Notices
6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Diesel Fuel Supplements

Old 03-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Mandolin Wind
New User
Mandolin Wind is starting off with a positive reputation.
Diesel Fuel Supplements

The first 2 people I talked to when I got my first diesel last summer told me to use a fuel supplement, mostly for keeping injectors clean.
I've been using Power Service Diesel Fuel Supplement. It's a special "arctic blend" for us cold climate Canadians. A couple of glugs in the tank at every fill up. Anyone heard good, bad or pointless about this form of self-servicing?

Old 03-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Mystic_Cobra
Elder User
Mystic_Cobra is starting off with a positive reputation.
There are a bunch of threads on here about the topic. Many different opinions. I stick with the Ford Motorcraft additives. I started using it recently after learning about it here.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Mandolin Wind
New User
Thanks Jimmy. I figured the topic was in here somewhere but I am new don't have the time to go through the 272 pages of threads that exist just for the 6.4Ls! I've been up to about page 15 and found a few on this topic. Looks like most guys are using them and no one has suggested they are a waste of money. So that's good.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:10 AM
golfmedik
Post Fiend
golfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputation
I use Power Services Diesel Kleen or the Motorcraft additive, whichever I have at the time. I use the PS grey bottle mostly, but the white bottle I use when it's going to be chilly where I am going.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:43 AM
slowmans
Postmaster
slowmans has a good reputation on FTE.slowmans has a good reputation on FTE.
I have been running Stanadyne performance for the past year, seems to work good. I ran Powerservice for years before with no issues, just wanted to try something else. i just recently picked up some Opti-lube and am gonna try that too, I have heard alot of good things about it.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Mandolin Wind
New User
"I ran Powerservice for years before with no issues, ... "

That's good to hear because it's the only brand I've found at either Canadian Tire or "Canadian" WalMart.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:40 PM
aquaman
Posting Guru
aquaman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.aquaman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I've been using the grey bottle DIesel Kleen in various concentrations above and below the recommended dosage. I don't notice any mpg improvement, and there doesn't seem to be any correlation to reduced regens. However, the engine does sound a little quieter.

FWIW, I use Shell or Chevron fuel, so i guess good fuel doesn't really need additional additives

Old 03-09-2013, 03:04 PM
dman255
Information Junkie
dman255 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I use diesel plus it's a product through conklin and i love it. It uses a little 3 oz bottle to do 40 gallons vs the bigger ones that diesel kleen uses. For the winter i just run what they recommend which is double so 6 oz for 40 gallon.