1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

55 600 farm truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Ranch Wife
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
55 600 farm truck

We picked up a 1955 farm truck in great condition for CHEAP. It had sat for several years but we filled the radiator, checked the oil and with fresh gas and a new battery it started and we drove it home. Everything except 1 rear blinker and the brakes work, but we can't find where to check or fill the brake fluid where should we look?

Old 07-06-2013, 01:47 PM
JWC 3
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Look in the floor board for a panel to remove , or under the floor . IF I remember correctly . My 53 has the master under the floor and 2 screws hold the panel/cover . It is a Pontiac , but that was common placement years ago .

Old 07-06-2013, 02:39 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,616 Likes on 1,456 Posts
On the drivers side there should be an oblong hole about 2" x 4" that should have a rubber covered lid type thing that fits into the hole.

We have to see pictures of this F600!!

Old 07-06-2013, 03:31 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am curious, if the brakes didn't work and you drove it, how was the trip home? All uphill?
Welcome to the forum! and yes we need pictures.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 765 Likes on 375 Posts
topmoo, she (assumption since the username is Ranch Wife) said the brakes work, she just wants to be sure to check it all out.

Welcome to FTE! In case no one has mentioned it, we love pictures
Pictures would be good too. Sounds like you have a winner of a truck.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:55 PM
JWC 3
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
I should have said WELCOME also . Sorry Welcome , hope you like it here .

Old 07-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Ranch Wife
New User
I have pictures but being new and doing all this on my iphone I'm not sure how to post pictures. Driving home was...an adventure. We rolled through the stop signs but don't we all on dirt roads? The first pump on the brakes there was nothing and they went to the floor, second you got just a little about half way down, third pump was rock solid and the pedal wouldn't budge.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:47 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Welcome!

First rule of starting is to ensure you can stop. After you add fluid, you'll likely need to bleed the lines and check the condition of the wheel cylinders and shoes.

DW

Old 07-06-2013, 09:58 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 610 Likes on 379 Posts
It sounds like the brakes need to be adjusted too. They didn't self-adjust back then. Highly recommended you buy a factory service manual, check eBay.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Welcome to FTE!

I don't think you can post pics from your phone. They have to be somewhere on the Internet first. I use Photobucket, but you can use any photo hosting site.

Here's one way to put pics in your post.

Go to Photobucket.com and sign up for a free account. Then create an album for your truck. Upload any pics you want to post on FTE to that album. Have this album open on your computer when you want to post pics on FTE.

While you're making a post on FTE, select the pic you want to post from your Photobucket album. When the large version of the pic is open, right mouse click on it and select "View Image Info". The image info will be highlighted and will look something like this:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...ghtsafter1.jpg

Copy that highlighted info (right click / copy).

When you have the spot in your post where you want the pic to be placed, select the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the post (looks like a mountain) and paste (right click / paste) the image info you copied in the highlighted box (just shows "http://" when it opens).

Your pic will be placed in the post.

Hope that helps.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Ranch Wife
New User
I'm doing this on my iPhone and its not working, email me at jta_carlson@hotmail.com and ill send them.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:49 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Could we see some pictures? Here is how.

But I got ta say becoming a supporter is the fastest and easiest way to post pics right from
your whatever pad/cell thing or home computer.
Few of us look in the users Gallery or album as you can see by your recent visitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal

Welcome to FTE, Best Damn Forum EVER!
------------------------
Here's How to Post Pictures:
1. Login to FTE.
2.Click User CP (In the Top Left Hand Corner)
3.(On the Left, There will be a list, The 5th Option Down, will say "Pictures & Albums) Click That.
4.Then, Click Add Album, Enter a title, and description, if ya want to.
5. Click Upload Pictures, Then click Browse, Locate the Files of your truck. (You can add 3 files at a time)
5. Click Upload.
6. Add a description to the individual pictures, then click save.
7. Add more files if ya want.
8. Click The Picture you want to post, it will give you two codes at the bottom, Right Click The Second one (It say's BB Code, Then Say's [IMG]http:blahblahblah...[/IMG])
Then, Once that is highlighted, Right Click, Then Copy, Then Paste it into your post.
You can add up to 30 Images in one FTE Post.
If, Ya need any help, Don't hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dan

You can also go to the "Garage" tab and start an album right here on FTE. After you post pictures to an album, we can look in your album, but you'll also be able to "insert a picture" by pasting in a link to the picture in your album.

It seems awkward, but whenever you "insert a picture" to one of these threads, the forum is looking for the picture somewhere on the web (which is always available) rather than from somewhere on your hard drive (which isn't always available).

Quote:
Originally Posted By Jolly Roger Joe

Welcome to FTE!

Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and sign up for a free account. Then create an album for your truck. Upload any pics you want to post on FTE to that album. Have this album open on your computer when you want to post pics on FTE.

While you're making a post on FTE, select the pic you want to post from your Photobucket album. When the large version of the pic is open, right mouse click on it and select "View Image Info". The image info will be highlighted and will look something like this:
The best photos and videos | Photobucket

Copy that highlighted info (right click / copy).

When you have the spot in your post where you want the pic to be placed, select the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the post (looks like a mountain) and paste (right click / paste) the image info you copied in the highlighted box (just shows "http://" when it opens).

Your pic will be placed in the post.

Hope that helps.

Here's a tutorial Bob put together: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/67...-pictures.html

Old 07-08-2013, 07:26 AM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to FTE and congrats on the truck. Look forward to seeing some pics.