General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Bill Cosby

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 09:05 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,065 Likes on 4,165 Posts
I do believe that to be the case. Dirt bag...said with the utmost respect...owns a place about 10 miles west of me...it's been on the market since just after the allegations became public. Asking price was 3.3 mil...now down to 1.99 mil.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:32 PM
BIGKEN
Coby was found guilty on all 3 charges in the re-trial...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...Qzw?li=BBnb7Kz

Who's next??? Trump???

Old 04-26-2018, 08:50 PM
old farm truck
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He's not going to have an easy time in jail

bubba got yo pudding pop right here nome sane.

Last edited by krewat; 04-27-2018 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Removed a certain phrase
Old 04-28-2018, 07:46 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
He may well be able to keep out of jail if he has grounds for appeal.

While it sure seems like he's a douchebag in real life - they first compelled him to testify in a civil case, then, later used that testimony in a criminal case. That's illegal ain't it? That's dirty pool right there anyway. Plus he settled the accusation out of court years ago for millions of dollars and then years later they reneged on the deal? Is that legal?

I don't know who to believe, but due process is crucial to any legal system. Most rape cases are "she said he said" and difficult. Maybe he deserves prison, though mere accusations without proof, without evidence, should not be enough to ruin people's lives. That's insanity. And that's what the mob wants. Young males particularly need to be extremely careful at university, or anywhere for that matter these days. There is a component of modern academia that will chew you up and spit you out as a hobby. Police or the courts or due process, are just quaint old-fashioned notions.

One male student (for example) at a major university was passed out in a dorm room. His roomates girlfriend took it upon herself to give passed out guy a blöwjoeb unbeknownst to him. It is axiomatic that he could not give consent, right? Aren't we constantly told this?

She recounted the tale some months later and for whatever reason was somehow persuaded - get this - that somehow SHE was the victim here in this operation. On what planet does this even sound remotely sane? He was in big trouble and was expelled iirc, etc. Generally students in situations like this are told they cannot have a lawyer.

Hint: If they try to tell you cannot have a lawyer, bring your lawyer.

Old 04-29-2018, 01:14 AM
old farm truck
Elder User
Cosby's troubles started when he told a black audience to stop blaming their problems on racism and take back responsibility for their own communities.

While well meaning his statement contradicted the official narrative that all of America's problems are the fault of white people. Particularly working class white people who own firearms and believe in personal responsibility and limited government.

This scapegoating serves the same purpose as blaming immigrants or visible minorities. It protects the elite who make all of the important decisions from criticism. And deflects popular opposition towards groups that have no power or effective representation.

Old 04-29-2018, 11:36 AM
Dirtbag
Senior User
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
I do believe that to be the case. Dirtbag ...said with the utmost respect...owns a place about 10 miles west of me...it's been on the market since just after the allegations became public. Asking price was 3.3 mil...now down to 1.99 mil.

I own no such place. And further more, I am in no way connected with this here Cosby fellow

Old 04-29-2018, 03:50 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Gunna have to get some consent forms made up guys.Make up a safe/stop word.Record the whole thing.Send the video of each encounter to your lawyer and have him lock 'em up and burn them after the statute of limitations run out.
Watch your backs.Might be best to just keep your distance.Go find yourself a chick overseas or something.

Current target: Tom Brokaw.

LMGTFY

Old 04-29-2018, 04:22 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Yep. The monster they created has gone off the leash and is now completely uncontrollable. Tom Brokejaw?? Yeah... no, not my clowns, not my circus. Too bad so sad. We're seeing the breakdown of the rule of law, equality before the law, due process, etc, honed and perfected first on college campuses and then rolled out later on the general population. I'd think lots of folks would be worried right now.

Rock and roll stars and other musicians would seem to be an easy target. They have Lots of Money, and a well known taste for lots of women and truckloads of drugs going back 50 years.

Old 05-01-2018, 03:11 PM
BIGKEN
Originally Posted by Dirtbag

I own no such place. And further more, I am in no way connected with this here Cosby fellow
My apologies for comparing you to Cosby...although...he's been a Dirtbag much longer than you. By the way...the price of his property has been dropped further...to less than a $million. Perhaps it's now in your budget.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...ex=MA607518905

Originally Posted by old farm truck
Cosby's troubles started when he told a black audience to stop blaming their problems on racism and take back responsibility for their own communities.

While well meaning his statement contradicted the official narrative that all of America's problems are the fault of white people. Particularly working class white people who own firearms and believe in personal responsibility and limited government.

This scapegoating serves the same purpose as blaming immigrants or visible minorities. It protects the elite who make all of the important decisions from criticism. And deflects popular opposition towards groups that have no power or effective representation.
I guess I'm confused...I believe that Mr. Cosby was a sexual predator long before the above mentioned "lecture". He long has been an advocate for African Americans to take responsibility for their lot in life and stop making excuses for misbehavior...in other words...rise above. Unfortunately he didn't follow through by accepting responsibility publicly when all the charges became public. He did do what many wealthy people have done...he bought his way out of the situation...at least he thought he did. I believe his payment to MS. Constant was $3.4 million. Apparently Trump got out cheap by paying MS Daniels a mere $130,000...a bargain indeed...although that remains a question to be resolved.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:12 PM
old farm truck
Elder User
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
I guess I'm confused...I believe that Mr. Cosby was a sexual predator long before the above mentioned "lecture". He long has been an advocate for African Americans to take responsibility for their lot in life and stop making excuses for misbehavior...in other words...rise above.
Encouraging blacks to take responsibility for themselves is fine. Cosby broke the rules when he told blacks to stop blaming their problems on white people.

Old 05-03-2018, 05:43 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Old 05-03-2018, 06:38 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
....And nobody knew anything. Or everybody knew? Oh wait, it's "We're just as shocked as you are!"

Jeeze what a fhit-show. That guy is older than Admiral Nelson and looks like the extra parts guy in the embalmers closet. One accusation is from 1976

Old 09-25-2018, 05:51 PM
BIGKEN
Wellllllllllll...today Cosby was sentenced to no less than3 no more than 10 years in state prison in PA...quite possibly a death sentence for the convicted sexual predator. If he does get out...he'll be listed on the sex offender registry...the judge said that he's a "Sexually Violent Predator". While in prison...he participate in sex offenders treatment.

Justice served???

Old 09-25-2018, 06:10 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Hard to know.Depends on what evidence was used to convict him.

https://abc7news.com/bill-cosbys-wif...t-him/4337498/

Old 09-25-2018, 06:16 PM
BIGKEN
Having re-read this thread before posting the above...I compliment you on your consistency. The fact remains...Cosby was convicted and will serve time for his heinous crimes...but...only for a few of them. His reported 60+ victims will have to take solace in that.

Quick Reply: Bill Cosby