General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

what annoys you most:part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 09:11 PM
pancake
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-16-2003, 10:13 PM
mbnv992
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

You should also include people who are too lazy to clean snow off the ROOFS of their cars/truck's. That is what tickes me off the most, seeing the snow flying off thier roof, and causing a hazard on the highway, becides, you never know when a big chunk of ic could come flying off. One time I forgot to clean the roof of my superduty, and I was riding along the highway, and all of a sudden I heard a LOUD SMASH comming from my roof area. I turned around, (still on the highway, doing about 75MPH in the middel lane) and I saw a huge chunk of ice fly off the roof, and hit the road behind me. I was thankfull that no car was following me that close. From then on, all the cars that were near me followed FAAAR away

Old 01-17-2003, 01:19 AM
christop43
Posting Guru

If you have a nice car/truck I don't mind if you take up a couple of spaces as long as you park in the back of the lot. I just can't stand people who take up two or three spaces by the door.

Old 01-17-2003, 03:10 AM
SkynyrdFreak
New User

Out here in Seattle, we have parking spaces that work great for HONDAS!!!! And I hate it when they follow too close on a windy road just because they can go 60 over in their car wanna-be. One time I got really fed up and came to an almost complete stop in the middle of the road. That was a funny joke.

Al

Old 01-17-2003, 08:51 AM
dlcslcman
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with ya on the snow issue. It amazes me to watch someone drive with their face stuck to the windshield at night because they didn't clean off the snow from at least their headlights and can't see

Dave

Old 01-17-2003, 08:59 AM
blu
Elder User

Add people that take up two pumps at the gas station then read the newspaper and BS for 10 minutes while paying for fuel. (Having left there vehicle in front of the pump).
Or cars/trucks that are earth-tone colors and drive around without there lights on when the weathers foul.

Ray

Old 01-17-2003, 11:07 AM
truckertaz
Posting Guru

there needs to be to be an all of the above catagory!! lol

Old 01-17-2003, 11:59 AM
tsheriff
Elder User

I'm with you on the parking space thing. About 6 weeks ago right before x-mass, I was at the the movies that shared the same parking lot as the mall. My friend and I went into the mall and i parked between two cars. So i made sure I was straight and in the center of the space so we could get out of the truck. After the movie we walk out of the theater and some chick with a villager mini van ,it had to be seing all the makup and suff on the pass seat, was parked on an angle in the space that left 6" between her pass tail-light and my back bumper. My door would open less than 6" which means that my 6'-4" 250 pound frame wasn't squeezing in. Her pass rear tire was over the line at leas 4". So i had to crawl through from the pass side of the truck, which in reference to me wasn't exactly easy to do. After smacking my head off the visor shelf and my knee off the 4 wheel shifter i was pretty ticked. Being that my truck has the nice strong stainless door edge guards on it, I open my door and let that sliding door have it, good, repeatedly. I know it was vicious to do it but i guarantee that she will never park like that again. It left one heck of a nice crease.

Old 01-17-2003, 02:48 PM
brienobrien
Elder User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 01-17-03 AT 03:50 PM (EST)]I have to chime in on the parking lot deal. It is becomming dangerous to park in the public places like malls, supermarkets, etc. I will call it "parking rage". People actually get angry when they can't find a space. They take it out on those of us that do. I have been "keyed" in Maine for having a Connecticut tag, I have been dented on the front quarter panel, and I have been scratched on the rear passenger door. Sometimes I think it does'nt pay to drive a late model vehicle. My Ranger was creamed along side the pickup bed by a white vehicle that only left paint for a calling card.

It is irresponsible behaivior such as this that really gets me going.

Old 01-17-2003, 02:52 PM
CO4x4SD
Senior User

Old 01-17-2003, 03:29 PM
horsepuller
Post Fiend
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

People who merge onto the highway at an exact calculated speed to collide with me, when we are the only two vehicles on the road.