Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

CT's New Year's BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 07:55 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Morning

There is a nice frost on the truck this morning.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:16 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Good morning everyone! Looks like our warm winter is going on hiatus next week, Sunday's high is going to be 2 degrees. I imagine I'll be missing Connecticut around the middle of next week.

In other news, our daughter Hannah is showing some concerning symptoms, her neurosurgeon thinks the back of her brain may be getting compressed. That's kind of a scary surgery, she had one three years ago, and we're really hoping it's not gonna be necessary again.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:12 PM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Tom
Good morning everyone! Looks like our warm winter is going on hiatus next week, Sunday's high is going to be 2 degrees. I imagine I'll be missing Connecticut around the middle of next week.

In other news, our daughter Hannah is showing some concerning symptoms, her neurosurgeon thinks the back of her brain may be getting compressed. That's kind of a scary surgery, she had one three years ago, and we're really hoping it's not gonna be necessary again.

Our thought and prayers are with you and your family. Hannah being so young is scary for me never mind you and your wife.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:35 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Morning

Well my son Sparky the electrician came over with the grand kids last night. It was good to see them all. They camp with an RV bus and gave us a lot of good info on traveling with the 5th wheel. Got him to change lights in the spot lights out front.

Tom, hope Hannah is okay this morning.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:43 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Good morning everyone!

Hannah is doing about the same John. She's alert and happy, but lots of things bother her and her upper body strength is worse than it's been in years. Her neurosurgeon called last night and left a message for my wife, they are struggling to find an available MRI machine. She has to be sedated for this one, so it's a bit more of a procedure than usual. We'll hear more from them today, but she may get admitted so they can better check all of this out.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good Afternoon all!

Congrats on the truck Brendon!! It sure is a beauty!!

Thoughts and prayers, Tom, hope all goes well!

Old 01-07-2016, 01:16 PM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master

Just looked at the pics of Brendon's truck at the link for the dealer. Holy Cow the OBS trucks are going for huge money, there's a green crew with the 7.3 going for 30k!!

Old 01-08-2016, 04:49 AM
Nice Work Truck
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good morning guys and TGIF.

Tom I hope every thing turns out OK for your little girl.

Old 01-08-2016, 05:05 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Morning

Tom, any word on Hannah?

Got to call the plumber this morning. a back up in the shower from the kitchen sink drain. Not a clue what's going on there.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:09 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Good morning everyone.

Nothing yet, I imagine we'll hear something today. After a reaction to anesthesia the last couple of times they are concerned about sedation until cleared by an allergist. Those are very tough to get into on a timely manner around here. No change otherwise, but we're keeping a close eye on her.

Old 01-08-2016, 05:51 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
I hope things get sorted out for your little girl, Tom. It sounds like it's going to be quite cold up your way this weekend based on the forecast for the Vikings game on Sunday.

Old 01-09-2016, 05:20 AM
keyul
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning everyone. Tom, I hope everything goes well for Hannah & that she feels better soon!

Old 01-09-2016, 07:43 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Morning

No sun this morning but just a little chilly. Dogs love it.

Had the plumber out yesterday and snaked out the pipes. Grease build up. Not something I could get at myself. Glad I called. The plumber was one of the first owners of the F450 diesel back in the 70's. Then went to the Mercedes Sprinter diesel which when it needed work couldn't get it done because no one worked on them. And Now a Ram gas. The hole time drooling over my F250.

Hope things are getting better for Hannah today.

Old 01-09-2016, 09:25 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Good morning everyone.

Thanks for the concern, Hannah's doing about the same. If she gets any worse they will admit her, but we're trying to avoid that for the time being. Hope to hear some better plan on Monday.

You're right about the cold Josiah, we're at 5 degrees right now, and this is the warmest it'll be all day. -10 tonight, and I'd probably question the mental integrity of those going to see the Vikings play tomorrow. That's why I have a TV!

Old 01-09-2016, 10:53 AM
jbehuniak
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Went to wethersfield DMV didn't get truck registered or transfer my AL licence that's what you get for not reading all the documents you need. I didn't have 2 pieces of mail. Try again Tuesday

Quick Reply: CT's New Year's BS Thread