Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Let's See Some Canopy/Shell Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 10:36 AM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Let's See Some Canopy/Shell Pics

The canopy section of this forum is a little light on pics for the new F-150. I'm debating a shell vs. tonneau cover on my new girlfriend (as my wife always calls my trucks). I had a Diamondback on my F-350 and loved it, but I'm thinking of going back to a canopy this time around. I'd like to see some pics on the new body style, so post those glamor shots

Would also appreciate any feedback on your brand of choice. I've had Leer and Snugtop in the past and both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:26 AM
cwtex04
Tuned
Received 140 Likes on 68 Posts
I have a SnugTop Supersport ordered for my 2016 , should get it next weekend. I will post pictures when I do get it. I liked the SnugTop better than ARI or Leer but they all seem good quality.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:39 PM
onug
Postmaster
Originally Posted by cwtex04
I have a SnugTop Supersport ordered for my 2016 , should get it next weekend. I will post pictures when I do get it. I liked the SnugTop better than ARI or Leer but they all seem good quality.
That's a good looking truck. Yes, please post some pics when you've got the time.

Old 02-16-2016, 05:16 PM
mynetdude
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I wanted a canopy I'd get an SUV... and I could have; but I wanted the features no other brand has and I figured out how to maximize more space in the cab without the need for an SUV (see I had one dog... and I had all the space I needed, got a 2nd dog... well I lost quite a bit of space so I moved the dog up to the front seat and one in the back problem solved!

I like having an open back, gives me more visbility than an SUV (in my opinion) but I will get a spray in bedliner before I add a tonneau cover (IF I even do that).

These days I don't see trucks with canopies anymore it seems.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:25 PM
onug
Postmaster
Originally Posted by mynetdude
If I wanted a canopy I'd get an SUV... and I could have; but I wanted the features no other brand has and I figured out how to maximize more space in the cab without the need for an SUV (see I had one dog... and I had all the space I needed, got a 2nd dog... well I lost quite a bit of space so I moved the dog up to the front seat and one in the back problem solved!

I like having an open back, gives me more visbility than an SUV (in my opinion) but I will get a spray in bedliner before I add a tonneau cover (IF I even do that).

These days I don't see trucks with canopies anymore it seems.
WTF does that have to do with my original post? You just trying to boost your post count? Looking for pictures of canopies and inputs on brands...that's it.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:30 PM
tvsjr
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can show you pix in a few weeks of my new one... installing an ARE DCU commercial aluminum topper with rear doors on a 2016 F150 SuperCrew 501A 4x4 6.5' bed...

Old 02-17-2016, 01:59 AM
mynetdude
Senior User
Originally Posted by onug
WTF does that have to do with my original post? You just trying to boost your post count? Looking for pictures of canopies and inputs on brands...that's it.
all I'm saying is I'd get an SUV before I'd get a canopy; I'd still consider a tonneau cover; if I got one I'd certainly add a pic. You're wanting pics of Canopies & tonneau covers so no harm in at least mentioning I'd possibly get one if not a canopy.

There are some nice ones out there, some pics would be cool.. no post count increase necessary there's plenty of relevant discussions to be made.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:11 PM
excaliber551
Elder User

Check the Snug Top site. They have some pretty decent images of F150's with some shells.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:54 PM
onug
Postmaster
Originally Posted by mynetdude
all I'm saying is I'd get an SUV before I'd get a canopy; I'd still consider a tonneau cover; if I got one I'd certainly add a pic. You're wanting pics of Canopies & tonneau covers so no harm in at least mentioning I'd possibly get one if not a canopy.

There are some nice ones out there, some pics would be cool.. no post count increase necessary there's plenty of relevant discussions to be made.
First - apologies for my post...long day, tired and deep into a bottle of wine when I wrote this. My "be nice" filter wasn't working.

I won't bore you with the details or my spreadsheets, but a SUV was considered for a while. The wife would actually prefer one. The long list of "if-then" considerations is pointing me to a canopy with a tonneau a close second. It's all about how I want to rig-out my new toy.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:04 PM
mark waller
Mountain Pass
Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm going with an Extang 2 this time around but had a Soft topper on my last 2 trucks. Protection of a shell but off in 5 minutes. Worked great for me. Sorry I do not have a picture of it.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:35 PM
cwtex04
Tuned
Well I got my SnugTop Supersport shell pull on today and I think it looks good. Only problem one problem it has a chip on it and has to be sent back. Oh well I guess I can wait a couple more weeks.

Attached Images   
Old 02-24-2016, 04:06 PM
JKBrad
Received 804 Likes on 589 Posts
That has to be the nicest looking camper shell I've ever seen. Very nice.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:52 PM
cwtex04
Tuned
I thought it looked good , was hard telling them to send it back. The chip was on the driver side by the cab. They said they would try to touch it up but that's not going to happen on a new top . Besides I would see it every time I got in the truck.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:12 PM
JKBrad
Received 804 Likes on 589 Posts
Gel coat is easy to fix, the paint match on the Platinum White is very hard to match though. I would hate to have collision damage fixed on that color.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:34 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts
Originally Posted by cwtex04
Well I got my SnugTop Supersport shell pull on today and I think it looks good. Only problem one problem it has a chip on it and has to be sent back. Oh well I guess I can wait a couple more weeks.
Extremely nice looking shell! I like! Any idea what the thing weighs? I would like to "sometimes" put a shell on mine, and I'm wondering about how big a hassle I'm setting myself up for.

Quick Reply: Let's See Some Canopy/Shell Pics