I have an aFe CAI on my truck, but there are others that are just as great. You will hear a lot of opinions on them. Here's mine:
1. They look cool.
2. They can and will pack with snow in snowy environments.
3. There is no difference in performance on a stock truck.
4. You do not need to be tuned to run them (can be run on a stock truck).
5. You will hear a slight turbo whistle with them that sounds really good and leaves you wanting more.
6. The rest of the sound change is wishful thinking
7. There is no increase in power or mileage.
8. Did I mention they look cool?
Savage nailed it!
Ran an aFe on my D-Max, looked cool, turbo whistle.
I will say it was a "lifetime filter", super easy to clean & maintain. Used the same cleaner process for the atv's & dirt bikes, K&N cleaner & filter oil.