6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2020, 07:52 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,381 Likes on 1,735 Posts
You don't waste any time taking the tree down huh, LoL

those new headlights will be nice

Chad, great pic

Old 12-26-2020, 09:58 AM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 536 Likes on 183 Posts
Thanks guys. Kenzi's gift has been letting us sleep thru the night now.
Me and Jen didn't buy anything above stocking suffer level for us. Deductible's for Kenzie's arrival hit the slush funds a bit harder then we wanted (thanks Obama) and still would like to get a new truck in the spring.
And speaking of stocking staffers, one of my guys at work started making custom holsters. Had him do one for Jen and her brother. Pic from my buddy, the glock is somebody else's.

Old 12-26-2020, 03:50 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,787 Likes on 1,695 Posts
So what is that thing with the funny looking logo on it?

Old 12-26-2020, 03:55 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts
MMMMMMMMM..... Good eye Don... Urinal cake?

Old 12-26-2020, 04:09 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,787 Likes on 1,695 Posts
Originally Posted by System
That would work!

Old 12-26-2020, 07:17 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,149 Likes on 2,856 Posts
I think I would sooner wear the pink one than the funny logo one.

Old 12-26-2020, 08:37 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Steve, I can say the M18 rocket light is huge. I sure do love mine though! I'm sure the M12 will perform well as long as you have a big battery to go with. I get good run time out of the M18 with 5.0's, though I did just get an 8.

Chad sleeping through the night is the best gift she can offer! Changes your whole world for the (so much) better! Naps are also great but we lost those nearly a year ago.

I've got 8 full days off yet and I'm nearly losing my mind already. Far too wet to do anything outside in the yard. Got the ok from the warden to hack down the maple tree on the side of the house. It's the last obstacle to remove to make way for a major regrade on that side. It's dying from the top down, and has a big crotch about 5' up that is rotting. Should it break at that crotch it would take out the power lines to the house for sure and possibly hit the house. Better to just be proactive and get rid of it.

I don't know what to do with myself. I drew the plan and emailed it to the township engineer for the attempt to purchase the neighbors piece of property. And now I've resorted to looking at dump trailers. Minimum the Kubota will fit in is 14', so I'd be upgrading to a big heavy girl. I don't love not being able to haul it, and don't have room for 3 trailers. Upgrading to a bigger dump makes the most sense, but also will definitely hurt the wallet the most. Used trailer prices are insane right now, so I'd have to go new. That has to go on hold pending the property deal, but I just can't stop looking!

Old 12-27-2020, 12:59 AM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 536 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by 99150
So what is that thing with the funny looking logo on it?
Originally Posted by 99150
That would work!
Originally Posted by HRTKD
I think I would sooner wear the pink one than the funny logo one.

He's a chevy guy. Bought a new Duramax a couple years ago, but the lousy dealer service for GM trucks around here might have him jump ship next time though.
My buddy is looking for a new vendor for images to mold logos and patterns onto his holsters, I'll have him make up a proper Ford holster for me when he does.

Old 12-27-2020, 05:21 AM
System
Prolocutor
I hear you on the boredom Scott! Imagine it being full time because I have to be home with Elyse for remote schooling... Some of the projects I've made up just to have something to do are downright pitiful. With the snow melted, I am thinking I'll get outside to the wood pile this week and finish splitting everything that I have bucked to length. Once done I'll have two years ahead of this season split and seasoning. I've been reading a lot on the cutting and wood heat forums and it's amazing the knowledge some of the guys have. Except for my last house, I've heated with wood my whole life. I remember bringing in wood and filling the wood furnace before I walked to grammar school in the morning. Even with that much experience, I have still picked up a lot of new info. I'm getting darn good at tree ID even with no leaves on and have my moisture content tweaked for optimal burn. We filled our 1000 gallon LP tank to 80% last June. (That's the max you can fill it and still have the appropriate surface area for the LP to vaporize...) I checked it the other day and I'm still sitting at between 65 and 70%. The LP furnace only fires durning unseasonably warm winter days or in the shoulder seasons. Thank the lord I have this to keep me busy or I might loose it completely...

Let us know what you go for on the new dump. Good news is, even though yours is old, that great used market should help you too. I was thinking of putting mine on the market since we just don't use it that much. We got it so cheap that I could sell for what we paid new. However, having gotten it so cheap means we don't have much invested and I'm sure if we sell it, I'll need it again... So, I'm just not sure what to do. We have the enclosed trailer that can transport any of the toys we own so what do I really need it for anymore? Hmmm....

Old 12-27-2020, 06:49 AM
DuallyMike
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
Steve, I can say the M18 rocket light is huge. I sure do love mine though! I'm sure the M12 will perform well as long as you have a big battery to go with. I get good run time out of the M18 with 5.0's, though I did just get an 8.

