Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Delete Questions

 
  #1  
Old 01-21-2016, 02:07 PM
GCLL
GCLL is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 349
GCLL is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
2011 Delete Questions

I am considering deleting my 2011 now that it is out of warranty (if you want to call it that).

Can someone please help me figure out what my least expensive option would be? From what I have read, I will have to get an SCT X4 which should be $400-500 plus a custom tune $150, delete pipe $300, and EGR block off plates. Is that it?

Will blocking off the EGR damage it at all? I want to be able to return to stock when I trade it in. My EGR is currently in good shape due to being replaced from clogging.

My main goal here is making the truck as reliable as possible. Thanks
 
  #2  
Old 01-21-2016, 04:06 PM
BPA's Avatar
BPA
BPA is offline
New User
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4
BPA is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just did deleted my 2011, SCTx4(with a windshield mount) to monitor gauges and a dpf delete pipe for $932 from Rudys Diesel. I didn't get the block off plates for the EGR but after reading more it sounds like that is the best way to go especially since you want to return it to stock when you trade it in.
 
  #3  
Old 01-21-2016, 04:39 PM
GCLL
GCLL is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 349
GCLL is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by BPA View Post
I just did deleted my 2011, SCTx4(with a windshield mount) to monitor gauges and a dpf delete pipe for $932 from Rudys Diesel. I didn't get the block off plates for the EGR but after reading more it sounds like that is the best way to go especially since you want to return it to stock when you trade it in.
Yeah, I wouldn't want to ruin any of the emissions related components for future use. Shoot even if you plan to keep the truck forever, the parts will eventually become valuable as these trucks get older and people start having to replace them.

Where to you get your delete capable tune from? How hard was the entire process? Any surprises?
 
  #4  
Old 01-21-2016, 04:59 PM
GCLL
GCLL is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 349
GCLL is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The more I read on this the more confused I get. So it looks like older trucks before 2014 have more choices for deleting. I see Rudy still has H&S listed for the 6.7 up until 2014.

Is SCT still the least expensive option for a 2011?
 
  #5  
Old 01-21-2016, 05:21 PM
AzBlueOval's Avatar
AzBlueOval
AzBlueOval is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 107
AzBlueOval is starting off with a positive reputation.
I went with the X4 on my '11. The tuners will range in price, and it seems like it is due to supply/demand as well as options. For example, the X4 does not allow shift on the fly tuning, like the mini maxx does. I use a CTS for monitoring & only change my tune when I plan on towing the trailer. So for me, X4 was just fine, and 1/2 the cost of the MM.

Everything you said sounds about right, programmer, delete pipe or downpipe back kit, and something for your EGR.
 
  #6  
Old 01-21-2016, 05:29 PM
GCLL
GCLL is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 349
GCLL is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by AzBlueOval View Post
I went with the X4 on my '11. The tuners will range in price, and it seems like it is due to supply/demand as well as options. For example, the X4 does not allow shift on the fly tuning, like the mini maxx does. I use a CTS for monitoring & only change my tune when I plan on towing the trailer. So for me, X4 was just fine, and 1/2 the cost of the MM.

Everything you said sounds about right, programmer, delete pipe or downpipe back kit, and something for your EGR.
So did you have to load a custom delete ready tune onto your X4 like I see guys talking about or is that only for the 2015?
 
  #7  
Old 01-23-2016, 12:39 AM
AzBlueOval's Avatar
AzBlueOval
AzBlueOval is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 107
AzBlueOval is starting off with a positive reputation.
I ordered my X4 from Rudy's Diesel and it came with Punch it Performance (PIP) tunes already loaded on it. PIP tunes are delete capable. The canned SCT tunes do not allow the delete. So you need to check with the vendor where you buy the X4 from, and see if they come with delete capable tunes or not. If so, your good to go, if not you will need to get with a company that makes the tunes, such as PIP or Gearhead, etc., and get the tunes from them.
 
  #8  
Old 01-23-2016, 12:42 AM
GCLL
GCLL is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 349
GCLL is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by AzBlueOval View Post
I ordered my X4 from Rudy's Diesel and it came with Punch it Performance (PIP) tunes already loaded on it. PIP tunes are delete capable. The canned SCT tunes do not allow the delete. So you need to check with the vendor where you buy the X4 from, and see if they come with delete capable tunes or not. If so, your good to go, if not you will need to get with a company that makes the tunes, such as PIP or Gearhead, etc., and get the tunes from them.

