6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Who ever thought this was coming? LOL!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 07:47 PM
jdw1
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 03-27-2015, 07:59 PM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
To a point, I'm all for it. I have seen a few of those youtube videos of rolling coal. I don't run my SRL tune from Gearhead diesel too often because on first burst, the truck smokes too much for my liking. It doesn't last but a couple seconds, then clears up.

I read somewhere, that in Oregon, if a vehicle blows smoke out the tail pipe for longer than 10 seconds, they can call and report it.

Funny thing is though, I have seen gas vehicles driving around burning oil and leaving a nice cloud and most people just shrug and say, that vehicle is old.

Will they get a $5000 fine? Doubt it.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:20 PM
WatsonR
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Have them tighten up the smoke control. The SLR+ was smokey on mine also, that fixed it.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:46 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WatsonR
Have them tighten up the smoke control. The SLR+ was smokey on mine also, that fixed it.
I assume that "them" is the tune writer? Just askin' 'cause I'd like to eliminate the smoke on my SRL tune too, if possible without losing power. I tend to use my 8K tune for day to day use, mostly to avoid the smoke.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:56 PM
WatsonR
Post Fiend
yes, "them" is Matt at Gearhead. I had him adjust the tune about 30 minutes after I loaded it... don't like the smoke, he fixed all three.

Old 03-28-2015, 03:13 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Did you find that over at the ORG or pick it up here >>> New Bill Seeks $5,000 Fine for Rolling Coal » AutoGuide.com News

I got an Email from The ORG and that was one of the note
worthy things they sent out.

I was told by the Them aka Matt and the guy at the office that
if you stack an Atlas 40 on top of the SLR you will get smoke.

That being said with the SRL for non-stud I get a mild haze and not
for very long at that.

Sean

Old 03-28-2015, 09:23 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I get a significant blast of black smoke when mashing the accelerator on my non-studded safe SRL, but it doesn't continue to blow smoke for too long. Or maybe I just let off early... I do have studs now but haven't seen the need to increase to the SRL* or above. SRL seems plenty enough for me.
Smoke is for brain damaged children that don't know any better. Horsepower and torque are for adults and their adult toys.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:21 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
The only smoke I ever want to see is tire smoke.

Sean

EDIT : This is not counting BBQ Smoke. YUMM!

Old 03-28-2015, 04:11 PM
KDAVID1
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Yahiko

Sean

Me too--on both

2006 F350 4X4 Mishi 200° tstat, IPR EGR delete/up-pipe

Old 03-28-2015, 05:45 PM
WatsonR
Post Fiend

Sean

Tire smoke costs money, I'd prefer it to just go fast!

Old 03-28-2015, 06:14 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Moron who wrote the article
Rolling coal, or rollin’ coal, is the act of modifying a diesel vehicle, usually a pickup truck, to spew black smoke and soot. The trend hit the mainstream in the summer of 2014 with numerous viral videos of truck drivers dumping large plumes of black soot on passers by.
Does this guy have a functional brain stem, or has he lived under a rock for a decade?

Let's dissect:

Rolling coal, or rollin’ coal, is the act of modifying a diesel vehicle, You know the author is writing a serious article because he spelled out the words entirely before dropping one letter and adding an apostrophe to show he also knows the real vernacular colloquialism behind what he's writing about.

usually a pickup truck, to spew black smoke and soot. Because TDIs are totally kosher hipster, and VW Beatles are only covered in soot when the social justice warrior/Greenpeace member who owns it decides to donate to Acorn instead of maintaining their vehicle.

The trend hit the mainstream in the summer of 2014 And every season and year since Dodge put the 6BT B-Series in a Ram in 1989. Better late to the party than never, eh?

with numerous viral videos of truck drivers dumping large plumes of black soot on passers by. Also, the author was apparently unaware of what Youtube was until the summer of 2014 and the first video he was was someone rollin'coal'. The author will follow this article with scathing in-depth analysis of a how a cross dresser named Chris Crocker broke the interwebs in 2007 by pretending to be modern Diva-Queen Brittany Spears in an emotional appeal against the evils of modern social media mocking American celebrities.

Now back to your regular scheduled idiotic internet car articles.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:24 PM
Bullitt390
Certified Thread Hijacker

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Did you find that over at the ORG or pick it up here >>> New Bill Seeks $5,000 Fine for Rolling Coal » AutoGuide.com News

I got an Email from The ORG and that was one of the note
worthy things they sent out.

I was told by the Them aka Matt and the guy at the office that
if you stack an Atlas 40 on top of the SLR you will get smoke.

That being said with the SRL for non-stud I get a mild haze and not
for very long at that.

Sean
The Atlas 40 just by itself on a stock tune rolls coal fairly easily. Add that to an SRL or Looney Tune and it's Haze City!

Josh

Old 03-28-2015, 10:45 PM
LiftedBlackHD
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it hard to imagine that you guys so easily back up some politician trying to take away your freedoms. Obviously rollin coal isnt cool. Bu do we really need a politician with a new law to start fining people for it?

Read the article it talks about smoke stacks and other mods that would cause a fine.

I'm from CA and had enough of my freedoms being regulated by some DB politician.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:01 PM
Ford_Fan1
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't speak about what smog experiences you have had in CA but I don't think any of us should be worried about this bill as long as no-one intentionally tries to blow black. It's pretty obvious when someone purposely and obnoxiously lets their truck smoke to be "cool"-those are the people to be worried-also the ones that probably shouldn't be driving a diesel anyway . I personally can't stand when people purposely mod their trucks to roll coal because it gives the whole diesel community a bad rep and cause bills like this to be created.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:03 PM
Ford_Fan1
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LiftedBlackHD
I find it hard to imagine that you guys so easily back up some politician trying to take away your freedoms. .
It's not whether or not we support those politicians, so long as we don't support those who intentionally "roll coal".

Quick Reply: Who ever thought this was coming? LOL!!!!