Chad sleeping through the night is the best gift she can offer! Changes your whole world for the (so much) better! Naps are also great but we lost those nearly a year ago.

I've got 8 full days off yet and I'm nearly losing my mind already. Far too wet to do anything outside in the yard. Got the ok from the warden to hack down the maple tree on the side of the house. It's the last obstacle to remove to make way for a major regrade on that side. It's dying from the top down, and has a big crotch about 5' up that is rotting. Should it break at that crotch it would take out the power lines to the house for sure and possibly hit the house. Better to just be proactive and get rid of it.

I don't know what to do with myself. I drew the plan and emailed it to the township engineer for the attempt to purchase the neighbors piece of property. And now I've resorted to looking at dump trailers. Minimum the Kubota will fit in is 14', so I'd be upgrading to a big heavy girl. I don't love not being able to haul it, and don't have room for 3 trailers. Upgrading to a bigger dump makes the most sense, but also will definitely hurt the wallet the most. Used trailer prices are insane right now, so I'd have to go new. That has to go on hold pending the property deal, but I just can't stop looking!
Thought I could save you a little green, Scott. My brother works for an engineering firm. He has surveyed almost all of my families properties and a couple friends. Saw him over Christmas (Yes I did Gov. Wolf-screw you!), and he said he can't do it with having to file all of the paperwork for township. They used to be in Buckingham. then moved to Dublin or Doyelstown, but now he's in Bethlehem. His company is Boucher and James, if that helps you any.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:57 AM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Rodney, I can't even begin to imagine your situation! The firewood is definitely one way to keep you busy for as long as you want though. Sometimes when I'm not sure what to do I'll just go wander around the garage, I always find something, but when its below freezing I lose that desire. You are correct that the insane used trailer market would be a good time to sell. The upgrade fee would still likely run me 4k. PJ makes a "lighter" 14', 14k that only has 20" walls that I can get semi locally for $7125 with tarp and ramps, scissor hoist, but barn doors only. That's about the best value I've seen, everything else is 8-12k.

Mike, thanks for the offer, but yeah, theres no saving anything once the township gets involved. One of our neighbors who is a long time friend of Becky's parents is on the township planning commission. I'm going to give him a call tomorrow and see if he will walk over and offer his opinion. The more I think on it, the more I'm willing to be a bit more flexible on cost. We aren't going anywhere, our location is excellent and I really don't want to settle for a 14x28 shed. I want the width.

However the higher the land cost goes the longer it will take to build on it. And the current shed doesn't have that much time left.............a very delicate balance!

Old 12-27-2020, 10:53 AM
System
Prolocutor
Scott, what do you think my trailer is worth? 7X12 BriMar. I think it's a 712LE. Garage kept...

It's funny you mention wandering the garage looking for something to do. I do that when it's warm and I wander the basement in the winter.

Old 12-27-2020, 12:23 PM
stsmark
Mountain Pass
Received 60 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by elee3
That’s great! A tri-motor came through here a few years back and gave people rides. It’s a cool airplane. Also cool that you have a real Ford wrench. It’s one of my favorite tools, but all the ones I’ve had/used have been Crescent branded.

I also have MS. Diagnosed in 2001. Other than being mostly blind in one eye, I have been extremely fortunate with the lack of progression. I hope that you are managing well.
I’m sure it the same plane. It was in town giving rides and needed some love.
My MS is Primary Progressive type so my roads been rockier. Stable now thank god and happy for you.

A couple of the usual residents.

Old 12-27-2020, 07:26 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Scott, what do you think my trailer is worth? 7X12 BriMar. I think it's a 712LE. Garage kept...

It's funny you mention wandering the garage looking for something to do. I do that when it's warm and I wander the basement in the winter.
Theres a 612LE new between you and Boston advertised at $6600, but it does have ramps. If yours was listed around here, I'd expect to see it at $5500-5750. No idea if people are actually getting these prices, but if you dig around a little you can find a new one for what most of these clowns are asking for a mid 2000's unit. Almost all of the 2015 and up models you don't even have to dig to find a new one for the same price. I guess some people just think new costs more and don't research it.

And this is comparing fairly apples to apples units, BriMar, PJ, Big Tex, Load Trail, Pequea and Belmont. I don't even look at bottom end stuff like Appalachian or Kauffman, just under built IMO. And some, like the Bwise are just totally off in left field new or used. Don't get me wrong the Bwise is a top notch unit, the best of everything and no detail missed, but if you aren't using it to make you money every day it's just too much to swallow.

Old 12-27-2020, 07:59 PM
System
Prolocutor
I think I'm into mine for a hair over 5k so I should be able to clear that...

Quick Reply: Today is the day........