N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

November 2016 all topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 121 Likes on 117 Posts
Japan and Chinese Taipai (sp) have good professional baseball teams, and they are not invited.

Happy Friday Nor Cal. Hope everyone has a great day and even better weekend.

Jim

Old 11-04-2016, 11:29 AM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Happy Friday y'all. Sittin in the tire shop getting new shoes for the bronco finally. Need it to be ready to rock since the blue truck is down what for some engine work.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:10 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Japan and Chinese Taipai (sp) have good professional baseball teams, and they are not invited.
I hear ya Jim, but like I said when I qualified my statement, they are FAR from MLB quality teams. Good doesn't cut it.

Most Japanese teams in their league would probably rise to the level of AAA, but Taipai is more akin to a Division 1 college team...maybe Rookie ball. And most other countries, including the Latin countries, are basically equivalent to MiLB too (Minor League Baseball).

There is no other baseball league in the world that has the talent to match MLB here in the US, and until they do, I'll say it again, we are the world.

Stewart

Old 11-04-2016, 03:16 PM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
I hear ya Jim, but like I said when I qualified my statement, they are FAR from MLB quality teams. Good doesn't cut it.

Most Japanese teams in their league would probably rise to the level of AAA, but Taipai is more akin to a Division 1 college team...maybe Rookie ball. And most other countries, including the Latin countries, are basically equivalent to MiLB too (Minor League Baseball).

There is no other baseball league in the world that has the talent to match MLB here in the US, and until they do, I'll say it again, we are the world.

Stewart
Agree here as well

Old 11-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Okay, I stand corrected.

Jim

Old 11-04-2016, 05:52 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here here , and with the ( now drug testing) knocked some good players out , I thought the series was good ,I ruted for the under dog and they came darn close but gave it away in the 10th , seen a lot of mistakes that looked Rookie but what do I know seeing I never made it passed high school ball, y'all have a great weekend and keeper in between the lines and out of the ditches.

Old 11-05-2016, 11:38 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Saturday Nor Cal. Hope everyone has a great day.

I got a call from Perry yesterday and he told me they have a place for me, and to go down on Monday and talk to the VA rep in charge of this particular place. I am spending the weekend at a friend's so that will be fine.

Jim

Old 11-05-2016, 12:14 PM
FI460
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to hear they're getting things squared away for you Jim.

Old 11-05-2016, 01:17 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Yes indeed, like any government agency, they take their sweet time, but better late than never.

Jim

Old 11-05-2016, 04:42 PM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Jim,

Great to hear that it looks like you will have a new roof over your head soon!

Took most of our Boy Scout Troop up to the Shasta Lake City Veterans' parade this morning. We had a good time walking in it, helping carry the Giant American Flag (1800 soft). This is just one way we try to show our appreciation to our Service Members past and present.

Now I am at the dealership while my Super Duty is getting its 5000 mile service.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:42 PM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Hope everyone had a good Sunday. Poured rain here this morning and I spent the day in bed trying to beat the cold that seems to be running around. Of course that helps with the fuel expenses.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:30 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hope ya start feelin better Modoc colds sux, happy for you Jim hope all goes smooth transition,
Now for my day ,had two football games ,high school ball Friday night we got knocked out of the state play off , city league played the same team we beat two weeks ago -- lost were out of the lil Super Bowl soooooo, I trimmed the well needed orchard , every time I drove the tractor through low branches would take my hat off dam near my head ,raked up all the fallen Apples everything else got disc'd in , kind of looks like the trees want to bloom again need a good freeze to put them fast to sleep, don't think that will happen at mid 70 deg.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Monday Nor Cal.

The grand kids don't have school today, or Friday. So it will be a good week.

Jim

Old 11-09-2016, 06:54 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Humpeth day Nor Cal. Hope everyone has a great day.

Well, I am not at the transitional house anymore. I am back at the Vet Plaza. Beginning to feel like a ping pong ball. Since I was not 290 (a sex offender) I did not qualify for that program, so they discharged me yesterday, and I spent an hour at the VA waiting for them to find a place for me. Tuns out there was an opening at the Vet Plaza in their "bridge" program. So now I am there for a maximum of 90 days. No rent, not utility costs, and free laundry. Will give me a chance to save money for a deposit, and first month's rent.

Jim

Old 11-09-2016, 10:52 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
So now I am there for a maximum of 90 days. No rent, not utility costs, and free laundry. Will give me a chance to save money for a deposit, and first month's rent.

Jim
That's exactly what a person needs to help get them back on their feet.

Glad to hear, Jim.

Stewart

Quick Reply: November 2016 all topic thread