GLR
FTE Legend
Received 978 Likes on 884 Posts
Very nice sled I've got a 78 SC with the same paint scheme

Old 01-26-2020, 11:25 PM
Cracker289
Cargo Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Dave, no I am not far from you at all, probably 5 or 6 miles. I'm not in the town of Four Oaks, I'm closer to Reedy Creek golf course. The parts truck has a flareside bed from a 95 on it. I actually listed the bed on marketplace, hoping somebody out there is interested in it. Couple of nibbles so far but no bites! lol

Old 01-27-2020, 07:40 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Dave should get the bed and make a trailer out of it. I think it would look good behind his truck I did that with a 75 short bed to tow behind my 75 F250. Painted to match the truck.

Old 01-27-2020, 02:29 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got my parts ordered to put Stud girdles on Ol' Blue, hopefully that stuff will be in by the weekend so I can get a little work on it the weekend. Also ordered some front wheel bearings for the 4 wheeler.

In the meantime I messed with the 96 a little bit. Installed a new fuel pump and it fired right up, with the gas in it from back in August.

Old 01-28-2020, 06:12 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,274 Likes on 1,937 Posts
Originally Posted by Cracker289
Dave, no I am not far from you at all, probably 5 or 6 miles. I'm not in the town of Four Oaks, I'm closer to Reedy Creek golf course. The parts truck has a flareside bed from a 95 on it. I actually listed the bed on marketplace, hoping somebody out there is interested in it. Couple of nibbles so far but no bites! lol
So how bad is the truck as it does not look all that bad.
Little clean up and paint the bed to match and it looks like you could get your money back.
BTW real flare sides use chains on the tail gate LOL

Originally Posted by GLR
Dave should get the bed and make a trailer out of it. I think it would look good behind his truck I did that with a 75 short bed to tow behind my 75 F250. Painted to match the truck.
Read the "BTW" line above no chains not a flare side LOL
Dave ----

Old 01-29-2020, 05:04 AM
Cracker289
Cargo Master
Dave the parts truck is very rusted, cab has holes along the roof line, and underneath the doors, etc. I have someone interested in the rear fenders off that 95 bed for $300 so if he takes those and I scrap the truck then I will probably come out ahead on it! I already have a friend who wants the 300 engine and will swap me a 390 for it. Sweet deal

Old 01-29-2020, 02:55 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Dave the parts truck is very rusted, cab has holes along the roof line, and underneath the doors, etc. I have someone interested in the rear fenders off that 95 bed for $300 so if he takes those and I scrap the truck then I will probably come out ahead on it! I already have a friend who wants the 300 engine and will swap me a 390 for it. Sweet deal
What year is the parts truck?
So it had a 300 what transmission does it have? AC or non-AC? I am guessing a short bed, is the frame rusted out like the roof? What shape is the "A" pillar, door panels dash bezels in?
My wheels are turning depending on year of the truck and the shape of parts left and not just the parts I listed above.
Dave ----

Old 01-30-2020, 02:38 AM
Cracker289
Cargo Master
Dave come by and check it out, I'm normally around in the afternoons. I don't think we exchanged #'s at the last dinner, so take mine down and text me. 910-two-three-two-5838. Meanwhile, any advice on this quick-connect setup? I can't get it to release. Doesn't help that I don't know what I am doing, last vehicle I had that used this setup was a 1996 Windstar and I traded it in back in 2003, so it's been a while since I had to figure this out.

Old 01-30-2020, 08:16 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
that blue and black one looks like its the squeeze lock connection... you just squeeze the outer casing and it releases the other line from inside it... looks like someone in the past has busted the casing on the tank side fitting or they busted off the tabs on the inside of the fuel line side.. cant tell from the pic if the white stuff there is the remnants of the white plastic connector clip for the tank side or if its just the paper tag they sometimes left on to tell you which hose to connect to...

the springlock tool you got there in the bottom of the pic is more for this style of fitting.. but can sometimes be used with a different style...

theres technically 3 types ive seen of the quick releases since they quit using the screw style fittings... (which i loved those over these newer things)... You have the spring lock pictured above used mostly in pressurized systems... Then theres the plastic squeeze and release style ive seen on alot of GM's (connectors shaped ovallish and grips onto the other half of the connection by its rounded lip sticking through the cut out openings... you just squeeze on the connector to make it round and it releases from the other line) and then you got these new ones with the internal clips that either need to be pulled or are squeezed like the newer electrical connectors or require the use of the spring lock tool... always fun trying to figure out which way they go with that last one...

for me i always hate dealing with the spring lock styles... it always feels like im trying to break the line to get them to release...

Old 01-30-2020, 09:05 AM
FordTruckfan89
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That truck is not from around here, it's seen salt/brine somewhere for sure. If that connection is what I think it is, just yank on it, the hairpin clip is already off.

Old 01-30-2020, 09:10 AM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some goodies showed up last night.

That should help keep those studs nice and straight 🤔 also got some new studs in last night. Not sure if I'll get a chance to work on it this weekend or not, but I'm ready to start putting it together now.

Old 01-30-2020, 12:25 PM
Cracker289
Cargo Master
Shawn, I saw those round style clip tools on a youtube video. But I knew had this release tool in my garage somewhere and finally found it. I know I did not take a good enough to see what the white thing is, but going from memory I think that where the vent tube connects. I'll have to look again.

Dustin the guy that previously owned this truck lived in Wilmington. I really don't think it's salt / brine I think it's the remnants of the truck bed rusting away that's taken everything underneath with it. That gas tank has rust holes on top.

Larry - wee dogies them stud girdles are purty!

Old 01-30-2020, 01:43 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Dave come by and check it out, I'm normally around in the afternoons. I don't think we exchanged #'s at the last dinner, so take mine down and text me. 910-two-three-two-5838. Meanwhile, any advice on this quick-connect setup? I can't get it to release. Doesn't help that I don't know what I am doing, last vehicle I had that used this setup was a 1996 Windstar and I traded it in back in 2003, so it's been a while since I had to figure this out.
John thanks for the number and will text you from 203-nine-one-two-8336 when I have time to head that way.
Looks like maybe after work Friday depending how I tired I am (getting up at 12am Fri morning) or sometime Saturday when the wife is out (11am - 3pm or later).

On that fuel line you have seen more of that high PSI stuff than me as I have never messed with them.
Are you looking to save the line to reuse or? I think they make repair lines for them but check before going and cutting them.
Dave G.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:59 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
They do make repair connectors for that plastic line. On the fitting , it looks like the retainer clip is gone but, make sure there are not any pieces left underneath.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...0repair%20kits

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...ine%20retainer

Old 01-30-2020, 02:27 PM
Cracker289
Cargo Master
Hey Dave, Saturday looks to be a busy day for me, I have something in the morning, then I have a guy coming to look at the bed on the parts truck, then I have a meeting in the afternoon. Everything piling up on me that day. Friday afternoon is fine if you're up for it.

I got the connector off doing what Shawn said. Although I could not squeeze it by hand, hand to use pliers. It slide right off after that.

Here you can see the white connector better, it is for the float, going to the fuel gauge.

Connector slid right off when I squeezed the black part with pliers. Thanks for the tip Shawn.

Quick Reply: Official NCFTE Works Thread