2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Trim package crossroads

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 10:24 PM
powerstroke8994
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trim package crossroads

The time has come for me to trade my current truck in a 2014 250 platinum. My issue here and maybe someone can chime in is trim packages. I see alotnof talking about it on here too so I don't feel alone. I have decided platinums and King ranches have just became too much money. 75,000 for a pickup is too much for me. So looking at the lariet and xlt. I have optioned the xlt with the ultimate xlt package, rapid heat, tail gate step, gooseneck prep, spary liner, navi, rented start and a few other small things. That being said the xlt was 60500. The equivalent lariet was 65300 using the value package most the other options the same. Both come with autolock/unlock which nothing really jumps out but I'd assume that's also push to start. But anyways from what I can see on the specs my main differences are some tiriming inside the cab, leather, and cooled seats. Is that really it? Maybe I missed something but for 5g I don't think it's worth it. I'm bummed about the led headlight not getting them but not worth spending even more. Only other option I've been in the fence about are the bed Ramps. Love to see those inaction. I think the xlt has came a long way and really looks nice but should I spend that extra for the lariet? Just not sure any input on this?

Old 09-12-2016, 01:59 AM
Robmiezer
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Few differences still. Different grill, chrome handles and mirrors on xlt & body color on Lariet, different rims (unless you opted for the 20's), cloth vs leather, cooled seats in your pack on Lariet, fixed vs power rear window (Lariet), upgraded stereo on Lariet. Also with your build info the Lariet will get the 8" info screen (not the sync 3 screen, those are the same), memory power seats with power-adjustable pedals with memory, remote Start System, and LED bed lighting. Also I don't think you can have the bed ramps and 5th wheel/goose prep together. Think I read that the ramps block the 5th wheels power outlet.
So, comes down to what you want/need and what you want to spend. That is why they are options..either way you will have a nice ride!

Old 09-12-2016, 05:18 AM
powerstroke8994
Senior User
Originally Posted by Robmiezer
Few differences still. Different grill, chrome handles and mirrors on xlt & body color on Lariet, different rims (unless you opted for the 20's), cloth vs leather, cooled seats in your pack on Lariet, fixed vs power rear window (Lariet), upgraded stereo on Lariet. Also with your build info the Lariet will get the 8" info screen (not the sync 3 screen, those are the same), memory power seats with power-adjustable pedals with memory, remote Start System, and LED bed lighting. Also I don't think you can have the bed ramps and 5th wheel/goose prep together. Think I read that the ramps block the 5th wheels power outlet.
So, comes down to what you want/need and what you want to spend. That is why they are options..either way you will have a nice ride!
The gooseneck option make sense same with no being able to get the stowable bed extender. I'm curious on how the bed ramps work. The xlt I built has the 8in productivity screen and the power rear window. Also added remote start. So the memory seat last ect is one option I won't have anymore so that's one other thing and the body color door handles. Which that would be nice but not a deal breaker. I guess I'm just trying to get the best bang for my buck. Are leather cooled seats and a few small items worth 5,000 bucks? It's very difficult to try and go from the best being a platinum to a xlt or even a lariet but trying to make a good choice. I'm trying to make myself keep this one for longer than 3 years which probably won't happen lol. I've though about also later on finding a set of taken out platinum seats. I found a set for a buddy for 2002 and it looked really nice. Only
Paid 1700 for the lot. Seats where mint.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:10 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As tall as the bed is the ramps, although readily stowable, could be a problem for low ground clearance machines. I much prefer an arched ramp which makes the transition from ramp to tailgate much more gentle. Reese has some excellent options through T-S and other outlets. I sometimes load my side by side in the back of the truck and the trip up and down the ramps is tall enough already without having to contend with the breakover point. Especially considering the rear wheels are still on the ramp when I have to power over the wheel wells. At least the new wheel wells are somewhat lower.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:29 PM
Skipdaddie
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Lariat will have a better resale value in 3 years when you trade it in. While it might not be worth $5k more than an XLT it will be worth at least $3k more.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:14 PM
foozlemonster
Senior User
I have run into the same exact decision. $5K for a cold rear just doesn't seem worth it to me. Does the premium package not include the power adjustable pedals? The value package does, but the premium does not specify. Since you cannot have the two packages together, is it like a "all those plus these" kind of thing?

Old 09-30-2016, 12:46 PM
foozlemonster
Senior User
Got ahold of a rep. The premium package includes the content of the value, thus it includes the power pedals. Big deal for my 5'3'' wife.