Sponsored by: DP Tuner

ESOF Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 06:28 AM
Capt.Schenk
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cps
You are correct. If you put new yellow o-rings in it is doubtful they have failed. Did you use the proper tool to set the vaccum hub? It needs to be set in at the proper distance or your hub will not work. i would assume that when you did the hubs in the spring there was no moisture contamination? Any rust could comprimize the surfaces where the seals are.
You could just put in some manual hubs and be done with it.
I used a homemade tool to set the axle shaft seal, which is what I've always done in the past. I feel that the seals are set properly. But if the yellow o-ring is the inner seal, then the axle shaft seal wouldn't matter. So, if the axle shaft seal is the inner seal, what's the yellow o-ring do? I guess I'm still confused on what the inner seal is and what the outer seal is. I'm not giving up on the ESOF until at least the next time I change the hubs and axle shaft seals. I like/want my truck to operate as intended from the factory.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:37 AM
Capt.Schenk
Senior User
Originally Posted by Capt.Schenk
I used a homemade tool to set the axle shaft seal, which is what I've always done in the past. I feel that the seals are set properly. But if the yellow o-ring is the inner seal, then the axle shaft seal wouldn't matter. So, if the axle shaft seal is the inner seal, what's the yellow o-ring do? I guess I'm still confused on what the inner seal is and what the outer seal is. I'm not giving up on the ESOF until at least the next time I change the hubs and axle shaft seals. I like/want my truck to operate as intended from the factory.
According to Guzzle's site, the black o-ring on the autolocker is the outer seal, so I'm going to assume the yellow o-ring is the inner seal, which leads me to believe the axle shaft seal isn't directly a part of the vacuum assembly. I think my PS autolocker is sealing properly. I'll put it on the DS, check the vacuum, and report back.

Old 11-24-2016, 06:26 AM
Capt.Schenk
Senior User
Well, I swapped the autolockers and still have a leak on the driver's side. I'm going to leave all vac lines capped, and will manually lock the hubs when I need 4x4. I'm going to blame this on the hubs for now, and hopefully I can get everything back to normal the next time I replace the hubs. I hate losing a battle!