1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a F250. Need some ranch hand bumpers, floor mats and seat covers.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 07:41 PM
F250FX4
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought a F250. Need some ranch hand bumpers, floor mats and seat covers.

Hey all, I'm new here, and just recently picked up a 2012 F250XLT with the FX4 package and 6.2l gas engine.

Love the truck so far, and I've put over 1500 miles on it in two weeks. Already have a toolbox in it and just got a bedliner sprayed in.

I'm looking to put ranch hand bumpers front and back. Found a guy in Houston that will sell a front ranch hand for $300 plus the stock bumper (still need to get prices for the back). I'll be there late september for work, and will try to get the bumpers put on then.

I've got a friend that just put a front ranch hand on his GMC, and claims he lost a solid 1mpg. I've going to do it regardless (I didn't buy a large v8 to same on gas), but was curious if anyone with a f250 noticed any decrease in mileage?

Are there any similar bumpers I should be looking into other than the ranch hands?

Next thing I also need are all weather floor mats (I was going to buy the Ford SuperDuty specific ones, unless someone can convince me otherwise).
I need seat covers as well, preferably some kind of water proof/all weather ones. I am at the beach fishing several times a week, so I'm always getting sand and mud into the truck, and getting into the seat while still wet.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Redrkt
Senior User
I would suggest WeatherTech for your floormats and possibly seat covers, I need to get a set of window shades from them for my '06

Old 08-05-2014, 08:30 AM
Icthus in AK
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Second the Weathetechs. I've had them in 4 vehicles now--absolutely PERFECT fit and will keep your factory carpet pristine. Can't go wrong--plus they're made in USA (Schaumberg IL)

Old 08-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Kdr358
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the carhartt seat covers from Ford, I also have ranch hand bumpers on my 14. I have the legend front and rear bumpers. I'll post pics when I get off work this afternoon.

The carhartt covers are great and built just as well as the jackets. They are also waterproof and will protect the seat below.

I avg about 12.5 mpg mixed with my setup. Highway I'm closer to 13.5, I never really noticed a huge loss.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:35 AM
NorEasterMA
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Kdr358
I have the carhartt seat covers from Ford, I also have ranch hand bumpers on my 14. I have the legend front and rear bumpers. I'll post pics when I get off work this afternoon. The carhartt covers are great and built just as well as the jackets. They are also waterproof and will protect the seat below. I avg about 12.5 mpg mixed with my setup. Highway I'm closer to 13.5, I never really noticed a huge loss.
Yes and yes also. Carhartt covers are awesome. Bought mine direct from covercraft instead of from Ford, but they're the same. Quality and fit is top notch. I've got a Ranch Hand push bumper up front and I'm eyeing a rear bumper. Awesome products. Indestructible.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:51 AM
droldsmorland
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by F250FX4
Hey all, I'm new here, and just recently picked up a 2012 F250XLT with the FX4 package and 6.2l gas engine.

Love the truck so far, and I've put over 1500 miles on it in two weeks. Already have a toolbox in it and just got a bedliner sprayed in.

I'm looking to put ranch hand bumpers front and back. Found a guy in Houston that will sell a front ranch hand for $300 plus the stock bumper (still need to get prices for the back). I'll be there late september for work, and will try to get the bumpers put on then.

I've got a friend that just put a front ranch hand on his GMC, and claims he lost a solid 1mpg. I've going to do it regardless (I didn't buy a large v8 to same on gas), but was curious if anyone with a f250 noticed any decrease in mileage?

Are there any similar bumpers I should be looking into other than the ranch hands?

Next thing I also need are all weather floor mats (I was going to buy the Ford SuperDuty specific ones, unless someone can convince me otherwise).
I need seat covers as well, preferably some kind of water proof/all weather ones. I am at the beach fishing several times a week, so I'm always getting sand and mud into the truck, and getting into the seat while still wet.
Nice rig. I too just purchased one last week.
X3 on the laser cut weather techs. I had them in my 08. Trying to sell them on craigslist so I can buy a new black set for the new rig. No advice on seat covers. If your bumper has back up assist Id be interested in it if you want to recoup some cash?

Old 08-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Pit Crew
Senior User
Your buddys chevy lost the mpg because its a chevy, little to much weight for a light duty truck. Lol tell him that..I`m sure you two have the chevy ford thing going already. Crawl under neith and compare the trucks.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:24 PM
F250FX4
New User
Originally Posted by Pit Crew
Your buddys chevy lost the mpg because its a chevy, little to much weight for a light duty truck. Lol tell him that..I`m sure you two have the chevy ford thing going already. Crawl under neith and compare the trucks.
Haha yes, I give him a hard time. I did own a 96 Silverado less than a year ago, and I've owned two rams, so I am not a fanboy of any brand. The f250 is by far the best truck I've owned, but all my other trucks were old so it's not really a fair comparison.

Nice rig. I too just purchased one last week.
X3 on the laser cut weather techs. I had them in my 08. Trying to sell them on craigslist so I can buy a new black set for the new rig. No advice on seat covers. If your bumper has back up assist Id be interested in it if you want to recoup some cash?
My bumper doesn't have back up assist.

I have the carhartt seat covers from Ford, I also have ranch hand bumpers on my 14. I have the legend front and rear bumpers. I'll post pics when I get off work this afternoon.

The carhartt covers are great and built just as well as the jackets. They are also waterproof and will protect the seat below.

I avg about 12.5 mpg mixed with my setup. Highway I'm closer to 13.5, I never really noticed a huge loss.
Do you have any pictures of how the seat covers look inside the truck?
I'm averaging around 13 mixed so far.

The other thing I need to get done is to rust proof everything underneath the truck. All the sand and salt spray at the beach is making me paranoid and I'm running through a quick rinse car wash after every trip there. I'm debating if it's worth taking it somewhere and have them spray it in or just paint it on myself.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:59 PM
AAubinoe
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That color is really great! Wheels look sick too, im amazed by the OEM wheels these days.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Kdr358
Postmaster
I promise I'll have pics up today, I've been getting sidetracked by my trailer project.

My truck dropped 1.5 inches in the front from the bumper and I have the snowplow prep package which among other things has the heaviest front springs. I have to double check but if you have the 5,600 fronts you will see the 1.5 inch drop.

For rust proofing I use Fluid film and it works great!

Old 08-06-2014, 12:47 PM
droldsmorland
Posting Guru
look into the krown rust proofing. just had mine done last night, its still dripping

Old 08-06-2014, 02:10 PM
F250FX4
New User
Would a levelling kit help to bring it back up after putting the bumpers on?

Old 08-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Kdr358
Postmaster
Originally Posted by F250FX4
Would a levelling kit help to bring it back up after putting the bumpers on?
Yes, I was looking into leveling kits myself for that same reason.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
I have a set of WeatherTechs for 2011/2012 with depressed area on the left side under E brake by kick panel. They are black for a CrewCab with center console and no 4x4 floor lever....part number 44305-1-2 (443051 & 4430521)...removed from my 2011 F350 with only 6,000 miles I traded on my 2015 Lariat....they were used for only a few months....still look new...if interested shoot me a PM.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Kdr358
Postmaster

Quick Reply: Just bought a F250. Need some ranch hand bumpers, floor mats and seat covers.