1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1955 F600

Old 07-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Ranch Wife
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1955 F600

The husband and I picked up an old farm truck in excellent condition for "peanut shells" it had set for years but with fresh gas and a new battery it started and ran. Checked the oil, filled the radiator motor seems good.The only thing that doesn't work is 1 rear blinker and the brakes. My question is where do you check/fill the brake fluid?

Old 07-06-2013, 10:56 AM
White 97 xlt
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If it's not in the usual place on the firewall, look for an access panel in the drivers side floor board. The older models had the master cylinder mounted on the frame, my problem is I'm not sure when the change over was.. Good luck on your hunt.....

Welcome to FTE..

PS. You might do better with answers to your questions in this forum.... https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/

Old 07-06-2013, 12:34 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Here is a diagram of your brake system. This one does not show the brake booster, which should also be frame mounted behind the MC.

Attached Images  
Old 07-06-2013, 04:42 PM
tnguynaford
Senior User
There is an access cover in the floor on drivers side to get to the fill plug.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:40 PM
HT32BSX115
Logistics Pro
Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranch Wife
The husband and I picked up an old farm truck in excellent condition for "peanut shells" it had set for years but with fresh gas and a new battery it started and ran. Checked the oil, filled the radiator motor seems good.The only thing that doesn't work is 1 rear blinker and the brakes. My question is where do you check/fill the brake fluid?
Howdy,

Welcome Aboard!

Your master cyl is under the driver-side right in front of the seat.

You should see a small diameter rubber "plug" there, pry it up and you should see the master cyl

Understand that simply filling the MC may not fix the brakes....Also, since you have a Hydrovac, the bleeding procedure is not like other brake systems.

The "HydroVac" might need to be replaced, and you have 4 wheel (2 per drum) cylinders in the back and 2 wheel cyls in the front.

Any or all of them may be leaking and/or frozen.

Good thing is, you can buy them at NAPA and other autoparts places.

Let's see pictures!

Regards,

Rick

Old 07-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Ranch Wife
New User
1955 F600

I have pics and would love to post, I'm doing all this on the iPhone so please tell me how to get them up!

Old 07-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Ranch Wife
New User
It appears I'm not allowed to post pictures so if anyone wants to see email me at jta_carlson@hotmail.com

Old 07-07-2013, 12:42 PM
HT32BSX115
Logistics Pro
Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranch Wife
It appears I'm not allowed to post pictures so if anyone wants to see email me at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I really suggest you edit your email address out. !!

Email addresses in open forums always automatically invite spam and hackers...

The best way to post pictures in any forum is to first upload them to a (free) photo hosting
site like Photobucket.

Photobucket.com

"There's an app for that!" (for your Droid or Iphone too)

Then you can simply post the link. You can also use it for any other forums you use and even post your pictures in emails without actually uploading the actual picture.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:41 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Could we see some pictures? Here is how.

But I got ta say becoming a supporter is the fastest and easiest way to post pics right from
your whatever pad/cell thing or home computer.
Few of us look in the users Gallery or album as you can see by your recent visitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal

Welcome to FTE, Best Damn Forum EVER!
------------------------
Here's How to Post Pictures:
1. Login to FTE.
2.Click User CP (In the Top Left Hand Corner)
3.(On the Left, There will be a list, The 5th Option Down, will say "Pictures & Albums) Click That.
4.Then, Click Add Album, Enter a title, and description, if ya want to.
5. Click Upload Pictures, Then click Browse, Locate the Files of your truck. (You can add 3 files at a time)
5. Click Upload.
6. Add a description to the individual pictures, then click save.
7. Add more files if ya want.
8. Click The Picture you want to post, it will give you two codes at the bottom, Right Click The Second one (It say's BB Code, Then Say's [IMG]http:blahblahblah...[/IMG])
Then, Once that is highlighted, Right Click, Then Copy, Then Paste it into your post.
You can add up to 30 Images in one FTE Post.
If, Ya need any help, Don't hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dan

You can also go to the "Garage" tab and start an album right here on FTE. After you post pictures to an album, we can look in your album, but you'll also be able to "insert a picture" by pasting in a link to the picture in your album.

It seems awkward, but whenever you "insert a picture" to one of these threads, the forum is looking for the picture somewhere on the web (which is always available) rather than from somewhere on your hard drive (which isn't always available).

Quote:
Originally Posted By Jolly Roger Joe

Welcome to FTE!

Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and sign up for a free account. Then create an album for your truck. Upload any pics you want to post on FTE to that album. Have this album open on your computer when you want to post pics on FTE.

While you're making a post on FTE, select the pic you want to post from your Photobucket album. When the large version of the pic is open, right mouse click on it and select "View Image Info". The image info will be highlighted and will look something like this:
The best photos and videos | Photobucket

Copy that highlighted info (right click / copy).

When you have the spot in your post where you want the pic to be placed, select the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the post (looks like a mountain) and paste (right click / paste) the image info you copied in the highlighted box (just shows "http://" when it opens).

Your pic will be placed in the post.

Hope that helps.

Here's a tutorial Bob put together: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/67...-pictures.html