General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Token Christianity

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 12:19 PM
sinjin
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink I guess this is where we hug

I suppose I would rather keep the company of moral Christians than amoral heathens, unless she's really hot!

Old 09-30-2003, 08:37 PM
Jarlaxle
Elder User
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints
The sinners are lots more fun"

-Billy Joel

Old 09-30-2003, 09:09 PM
splitmaster
Senior User
Ladies and Gentlemen, you are all scholars and well versed in your knowledge and it was fun debating with you. At times it got a little heated, but we were able to calm down and remain civilized and I am greatful to all of you for that. It shows character and maturity. I will see you all on another post.

Old 10-01-2003, 03:25 AM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
We all see what we have decided to see. You may see declining parishes and if it is declining that is because it has become stagnant and has nothing to offer younger people. Most of us know of churches like that.
Down here in the South the churches are everywhere and most of them are building on or planning to. They youth programs are very good in most of them and the kids have a lot of good clean fun. When my 17 year old stepdaughter is leaving on an outing with her friends from church I just breath a sigh of relief that she isn't heading off to a kegger like I was at her age.
I realize that we have beat this horse to death and it is time to go. I just thank God my kids are being raised in a Christian environment and not in the selfdestructive way I grew up in the 60s and 70s

Old 10-13-2003, 12:07 AM
54Guy
Senior User
Well, here's a few thoughts and some asnwers. Carpe, for answers, just read your bible. If you really, really want to know the answers are in there.

54Guy
Senior User
Well, here's a few thoughts and some asnwers. Carpe, for answers, just read your bible. If you really, really want to know the answers are in there.

54Guy
Senior User

54Guy
Senior User

54Guy
Senior User

Old 10-13-2003, 12:39 AM
54Guy
Senior User
Well, here's a few thoughts and some answers and a fwe questions too. And then a FREE GIFT!! Carpe, for answers, just read your bible. If you really, really want to know the answers are in there. IF not, don't bother. That was easy. If you want to understand the kingdom of God, just read Jesus' parables, it almost all he talked about.

I am always amazed that people overlook how in the New Testament, Paul spoke about faith, and Christians being like Soldiers, with weapons and armor,e tc. Think for a while - WHAT were they fighting? Who (or what) was the enemy? DID it occur to you that it might be HARD to be a Christian? To be unselfish in a selfish world? To tell the truth when all others lie? And so on? The bible says "narrow is the way and strait the gate and few are those that find it" While it also says "the broad path leads to perdition". So...you are right in one respect, MOST people won't make it! BUt then, most people aren't really TRYING to make it , are they?

Read the book of Revelations in the bible (it's the last one), how in there it talks about how "God will spit the lukewarm believers out of his mouth." And then ask yourself, WHO are the lukewarm believers, that society calls "tolerant" or those society calls "intolerant?" The bible goes on to say "in the latter days, knowledge shall increase" and "in the latter days, many believing themselves to be wise, shall become fools".

OK, here is your free gift: The bible says God shall give wisdom to all who ask for it. All you have to do is say something like "GOd, please give me the wisdom you promised to all who asked for it".

And...there is a second free gift, that most reading this WON'T want! The bible also says "ALL who call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved". So..if you want to NOT be one of those bound for perdition, just ask him. Don't sendany money, don't go to the front of the church, etc. IN a way, your faith is like an old antique truck that someone is giving you. You are gonna have to do some work on it before it is going to get you anywhere. Too many people go out and strip some body parts off it, and buy a few chrome parts and never really get arond to finishing the project! Then they wind up with a basket case, and (again like the bible says) their latter state is worse than their former state".

So. maybe that answers why so many christians are not would you would wish then to be. But, I have to ask you, what do YOU care? You said yourself you are not a christian. So, why should you care what Christians do, any more than moonies or buddhists? IF it is becasue you simply want truth, remember, the bible also talks about "The harlot church, corrupted by Babylon". That means she sells out for money, but looks sort of religious. Sound familiar? There is a lot of difficult (but not impossible ) to understand symbolism in the bible. IT is intended to be written in a type of code, and only understood by those seeking after the knowledge. The amazing thing is soon after you start reading it, suddenly understanding starts to flash on you, and you "get it", if you are earnestly seeking. If you are not earnestly seekng truth, then you will be led down a side passage of misunderstanding. Ever hear of the software sold to interpret the Bible Code". IF you are seeking for truth, then you will find it, as Jesus said "seek and ye shall find, knock and the door shall be opened". The bible has a great many secrets in it, many are unawre of them. But finding them can be the adventure of a lifetime!

Old 10-13-2003, 02:40 AM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Well put 54Guy, except for that echo.lol

Old 10-13-2003, 06:02 PM
true4.2
Postmaster
"God will spit the lukewarm believers out of his mouth."
Revalations 3:15-16 if my memory serves me correctly

Old 10-14-2003, 03:43 AM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
That was the Laodician church, and He said it was better to be hot or cold than lukewarm. So even being cold is better than lukewarm.

Old 10-14-2003, 02:40 PM
luv4ford
Junior User
New Movie

Here is a link to a new movie that deals with Jesus, it looks very good!
You all know I ruffled the feathers on this topic, but this looks good!

http://www.cinemovies.fr/cinetv/cine...n=haute%20res.