the Duramax tuned way down to allow for incremental increases to keep up with competition moving forward. Pretty smart if you ask me. Turn the boost up, enhance the timing, and you're back in the game. Ford will eventually have to do this to keep up, but no telling when they'll pull that trigger. You can bet that engineers most likely already have an entirely new motor in the works at Ford.

Does Ford do scheduled upgrades for motor or chassis at regular intervals? Some manufacturers will change up the body every 2 years regularly.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:04 PM
wharrell
Tuned

So what is involved in replacing the oil pump (assuming that is the fix)?

Cab off?

Engine lift?

Old 01-02-2017, 01:41 PM
FONRDAY
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Yes sir

Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
The tech has it coming. His video is not about being informative, it's about being overly sensational and emotional. His comment on the video itself is written like he's still in high school and more concerned with views than content. I get the defenders who are saying not to shoot the messenger but if the messenger exaggerates, sensationalizes or misrepresents the original message he's gonna get smacked. If this tech worked for me I'd have him in my office and tell him to knock it off.
Nicely said epic he does have it coming the video should removed soon as well

Old 01-02-2017, 02:29 PM
radium
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
As far as cab removal not required they went right through the front removing radiators and all the fun things as he put it. Apparently it was more of a pain draining the radiator and removing it than anything else to get to the front cover but, a cab removal could be possible depending on the dealership. Also an interesting point he told me the truck that they tested for Tuesday's delivery that failed tested almost 6 second delay to pressure yet did not throw a code within the truck? Even though the seal looked as though it was being pinched on the outside cover he believes it could just be a glitch in software or sensor he's just guessing we'll know on Tuesday or at least have a better idea of what Ford suspect is the problem take care

Old 01-02-2017, 02:38 PM
FONRDAY
Laughing Gas
It's a glitch all right

Originally Posted by radium
As far as cab removal not required they went right through the front removing radiators and all the fun things as he put it. Apparently it was more of a pain draining the radiator and removing it than anything else to get to the front cover but, a cab removal could be possible depending on the dealership. Also an interesting point he told me the truck that they tested for Tuesday's delivery that failed tested almost 6 second delay to pressure yet did not throw a code within the truck? Even though the seal looked as though it was being pinched on the outside cover he believes it could just be a glitch in software or sensor he's just guessing we'll know on Tuesday or at least have a better idea of what Ford suspect is the problem take care
The video is from brown
i took the seat out of my 2017 truck I through away for u it's just a calibration issue

Old 01-02-2017, 03:07 PM
radium
Elder User
Just had an answer this one you understand that the oil pump is a gear system in the front cover right? a few other things I'd like to add since we are getting mechanical you understand the cold soak test is also because the oil is at its highest pressure when it first starts this could be a simple problem with in that front cover the little relief valve spring opening when it shouldn't so once again just trying to help not cause problems.

Old 01-02-2017, 04:11 PM
petei
Tuned
So it is a problem or not?

Old 01-02-2017, 04:26 PM
radium
Elder User
No it is not a problem just something that has to be checked by your dealer if you just recently purchased the 17 odds are your truck isn't even affected. And at this time the trucks that are affected no one and I mean no one knows what Ford thinks is the issue we will know more in time

Old 01-02-2017, 05:18 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 699 Likes on 453 Posts
Exclamation

Holy crap, guys!

Thread cleaned again, 22 posts just disappeared. Keep it on-topic...the demeanor of the guy in the video doesn't matter, nor does the continual back-and-forth. Enough already.

Old 01-02-2017, 05:24 PM
zeroo
Cargo Master
Received 499 Likes on 276 Posts
Best thread ever.

Old 01-02-2017, 05:26 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,204 Likes on 578 Posts
Originally Posted by zeroo
Best thread ever.

Imagine if Nick were still here...LOL...

Old 01-02-2017, 05:30 PM
Russell Cassity
New User
The original video was made private. Here's a mirror (OP can edit the first post with the new link if desired):

Old 01-02-2017, 05:31 PM
FONRDAY
Laughing Gas
He deleted my last post

Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Imagine if Nick were still here...LOL...
My last thread
I am sorry Tom
OLd saint is gone xmas is over

Old 01-02-2017, 05:34 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by FONRDAY
My last thread
It explained it all

I'm not sure if your name is Nick too but I wasn't referring to you. It's kind of an inside thing for those of us who've been in the 6.7 section for a while. Nick was... well... let's just leave that alone...LOL. Anyways, I wasn't giving you a hard time if that's what you thought!

Old 01-02-2017, 05:34 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Russell Cassity
The original video was made private. Here's a mirror (OP can edit the first post with the new link if desired):

https://youtu.be/wGOy119jZxs

Interesting. The pressure must be on. I had a feeling that might happen.

Quick Reply: "Field Service Action: Oil Pressure"