Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

April 2016 chat

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 06:06 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiefM
No guns or cheesecake for me. I cleaned the Jag, the wife's ride and finally cleaned the Lightning today. I hope that the bad pollen is finally over. Moved the motorhome on it's own power this morning. I am thinking of doing a filter and fluid change and see how that works out before I change out the transmission.

If you have a Sam's card that is where to get your tranny fluid 23.48 for a case

I've done the transmission on the chest before but that was many years ago when I was much younger. Another trip to Ft Benning tomorrow morning to see the dentist and have another check up.
Everybodyneeds transmission on the chest once.

Last edited by hturner12; 04-03-2016 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Add text
Old 04-04-2016, 07:56 AM
axelgawn
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hturner12
Today was long. Alex and I hit the Pull a Part yard in Conley on the way out we stopped by Johnson's so he would know where it was at. I got my electric cruise control. After a bunch of walking and searching he struck out on his tranny. We did some Internet search found one at the yard right dow from my house for 275 out the door. We then checked the inventory at the other 2 Pull a Part yards. The only in Lithonia had 6 V6 Mustangs with the right transmission. After some walking and verifying the right tranny and looking for a 3g alt. No luck on the alt. We found a tranny that would work and the dipstick was not out with no hood.

Started pulling it. No major problem till we got to the converter bolts one was rounded . We wrestled the tranny out left the TC on the engine. Alex found out the JOY of transmission on chest and a soaking of transmission fluid.

Both of our phones died. He had to buy a charger. Got in touch with his tranny builder. Off to Loganville we go to drop of the tranny.

Even on Saturday we had traffic headed back.

His truck 8s going to be sweet little hot rod when he get done
Thanks again Hugh, met up to help each other out and got an wrenching education on the way. It was a lot of fun. Also got to see the diesel beast up close. Shes coming together nicely. The yards Hughs been talking about are amazing. Just the driveway of the Johnson one had plenty of old an new trucks. Next week, I got company coming but some time after that I will totally be back. Guys, pulling large parts is a two man job I don't know what I wouldn't have done without Hugh.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:05 AM
axelgawn
Senior User
No guns or cheesecake for me. I cleaned the Jag, the wife's ride and finally cleaned the Lightning today. I hope that the bad pollen is finally over. Moved the motorhome on it's own power this morning. I am thinking of doing a filter and fluid change and see how that works out before I change out the transmission.

I've done the transmission on the chest before but that was many years ago when I was much younger. Another trip to Ft Benning tomorrow morning to see the dentist and have another check up.

I hear you on the pollen it gets me so bad. Its tough when you can't breath and you are not sick.

As for the transmission thing, we had to turn it from side to side and even though the yards drain the transmissions it still leaked fluid all over my chest and part of my neck. The best part was when Hugh and I had to build stuff out of extensions, elbows and socket to get at the top bolts of the tranny. I didn't know what we were going to do but we got it. Pullapart was a pretty good deal considering I got the harness, dipstick and fill tube, all bolts neutral safety switch for 120 and then you get 25 back with a core.

I also lucked out and found a CL guy that shipped me a QuickShift 1 controller for half price of a new one.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:08 AM
axelgawn
Senior User
Everybodyneeds transmission on the chest once.
Ok Hugh, well its a good thing I didn't let you talk me into going E40D, I would have broke a rib with one of those.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:16 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by axelgawn
Ok Hugh, well its a good thing I didn't let you talk me into going E40D, I would have broke a rib with one of those.
I nominate you as the offical transmission catcher. Chief may have to pull the TH 400 out of his motorhome

Old 04-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i might marry that chick. We never know!

Old 04-04-2016, 05:41 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Big_Texxan
i might marry that chick. We never know!
Meet in Jan. Moved in together late Feb, married in April the 24th will be 32 years

Old 04-04-2016, 05:42 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Played spark chaser all day. Have some lights in the shop now

Old 04-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
itd be nice. I need to move out of my current living arrangement about asap.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:05 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
hey i made senior user haha

Old 04-05-2016, 06:56 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I nominate you as the official transmission catcher. Chief may have to pull the TH 400 out of his motorhome
That thing would flatten him like a pancake, If I do have to pull it out at least you can get to all the bolts and stuff with the dog house off.

The swelling is finally starting to go down and lessen the pain of the stitches pulling. Only good thing is I can't really eat so I might loose a few pounds!!

Old 04-05-2016, 07:51 AM
axelgawn
Senior User
That thing would flatten him like a pancake, If I do have to pull it out at least you can get to all the bolts and stuff with the dog house off.

The swelling is finally starting to go down and lessen the pain of the stitches pulling. Only good thing is I can't really eat so I might loose a few pounds!!
Thanks Chief for having a little more heart then Hugh but all in all it was a good experience none the less. I am glad you are healing better.

My next big project is designing my exhaust around the transmission.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:36 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by axelgawn
Thanks Chief for having a little more heart then Hugh but all in all it was a good experience none the less. I am glad you are healing better.

My next big project is designing my exhaust around the transmission.
I would not do a big trann y with out a jack to dangerous. Alex I would not let you under a big transmissions nwithout a jack

Old 04-05-2016, 11:51 AM
axelgawn
Senior User
Good to know. I will make sure to take plenty of picture of my progress on the truck as its coming together.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:08 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Axel, I do have a heart, well most of the time.

Installing the pink vinyl stripes on the daughters mustang today, I have procrastinated long enough and she is chomping at the bit to have them put on. So far they are not as bad as I was thinking they would be, probably just cursed myself.

Quick Reply: April 2016 chat