6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

All you 5ivers

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 09:41 PM
bkuuz1
More Turbo
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Another Thumbs-up on the toy-hauler.

We went from a regular 30' 5er to a 40' Voltage last year. So glad we made the switch. We prefer using the garage door when entering the trailer. It helps a lot to keep the dirt out of the couch. For us, the garage has turned into the hangout area for everyone.

Old 03-27-2016, 01:27 AM
WK15
More Turbo
Received 117 Likes on 75 Posts
bkuuz1,

I could not agree more. I have a 2014 Cyclone 3950 roughly 45' long. I love that thing.

Here are a few pics:

Old 03-27-2016, 09:48 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
We looked at the Toy haulers. Just a bit longer than I want or need and I don't need as much space as they have. 4 of our dogs all weigh under 12 lbs. What I had hoped was I could have found a toy hauler. We travel a LOT for business and right now its my TC and I pull a trailer with product. My hope was a 5ivr that would meet those needs and while it may be out there I did not come across it.

WK15, I think I saw that unit at a BIG RV center in Buda Tx. We were staying in there RV park and wake up one morn to this MONSTER. They had sold out and gone full time so they bought the biggest unit sold that was a toy hauler. The toy space was a Rec Room for their kids (home schooled) The rig had 2 of those 'porches', one at the back and one on the side. They had 4 pre school kids.

Maybe its only me but as I have got older my world keeps getting smaller. My houses keep getting smaller and so have the pools I have built...LOL my last pool when we put the house up for sale the listing talked about the 'Coy Pond' in the back yard. I called up the listing agent and said I don't have a Coy pond, where did you come up with that. She said I saw it...LOL thats no Coy pond, that is my pool.

My 'Coy Pond, 7500 gal of water, its a walk in for the dogs so they don't have to jump and the wife lays in the water catching rays, then you step off and its 5 ½' deep where I stand with cigar in one hand, cold beer in another and my cowboy hat on...our place out in Scottsdale AZ

The truck camper, behind this we pull a 8' trailer with product when we do shows. Camper floor is 11.5 ft long. Gonna miss this.

Old 03-27-2016, 10:29 AM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice truck camper, that's a lot of rear overhang

Just got back from 3 months in the SW with our fiver. This was our first trip with it. No major issues. I was surprised at the amount of movement of the stuff inside the trailer. Can't be sure but I think there was some door shifting too, will check that out when it gets warmer. I replaced the OE tires before we went.

I wouldn't want anything larger (40' overall) and then next RV will be smaller. Couldn't fit into some SP & NP's.

Old 03-27-2016, 10:31 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Wife has landed on this:

New 2016 Jayco EAGLE HT 27.5RKDS Fifth Wheel For Sale -

PRICE is RIGHT. They want to move it and are willing to deal...why is what I asked? Been in inventory 300 days, floorplan is not a big seller. It only has one recliner chair, not two and no place for a second...BUT we don't want the chair, its where a DOG BED will go....

Old 03-27-2016, 10:46 AM
BIGTRUCKBIGRV
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28
Nice truck camper, that's a lot of rear overhang

Just got back from 3 months in the SW with our fiver. This was our first trip with it. No major issues. I was surprised at the amount of movement of the stuff inside the trailer. Can't be sure but I think there was some door shifting too, will check that out when it gets warmer. I replaced the OE tires before we went.

I wouldn't want anything larger (40' overall) and then next RV will be smaller. Couldn't fit into some SP & NP's.
How much movement in the trailer are you getting? That might be a sign of a problem with your suspension or tires. We get very little movement of anything in our Fiver when traveling. We actually leave many things on the kitchen counter and island and they don't appear to budge. Such as paper tower holder, dish rack, sometimes empty plastic cups, even a picture on a stand. We even have some electronic devices (iPad and such) above our fireplace on a shelf and they never move. Might want to put a camera in your RV (or a smartphone recording) and try to capture just how much movement there is back there. We are pushing 14k + lbs at 40.8' long.

Old 03-27-2016, 10:52 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,414 Likes on 1,009 Posts
I think the floor plan is the issue, especially the master bedroom access.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:07 AM
rameyer
Cross-Country
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
If the dog is getting old, get a dog ramp. Lots of different brands out there. Really helped get our old 100 lb akita in and out of the truck and camper. Really saved my back. Here is one:

Dog Ramp.com - Pioneers of the First Telescoping Dog Ramp. Buy Direct and Save!

Old 03-27-2016, 02:23 PM
WK15
More Turbo
17 Oaks,

That wasn't mine. If it had porches might have been Cyclone 4200 or 4250. Mine doesn't have the side porch. I have not found a need for that option yet.

There is just two of us for this monster. The kids come to visit and they go to the back.

Old 03-27-2016, 06:03 PM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by WK15
17 Oaks,

That wasn't mine. If it had porches might have been Cyclone 4200 or 4250. Mine doesn't have the side porch. I have not found a need for that option yet.

There is just two of us for this monster. The kids come to visit and they go to the back.
Not sure who made it, but BIG, dark 2 porches...I was parked next to it and it dwarfed me and my set up. I told the guy only Noah had a bigger rig. LOL

I think all of us have seen the Wal-Martians pics that go around. Well I was at Wal Mart today and I thought I would show you what they drove up in:

Old 03-27-2016, 09:09 PM
BIGTRUCKBIGRV
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks
Not sure who made it, but BIG, dark 2 porches...I was parked next to it and it dwarfed me and my set up. I told the guy only Noah had a bigger rig. LOL

I think all of us have seen the Wal-Martians pics that go around. Well I was at Wal Mart today and I thought I would show you what they drove up in:

Dammit, you spotted my real ride! I was hoping to fly under the radar. Hope you like how I splurged on the higher end painted graphics. All you cheapos with your vinyl stock on graphics.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:12 AM
WK15
More Turbo
: Love that ladder setup

I would hope that it is paid for!!!!

Old 03-28-2016, 05:03 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,414 Likes on 1,009 Posts
Personally I like the water proofing for the roof. I might try it.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:07 AM
BIGTRUCKBIGRV
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by senix
Personally I like the water proofing for the roof. I might try it.
It's a one piece rubber roof..... The industry copied it.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:10 AM
BIGTRUCKBIGRV
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by WK15
: Love that ladder setup

I would hope that it is paid for!!!!
What's probably true is that the owner has about 300 less stressful things to worry about in his life than the typical 6.7L owner..... with a cheap lifestyle generally comes less worries.........generally...

But.... We are happy so that's what matters.

Quick Reply: All you 5ivers