Sponsored by: DP Tuner

B.E.S.T. map revisit

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 07:54 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
B.E.S.T. map revisit

I see many volunteers on the B.E.S.T. map (Brotherhood of Engine Scan Tools), and I thank everybody for their support. The old link in my signature led to a page that could edit the map, and that worked (for the most part) for a long time. There were problems sometimes - because the interface is a bit twitchy, and people unfamiliar with the controls would inadvertently alter things they didn't want to. I have changed my link to a KML file, which will then open up in Google Maps.

The information is still there, but the editing power is gone. Many of you still have the original link, and that is fine. As this project grows, I think we'd all feel more comfortable with the wide availability of the KML link - so nobody can inadvertently or intentionally (it's a crazy world) undo the work many have us have put into the map. For those who want the shortcut to the new link, it's right under "B.E.S.T." below. Click away, my friends!

Your friend,
Rich

Old 06-13-2014, 08:57 AM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
One small problem with that Rich, my iPad does not support the format. I am not sure those with iPhones won't run into the same issue, and being out there on the road, that may be when they would want to access that information. Maybe Pika or someone more familiar with Apple can solve this issue with an appropriate app.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:34 AM
Pikachu
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HKusp
One small problem with that Rich, my iPad does not support the format. I am not sure those with iPhones won't run into the same issue, and being out there on the road, that may be when they would want to access that information. Maybe Pika or someone more familiar with Apple can solve this issue with an appropriate app.
PHP Code:
if( $problem === "Apple Only" && $solution === "Write New iOS App" ) {

$Pikachu "Useless.";
}

if( 
$problem === "Solvable with PHP" ) {

$Pikachu "Can probably do it."

Old 03-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Revisit revisit

With the recent surge of scan gauge/tool purchases, I'm starting to receive requests to be added to the BEST map (link in my signature). For those of you not on the map yet, and wanting to partake - getting a bunch in one surge would be easier. The info I'd need for the map:
  • Zip code
  • Scan tool and bundle (where applical)
  • Other services you'd be willing to provide in support of a brother - like a lift, a shop, etc....

PM or public - either works.

Microdevil45 - your PM box was full, I didn't ignore you.