6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

To Delete or not...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 11:48 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
This is cool. Any video of idling and some sound would be epic.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:21 PM
Magnolia Tom
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks 94. Very informative. I believe I'll end up doing exactly as you did

Old 10-21-2016, 01:25 PM
cappa
Senior User
I would recommend just dropping the whole hanger brackets right off the frame. Then take them off the exhaust on the ground and reinstall for the new exhaust. Much easier.

Old 10-23-2016, 11:20 AM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brake clean and a 20"+ pry bar for the exhaust hangers. They come right out when sprayed with brake clean and it evaporates with no mess left.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:51 AM
94ruck
Mountain Pass
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Yes, and you only end up using some of the hangers when replacing the system. i did remove "some" of the hangers. i will try to get a video with the sound. My next project is to catch up the the torquepro thread and learn how to monitor egt with the dpf sensor i put in the block off plate bung hole.
I am very happy with my system so far. the added power is noticeable only when you apply the throttle aggressively which I do very little. the sound is hardly noticeable unless you do the same. the dang thing is so fast i hate to punch it empty as it really goes, lol

Old 10-26-2016, 02:54 AM
94ruck
Mountain Pass
and I made my own blocker plate gasket for the egr side. the egr delete kit comes with the long plate. I needed a cover for the egr side so i made one out of sheet metal and used the opposite plate to hold it as the bolt pattern matched but not the "hole". not a big deal. I would like to get the correct plate along with the plates to block off the short pipe which is not necessary but just in case the cooler would leak....

Old 10-26-2016, 08:43 AM
allcool
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OutlawII
Looks great! How is the shifting with the mini? What tunes are you running?
Originally Posted by doublenot7
Shifting is fine but the trans is relearning so I will have better review of shifting afterwards. Running it on performance tune (not for towing). Im not sure the actual file name or if it is a custume tune. Diesel tech is former Ford and H&S tech, said he updated everything.
Just saw this almost 2 year old thread bumped up...

Anyhow, in the first year I've tried 3 different 'big' tuning companies tunes, not including the canned H&S tunes. All of them work very well imo. Some have more power than others in the max setting. One of them causes my engine to get the low fuel pressure message when really really on it.

I do not like any of the tranny tunes, at all. Actually, I hate them. All of them shift harshly and many times bang gears. Can't see how that is good for the tranny. I know, have read that "now you need more line pressure because of the increased HP". For a more or less stock truck just tuned' its over kill imo. If one doesn't pull sleds competitively, or drag race continuously, and drives it like you respect it, can't see how any of the tranny tunes I've tried will increase the tranny life. Imo and experience in rebuilding transmissions, tranny/drive line life will suffer from banging gears and harsh shifting a lot more than stock line pressure will hurt it.

I've found the best tranny tune for me, for my every day driver F350, is the Ford stock tranny tune on the H&S. Been using it for over a year now, almost always on top power level, no problems.
It shifts smooth as silk, never banging gears. Never slipping, no flares, no problems, no harsh shifts, works flawless. What a nice tranny Ford gave us...

If I need more aggressive tranny shifting, turning on the tow/haul mode works fine for me. If I'm not mistaken tow/haul mode does raise line pressure and shift points...

To get back to the 'stock Ford tranny tune one must go back to the start and re do the download choosing no tranny tune. One can't simply use the H&S stock power level setting and think the stock tranny tune is being used, its not. As it will still keep the tranny tune chosen at the start of the H&S install download no matter what H&S power level is chosen.
So a complete new install is needed to go back to stock tranny tune.

jmo

Old 10-26-2016, 11:18 AM
doublenot7
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is a post-delete question: Now what to do with the extra parts? Dump them or store them. I really don't have a ton of extra space. No trade ins planned. No testing here.

Old 10-26-2016, 11:31 AM
Magnolia Tom
Elder User
Originally Posted by doublenot7
Here is a post-delete question: Now what to do with the extra parts? Dump them or store them. I really don't have a ton of extra space. No trade ins planned. No testing here.
I'm going to keep mine when I do my delete. You never know if you'll upgrade to a newer model, plus you never know what the EPA could try to do to us here in Texas. Having it stashed away for future reinstallation is good insurance imho

Old 10-26-2016, 11:48 AM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When my delete parts finally show up I'll keep the stock parts after the swap. I need to pass testing every two years and might need them on to pass even though it's only a smoke test.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:04 AM
94ruck
Mountain Pass
I am also hanging onto my stock parts and elected not to pull the cooler. if and when Texas starts checking emissions on diesels, I am full prepared to remount this stuff. i am in the process( so far unsuccessfully) of draining my DEF tank and partially filling with distilled water.
I greased my connections and put latex gloves over them like a balloon to protect them for future use.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:15 PM
jawest79
New User
Where to start?

Instead of starting yet another delete thread I'll just tag onto this one.

I've decided to delete my truck, but not sure where to start. Where do you guys buy your complete delete packages (website)?

I don't want to remove the EGR, just install the block plates. Is there a good tutorial out there for that?

Basically, I'm new to this delete process and any help you all can give I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:45 PM
Magnolia Tom
Elder User
I'm new to this too, but I think you have to remove the egr to install the block off plates. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will come along to shed more light

Old 10-27-2016, 05:06 PM
cappa
Senior User
Just buy the blocker plates. It's pretty straight forward what to do. Those two short exhaust pipes to and from the egr come off and the blocker plates go in there place. Just make sure to soak the bolts in your favorite penetrating oil for a couple weeks in advance and be very careful taking then out, especially the ones on the manifold, as people have reported breaking then off. You need to remove and do a dpf off tune as well thou.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:25 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by jawest79
Instead of starting yet another delete thread I'll just tag onto this one.

I've decided to delete my truck, but not sure where to start. Where do you guys buy your complete delete packages (website)?

I don't want to remove the EGR, just install the block plates. Is there a good tutorial out there for that?

Basically, I'm new to this delete process and any help you all can give I would greatly appreciate it.
https://www.rudysdiesel.com/category-s/210.htm

I used them for my stuff and had great results.

Quick Reply: To Delete or not...?