Thank you for clarifying that AzBlueOval.
 
  #9  
Old 01-23-2016, 11:05 AM
UGA33's Avatar
UGA33
UGA33 is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cartersville, Ga
Posts: 5,295
UGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GCLL View Post
The more I read on this the more confused I get. So it looks like older trucks before 2014 have more choices for deleting. I see Rudy still has H&S listed for the 6.7 up until 2014.

Is SCT still the least expensive option for a 2011?
Correct. A couple of companies dropped out all together around the time the '15s showed up due to Big Brother bringing the hammer down on the industry. 2011-14 trucks have the most options. The 15 and 16 trucks are slimmer. They still have good options though. Just have to know what to look for.
 
  #10  
Old 01-23-2016, 06:14 PM
superrangerman2002's Avatar
superrangerman2002
superrangerman2002 is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,767
superrangerman2002 has a great reputation on FTE.superrangerman2002 has a great reputation on FTE.superrangerman2002 has a great reputation on FTE.superrangerman2002 has a great reputation on FTE.
I'm also seriously considering deleting before it's no longer possible.

My only hang up is I don't want any drone while towing. I have a family of five and really don't want to hear about how loud it is in the cab or not be able to hear the radio.

It's not my first tuned vehicle either...infact this one is the only one I haven't tuned.

What is a good reasonable muffler to go with or should I just leave the factory tailpipe resonator assembly?

I've listened to all kinds of straight pipe clips and frankly they sound like garbage.

On my 7.3l I had a turbo back magnaflow system and I really liked it when towing.
 
  #11  
Old 01-23-2016, 06:48 PM
EO2SeaBee's Avatar
EO2SeaBee
EO2SeaBee is offline
Proudly Deplorable
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hempstead, TX
Posts: 11,051
EO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputation
I am running a straight 4" Flo-Pro on mine with no muffler. I left the factory resonator and tail pipe in place. I have no drone at all, at any speed, or any load so far. If you shut off the radio and listen closely, you can hear a nice rumble from the exhaust, but that's about it with the windows up. With the windows down, it sounds really good, but not obnoxiously loud!
 
  #12  
Old 01-23-2016, 08:18 PM
GCLL
GCLL is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 349
GCLL is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee View Post
I am running a straight 4" Flo-Pro on mine with no muffler. I left the factory resonator and tail pipe in place. I have no drone at all, at any speed, or any load so far. If you shut off the radio and listen closely, you can hear a nice rumble from the exhaust, but that's about it with the windows up. With the windows down, it sounds really good, but not obnoxiously loud!
That's good to know. I was going to leave the resonator and factory tip in place also.
 
  #13  
Old 01-23-2016, 09:26 PM
superrangerman2002's Avatar
superrangerman2002
superrangerman2002 is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,767
superrangerman2002 has a great reputation on FTE.superrangerman2002 has a great reputation on FTE.superrangerman2002 has a great reputation on FTE.superrangerman2002 has a great reputation on FTE.
What kind of egr delete kit should be used? Are some more reliable than others?

I was looking at rudys kit with the return hose thinking that would make more sense than using plugs.
 
  #14  
Old 01-23-2016, 10:05 PM
EO2SeaBee's Avatar
EO2SeaBee
EO2SeaBee is offline
Proudly Deplorable
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hempstead, TX
Posts: 11,051
EO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputation
The ones with plugs have been known to fail, so the ones that use the hose seem to be better. You can get them flashy - such as Sinister - or plain jane. Either will work. If you want to run some sort of monitor eventually for EGT, get one with the hole tapped in the plate for installation of a probe.
 
  #15  
Old 01-24-2016, 07:14 AM
UGA33's Avatar
UGA33
UGA33 is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cartersville, Ga
Posts: 5,295
UGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by superrangerman2002 View Post
What kind of egr delete kit should be used? Are some more reliable than others?

I was looking at rudys kit with the return hose thinking that would make more sense than using plugs.
Check into ones that have a flow through plate where the cooler was. Most kits allow the coolant to just dead head there while kits like No Limits offer a flow through plate so it can circulate like it was designed to.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Delete Questions


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: