VetNet A forum dedicated to ALL Veterans... their unique needs and wants. A place where Veterans old and new can discuss their problems and find the help and support they are looking for.

OFFICIAL ROLL CALL!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 08:24 PM
RL250
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
Can hedges really be used to create a "fatal funnel"?

ATF will come to your place with hedge trimmers hanging below the AR barrels instead of a 203.
Ok, that's funny. I suspect Greywolf has briar hedges. Much more effective.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,005 Likes on 1,601 Posts
Originally Posted by RL250
With Rattle Snake dens.......

Old 01-02-2015, 12:13 AM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
OPSEC, guys. You're giving away the element of surprise.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:52 AM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What about the tripwire into the moat once you get past the hedges? As per OPSEC, what's in the moat is classified.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:18 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by ProjectDually
What about the tripwire into the moat once you get past the hedges? As per OPSEC, what's in the moat is classified.
Crocodiles, Hungry, Pissed.............

Old 01-02-2015, 05:29 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Come to think of it, I know some people in Missippi who have 'Gator critters in their ponds, might be an idea.

But while the ATF are trimming my bushes, I figured to make a quiet exfil out the back way - truth to tell

Did I ever mention my idea to hook up a set of lawn sprinklers to a compressor and a can of gasoline with a set of well placed igniters?

***snikkkerrrezzz***

~ and people are afraid of GUNS...

The average individual just does not think. But I know better than to implement such a design, because it would instantly render my property into a class far beyond a "Fortified House" which is against the law in many states of the union - particularly Oklahoma:

Oklahoma has a new law that makes it a crime to “fortify” a citizen’s home against possible entry by law enforcement.

State Rep. Sue Tibbs was one of the sponsors of a bill that makes it unlawful for “any person to willfully fortify an access point into any dwelling, structure, building or other place where a felony offense prohibited by the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Act is being committed, or attempted, and the fortification is for the purpose of preventing or delaying entry or access by a law enforcement officer, or to harm or injure a law enforcement officer in the performance of official duties.”

The law took effect Nov. 1, 2009.

The law states that to “fortify an access point” means to willfully construct, install, position, use or hold any material or device designed to injure a person upon entry or to strengthen, defend, restrict or obstruct any door, window or other opening into a dwelling, structure, building or other place to any extent beyond the security provided by a commercial alarm system, lock or deadbolt, or a combination of alarm, lock or deadbolt.

The law carries punishment of imprisonment of not more than five years or by a fine up to $10,000 or by both.

I wonder what Sue Tibbs house is fortified with?

I bet you can't get near it with anything less than an assault force...

Double standards **** me off.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:33 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by Greywolf

Did I ever mention my idea to hook up a set of lawn sprinklers to a compressor and a can of gasoline with a set of well placed igniters?
Do that and you'd probably get in more trouble than the home invader who came for you.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:52 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RL250
Poison Oak and Ivy are much more easily explained away, and have lingering debilitating effects.

~ just thinking out loud

You want to create a nuisance that places a burden on the medical assets, as well as being a morale based deterrent.

~ I have said before: Work WITH nature...

The Viet Cong understood this very well, and I have studied that.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:58 AM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Well I wonder about high crime areas, that have bars on their windows to prevent a break in? There has to be some loopholes to justify a little extra fortification.

Old 01-03-2015, 06:13 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Greywolf
State Rep. Sue Tibbs was one of the sponsors of a bill that makes it unlawful for “any person to willfully fortify an access point into any dwelling, structure, building or other place where a felony offense prohibited by the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Act is being committed, or attempted, and the fortification is for the purpose of preventing or delaying entry or access by a law enforcement officer, or to harm or injure a law enforcement officer in the performance of official duties.”

The law took effect Nov. 1, 2009.
If this is an accurate quote then so long as you aren't carrying on drug related felony offenses inside you are good to fortify all you want. I like the briar hedges funneling to a moat filled with water moccasins and gators myself, backed by claymores just in case. But thats just an old Army approach.

Carry on gentlemen.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:10 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
John Manzone
Navy 1967-1971
3rd Class Petty Officer
Vietnam 1968-1970 Danang Main Security

Quietly in Connecticut.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:15 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by sbryan
If this is an accurate quote then so long as you aren't carrying on drug related felony offenses inside you are good to fortify all you want. I like the briar hedges funneling to a moat filled with water moccasins and gators myself, backed by claymores just in case. But thats just an old Army approach.

Carry on gentlemen.
When did the Army use gators and snakes?

Old 01-03-2015, 07:24 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom
When did the Army use gators and snakes?
Field expedient if you spent any time in a swamp.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:56 AM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
I like the briar hedges funneling to a moat filled with water moccasins and gators myself, backed by claymores just in case. But thats just an old Army approach.
Sounds like somebody has memorized the Ranger handbook!
They don't really trust us grunts to use live claymores. Even though we use training ones all the time, I've only seen a live one go off in OSUT.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:30 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Carry on gentlemen.
Do you realize have much FUN it would be to see a bunch of Gov Traitors trying to penetrate a place with those defenses..........

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL ROLL CALL!