2002 7.3 Throttle Response Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 11:04 AM
malberga
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the Process of Checking

Originally Posted by bigb56
The vref is shared on that harness with the MAP, EBPS, ICP sensor and the cam sensor. But if you have a solid 5V on the brown/white KOER then that should be OK. If not try unplugging each of these sensors one at a time to see if the 5V comes back.

1. Do you have battery voltage at the red/yel wire (KOEO)

2. Can you unplug the TP sensor and check for 4 to 6 volts when measuring between the brown/white and the yellow/white on the connector with the key on? Don't measure between the brown/white and chassis ground, measure between the brown/white and the yellow white. Post back the results and we'll go from there.

Would hate to see you buy a new PC before verifying the integrity of the wires and connections.
Will Do as requested, be back... THANKS

Old 10-11-2017, 10:04 AM
clintusaf
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Having a similar issue with my 2002. I am getting the 3 codes below. What was the fix action on this?

P0713 - Trans Fluid Temp sensor A circuit high input
P0113 - Intake Air Temp Sensor 1 circuit high input
P0123 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor A circuit high input

I will check the voltages mentioned above and verify.

Old 08-28-2023, 09:42 PM
hunter sims
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by malberga
Will Do as requested, be back... THANKS
i know this was a long time ago but what ended up being the problem?? Am having same issue with mine except i recently did a dash swap and inspected the wires but didnt see no rubbing anywhere ( didnt cut the tape to open up the wires completely which i should have) but mine comes and goes, mornings it almost always works fine and once you take battery cables off and reset it works but when you shut truck off it throws code

Old 08-28-2023, 10:27 PM
udsuth78
Logistics Pro
Received 1,248 Likes on 942 Posts
Originally Posted by hunter sims
i know this was a long time ago but what ended up being the problem?? Am having same issue with mine except i recently did a dash swap and inspected the wires but didnt see no rubbing anywhere ( didnt cut the tape to open up the wires completely which i should have) but mine comes and goes, mornings it almost always works fine and once you take battery cables off and reset it works but when you shut truck off it throws code
You're much more likely to find some help if you start a new thread detailing your specific issues and what diagnostic testing you've done so far. To much confusion trying to piggyback a zombie thread. I'd start with the voltage and resistance tests described in this thread then start fresh and let us know what you've found.

Old 08-29-2023, 09:07 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by hunter sims
Originally Posted by udsuth78
You're much more likely to find some help if you start a new thread detailing your specific issues and what diagnostic testing you've done so far. To much confusion trying to piggyback a zombie thread. I'd start with the voltage and resistance tests described in this thread then start fresh and let us know what you've found.
Agreed on resurrecting an old thread.
With that said, what fixed my truck which was having the same issue, loosing signal was to replace the plugs with a new repair kit. Or at the very least replacing the connectors inside the housing. Every connection pin looked good, but after 20+ years of operation, there was enough corrosion or something else built up on the exact point of contact on the connector that cleaning them wasn't good enough. New repair kits from Ford completely eliminated any symptom and/or codes stored concerning the throttle input signal.