Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Power Mirrors??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 09:01 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
if you already have power windows then don't bother with trying to keep it all oem.just grab the power mirrors,the switch on the door with power mirror option and run your own wires.you can find a hot line to tap at the power window switch.don't over complicate it or you'll be forever and or just give up.yeah fishing wires through the door's and up under the dash is time consumer,but it's not horrendous.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:41 AM
kowboy1
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
if you already have power windows then don't bother with trying to keep it all oem.just grab the power mirrors,the switch on the door with power mirror option and run your own wires.you can find a hot line to tap at the power window switch.don't over complicate it or you'll be forever and or just give up.yeah fishing wires through the door's and up under the dash is time consumer,but it's not horrendous.
I didn't think that power windows were ever offered in the 95s without power mirrors, learn something new almost every day, thanks.

Randy

Old 04-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Evan_P
Cargo Master
Received 106 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad
The drivers door harness does NOT have a plug separating it from the truck harness. The power window/mirror harness is ONE PIECE from the drivers door to the passenger side of the cab. there is a plug in piece for the passenger door.

That harness for the cab is separate from the dashboard harness, BUT you need to remove the dash to get it out. It is JUST below the windshield
It was my understanding that there is a connector for the driver side door harness in the driver side kick panel. I know my truck has one, I used it to guide my new speaker wire into the door from the cab...

Old 04-29-2013, 12:47 AM
Lightning LA
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad
The drivers door harness does NOT have a plug separating it from the truck harness. The power window/mirror harness is ONE PIECE from the drivers door to the passenger side of the cab. there is a plug in piece for the passenger door.

That harness for the cab is separate from the dashboard harness, BUT you need to remove the dash to get it out. It is JUST below the windshield
So let me see if I'm understanding what your saying..There is a Plug already there because I have Power Windows,and it's under the Dash.And the Passenger side already has the Wire run to the Door with the Plug on it.So all I need to do is get the Plug Wire out from uder the Dash,and then run it up to the Drivers Door to Plug the Mirror into it.And the Passenger side Plug is there ready to go.If this is not it Let me know exactly where the Plug is,and what I need to do to get it to the Doors..

Old 04-29-2013, 04:25 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Evan_P
It was my understanding that there is a connector for the driver side door harness in the driver side kick panel. I know my truck has one, I used it to guide my new speaker wire into the door from the cab...

All the truck I have stripped, had no plug for the window harness at the drivers door, it was all one piece.

Originally Posted by Lightning LA
So let me see if I'm understanding what your saying..There is a Plug already there because I have Power Windows,and it's under the Dash.And the Passenger side already has the Wire run to the Door with the Plug on it.So all I need to do is get the Plug Wire out from uder the Dash,and then run it up to the Drivers Door to Plug the Mirror into it.And the Passenger side Plug is there ready to go.If this is not it Let me know exactly where the Plug is,and what I need to do to get it to the Doors..

NO, there are 2 different harnesses.

1 for power windows

and 1 for power windows AND power mirrors

Old 04-29-2013, 09:12 AM
Evan_P
Cargo Master
Received 106 Likes on 86 Posts
I'm gonna say you have a lot more experience at this than I do Brad. I think I will trace that plug in the kick panel and figure out what it goes to...

Old 04-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Lightning LA
Cross-Country
So I need to get another Harness to get Power Mirrors to Work? Where I just have Power Windows now,the Factory Harness I have is wrong.Also,What Plug are you saying is under the Dash?? Is it a Plug ready to go for the Passenger side? I'm Sorry if I'm asking Dumb questions,and not understanding.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Lightning LA
So I need to get another Harness to get Power Mirrors to Work? Where I just have Power Windows now,the Factory the Harness I have is wrong.Also,What Plug are you saying is under the Dash?? Is it a Plug ready to go for the Passenger side? I'm Sorry if I'm asking Dumb questions,and not understanding.
YES, you need the power window harness WITH the power mirror option. NOT ALL POWER WINDOW HARNESSES HAVE THE POWER MIRROR HARNESS BUILT IN

Old 04-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Lightning LA
Cross-Country
Gotcha... Thanks everyone....