Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1949 M68

Old 06-16-2016, 04:17 AM
zrae
Junior User
zrae is starting off with a positive reputation.
1949 M68

Hey. I was wondering if anyone on here knows where I can find information on my 1949 M68? I am looking the spec/build sheet. Not sure how easy it would be to find it. I have all the information like the engine code, model, trim, etc...

Old 06-16-2016, 10:17 AM
Jeffrey Rempel
Junior User
Jeffrey Rempel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I found this thread helpful when decoding my 49 m68. Hopefully it helps you.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...fo-thread.html

Old 06-17-2016, 01:01 AM
zrae
Junior User
Thank you very much. It helped quite a bit. This was my great grandfathers farm truck. He obviously passed ages ago so I have had some difficulty figuring some of this stuff out. Now to try and find a long box for this truck and I will be set.
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Rempel View Post
I found this thread helpful when decoding my 49 m68. Hopefully it helps you.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...fo-thread.html

Old 06-17-2016, 10:08 AM
Jeffrey Rempel
Junior User
Jeffrey Rempel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
No problem. This forum has been a great resource for me so far and I'm sure it will continue to be when I start my build.

I'm not sure if you are aware of the rims that these trucks came with from the factory however they are referred to as widow makers. There are several threads on here that discuss the issue in great detail as well as options for replacing the rims.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:21 PM
zrae
Junior User
Do you know where I can find out all the options the truck came with based on the trim code and what not? I would like to try and restore the truck back to original factory specs.
Originally Posted by zrae View Post
Thank you very much. It helped quite a bit. This was my great grandfathers farm truck. He obviously passed ages ago so I have had some difficulty figuring some of this stuff out. Now to try and find a long box for this truck and I will be set.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:23 PM
zrae
Junior User
This is my truck minus the box. It's in pretty good condition. Very minimal surface rust on it. But the interior needs some work.

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Rempel View Post
No problem. This forum has been a great resource for me so far and I'm sure it will continue to be when I start my build.

I'm not sure if you are aware of the rims that these trucks came with from the factory however they are referred to as widow makers. There are several threads on here that discuss the issue in great detail as well as options for replacing the rims.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:40 PM
dcavan001
Senior User
dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.
Nice to see another one of these being worked on. We're hoping to have our 49 M68 that we bought last year on the road over the summer. Can't wait.

Old 06-18-2016, 07:48 AM
oldmerc
oldmerc
oldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to all
Welcome and have fun with it

Old 06-18-2016, 03:55 PM
zrae
Junior User
I can't wait to start working on it. Unfortunately it's been tough to find a fullsizelong box for it. Originally it was my great grandpas grain truck from the farm so it used to have a dump box on it. My uncle removed it because it beyond repair unfortunately. If anyone has an idea where I could find a box that would be awesome. Places like LMC truck only do short box replacement kits.
Originally Posted by dcavan001 View Post
Nice to see another one of these being worked on. We're hoping to have our 49 M68 that we bought last year on the road over the summer. Can't wait.

Old 06-18-2016, 04:01 PM
zrae
Junior User
Thanks. I will. I am hoping it is easy to get running again. My uncle said he had running 5 years ago and he said it ran beautifully. The truck has never sat for years on end. It always being used back on the farm. Only has 73,000 miles on it.
Originally Posted by oldmerc View Post
Welcome and have fun with it

Old 06-18-2016, 07:13 PM
oldmerc
oldmerc
oldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to all
Please add your location to your signature line , I may be able to help you out with a box .

Old 06-18-2016, 08:23 PM
zrae
Junior User
Please add your location to your signature line , I may be able to help you out with a box .
I am located in Prince George BC

Old 06-19-2016, 08:25 AM
oldmerc
oldmerc
I have a box at the farm from the correct vintage Ford truck . The farm is in Sask. and I am in Edmonton most of the time but I will check it out for you the next time I am there . Send me a PM with your email

Old 06-19-2016, 11:01 AM
zrae
Junior User
I have a box at the farm from the correct vintage Ford truck . The farm is in Sask. and I am in Edmonton most of the time but I will check it out for you the next time I am there . Send me a PM with your email
So for some reason I don't have the privileges to send messages. I am thinking it is probably because I am a new user? Not sure though. But my email is [email protected] Thanks for looking into this for me.