Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door weatherstripping.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:28 PM
PRIMERED79 SHORT BED
Laughing Gas
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Door weatherstripping.

Has anybody installed this kit before?

1987-1997 Ford Bronco and Ford F-Series Truck Front Door Kit-Broncograveyard.com

Good price, but my only question, on the window runs they have some funky ends on them.
I never payed much attention to mine, but are these the correct strips?

Its going on a 1992 f150 reg cab.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:34 AM
PRIMERED79 SHORT BED
Laughing Gas
Bump, anybody have any input on these?

Old 02-10-2016, 08:18 AM
chrismd188
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They look like the right ones to me. $105 don't seem to bad if there oem

Old 02-10-2016, 12:54 PM
RIKIL
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have not installed that but am considering it. I have been looking for the window parts for a while, the weather stripping would just be extra for me

Old 02-10-2016, 01:18 PM
madpogue
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Probably not OEM. A LOT of non-OEM door/window hardware is absolute crap. Check the prices at the online dealers that support the forums (Autonation, Sunrise, etc); you might be surprised. I bought some "OEM equivalent" door weatherstrips from Dennis Carpenter once, marked as Made in USA on their web site. Had prominent "Made in China" labels when they arrived. You could also tell the quality was lacking. Returned them, contacted AutoNation and had them actually look at one on the shelf, it was marked "Made in Canada". Only a few dollars more. Much higher quality.

That said, MOST of the Dennis Carpenter products are US made and of decent quality. I bought a set of these: Division Bar/Door Glass Run | Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts for the division bar / glass run, and these: Door Glass AntiRattler | Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts and Door Glass AntiRattler | Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts for the anti-rattlers (one is driver side, one is passenger, and it's NOT indicated on the site). They WERE marked USA when they arrived, and of good quality.

I see they also have this set - Window AntiRattler Kit | Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts which includes the anti-rattle strips, and indicated Made in USA, but the division bar and glass run parts appear to be separate pieces, for whatever reason. No idea about the quality of this kit.

So contact the Graveyard and find out at least where they're made. If they're offshore, you can pretty-much assume they'll be inferior. Maybe it's a difference in the raw materials they have to start with.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:09 PM
RIKIL
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by madpogue
Probably not OEM. A LOT of non-OEM door/window hardware is absolute crap. Check the prices at the online dealers that support the forums (Autonation, Sunrise, etc); you might be surprised. I bought some "OEM equivalent" door weatherstrips from Dennis Carpenter once, marked as Made in USA on their web site. Had prominent "Made in China" labels when they arrived. You could also tell the quality was lacking. Returned them, contacted AutoNation and had them actually look at one on the shelf, it was marked "Made in Canada". Only a few dollars more. Much higher quality.

That said, MOST of the Dennis Carpenter products are US made and of decent quality. I bought a set of these: Division Bar/Door Glass Run | Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts for the division bar / glass run, and these: Door Glass AntiRattler | Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts and Door Glass AntiRattler | Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts for the anti-rattlers (one is driver side, one is passenger, and it's NOT indicated on the site). They WERE marked USA when they arrived, and of good quality.

I see they also have this set - Window AntiRattler Kit | Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts which includes the anti-rattle strips, and indicated Made in USA, but the division bar and glass run parts appear to be separate pieces, for whatever reason. No idea about the quality of this kit.

So contact the Graveyard and find out at least where they're made. If they're offshore, you can pretty-much assume they'll be inferior. Maybe it's a difference in the raw materials they have to start with.
You seem to know a bit about where to get parts...I never knew of that place before so I am going to ask a related question about buying parts...would you happen to know where I could get a transmission fluid filler tube for my E4OD? Mine bent the last time I installed the trans and I need a new one. Can't find that.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:48 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by PRIMERED79 SHORT BED
Has anybody installed this kit before?

1987-1997 Ford Bronco and Ford F-Series Truck Front Door Kit-Broncograveyard.com

Good price, but my only question, on the window runs they have some funky ends on them.
I never payed much attention to mine, but are these the correct strips?

Its going on a 1992 f150 reg cab.
Something doesnt seem right. WAY too cheap. Just ONE belt line molding is $95. NO WAY you are getting all OEM parts for $105

Old 02-10-2016, 06:16 PM
madpogue
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by RIKIL
You seem to know a bit about where to get parts...I never knew of that place before so I am going to ask a related question about buying parts...would you happen to know where I could get a transmission fluid filler tube for my E4OD? Mine bent the last time I installed the trans and I need a new one. Can't find that.
Sorry, no clue; I haven't owned an automatic vehicle in decades. Junkyard might be your best bet for that part, if they'd be willing to sell one separate from the transmission.

Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad
Something doesnt seem right. WAY too cheap. Just ONE belt line molding is $95. NO WAY you are getting all OEM parts for $105
$66 for the molding / anti-rattle at AutoNation (aka Tousley). But point taken; at that price, it's def. aftermarket, and most likely crap quality third-world aftermarket. Dennis Carpenter does have SOME good quality US-made aftermarket trim parts, but you have to aim carefully before pulling the trigger.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:55 PM
stak
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have done this install several times when i used to rebuild these trucks after they where wrecked. the hard part about installing the trim is removing the old ones. the clips will fight you. you will need a small screwdriver to bend the back side of the clips. then just pop them off the door. they just clip to the door and to the door panels. the window seal just slides into the track channel. if you remove the door panel and remove the door glass it would be cake work to install the trim and window seal.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:59 PM
RIKIL
Posting Guru
I have owned my truck for 20+ years and I think for the last 10 I have been wanting to replace these window parts. Looking forward to it. Appreciate all the info.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:05 PM
PRIMERED79 SHORT BED
Laughing Gas
[QUOTE=madpogue;16031095]Probably not OEM. A LOT of non-OEM door/window hardware is absolute crap. Check the prices at the online dealers that support the forums (Autonation, Sunrise, etc); you might be surprised. I bought some "OEM equivalent" door weatherstrips from Dennis Carpenter once, marked as Made in USA on their web site. Had prominent "Made in China" labels when they arrived. You could also tell the quality was lacking. Returned them, contacted AutoNation and had them actually look at one on the shelf, it was marked "Made in Canada". Only a few dollars more. Much higher quality.

That said, MOST of the Dennis Carpenter products are US made and of decent quality. I bought a set of these: Division Bar/Door Glass Run | Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts for the division bar / glass run, and these:

My question was about the curved plastic parts at the end of the window runs, what are they for?

Thanks for the link, I'll check those out.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:11 PM
FordTruckfan89
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've had good luck with Fairchild weatherstripping. Probably not us made, but fit and works well. RockAuto and jcwhitney sell them.