Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Good quality Return line kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 10:36 PM
Eallend7
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good quality Return line kit

Like the title says, replacing injectors soon, anyone had good experiences with any specific return line kit?
Also have a question, i know its best to have the IP rebuilt and new injectors installed at the same time. But would it harm anything to have one fresh and new and not the other until you could afford the other?
I would assume it wouldn't hurt anything to have a freshly rebuilt IP pumping good fuel to bad injectors, but i can see how having an old IP pumpin the wrong amount of fuel perhaps with crud in it to brand new injectors would be bad.

Any input?
THANKS !

Old 02-23-2013, 10:57 PM
kla94
Logistics Pro
Received 130 Likes on 59 Posts
I have the kit from typefour. Very satisfied with it. Only had one leak after install. It was from an old clamp that I used. Replaced the clamp and no problems. It also came with the viton o-rings. You can get a good set of rebuilt injectors and ip real reasonable from nmb2.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:18 PM
akamacgyver
Clueless spectator!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I would assume it wouldn't hurt anything to have a freshly rebuilt IP pumping good fuel to bad injectors, but i can see how having an old IP pumpin the wrong amount of fuel perhaps with crud in it to brand new injectors would be bad.
Eallend,

I don't think that there is a better or worse scenario for old pump new injectors or vice versa. First of all, the wrong amount of fuel is manageable, but crud in ANY injector is bad, secondly, the problem with the miss match, is timing. My advise would be run her like she is until you can save for both, and do them together.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:31 AM
RacinNdrummin
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
BWD kit from Oreilly's is the best kit I have come across so far... Its spendy, but I wont run any other kit as long as the quality remains the same... No leaks, not one issue, and this is a guy who's last 3 set have been Dipaco kits.

If you wanna save $20, go with a dipaco, and solve your leaks as they come up, or spend $50 and get the best kit out there IMO... Thats just my 2 cents...

Old 02-24-2013, 12:52 AM
akamacgyver
Clueless spectator!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...thing-new.html

I'm just sayin! I need believers! We could call it the "Mac Daddy kit" The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results! 5k so far and tight as a drum!

Old 02-24-2013, 08:18 AM
whiteboyslo
Posting Guru
FWIW, I used typefour's Dipaco kit and had no issues. Check the caps for molding flash, use lots of Vaseline, and try the Zycam bottle trick. I did all these and had zero issues.

Mike

Old 02-24-2013, 08:35 AM
Eallend7
Elder User
I'm gonna try out the o'reilly's kit.
Don't mean to not support a fellow member. On somethings though i just like to go with a mass distributed product.
Guess i gotta drop an ol 7 spot on the old girl after all. dang haha.
oh well. get to lookin i suppose

Old 02-24-2013, 08:43 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
leak free for years now

here's my experiences too;

Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
i like the kits made by Delphi.the early and the late kits both found on amazon.can also pickup a bunch of vition #111 there at same time.
Delphi did great.they use Goodyear SAE 30R7.the stuff i ran from/to my tanks to replace all the old rusty metal line before i put my truck on the road.that's real fuel hose,not that stuff that leaks in a week or a month latter.
Fuel Line/PCV/Emission Control Hose SAE 30R7 | Goodyear® Engineered Products
according to my records (found in my virtual garage-click on the truck under my username and scroll waaaaaaaaay down) installed @ 68k miles.kit went issue/leak free until recently i installed another one with a set of fresh Stanadyne G codes @ 95k miles.
(at which i forgot to include i used the same kit again in my records there w/ injectors.oops.)
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
Delphi 7135-276 Fuel Injector Installation Kit : Amazon.com : Automotive

OR

Delphi 7135-264 Fuel Injector Installation Kit : Amazon.com : Automotive

AND

Viton O-Ring, 75A Durometer, Round, Brown: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

under dash size "all" - click drop down menu,select 111.add to cart.
use in place of standard buna-n that come in the kit.

lube 0-rings before sliding on injectors.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:32 AM
esob
New User
Recently had to redo mine again after getting barely 6 months out of a dipaco kit I got from accurate diesel on ebay. I was going to get the kit from amazon recommended by F250 above but was in a hurry and didn't want to wait for shipping.

I ended up getting the caps from the dealer @ ~$5 each, a pack of the #111 Vitons from a local Grainger for ~ $11, and 6 ft of SAE 30R 1/4" Gates hose from napa for around $9. Then I picked up two bags of 3/8" hose clamps from Home Depot for $12 w/ my military discount (20 clamps).

Luckily all those places were within a few miles of one another. Anyway, it was night and day putting the ford caps on vs the dipaco caps. When they went on you got a very satisfying click instead of being left to wonder if the caps were actually seated like I found w/ the dipacos.

I bought a couple extra factory caps as well and will be taking pics soon to show the difference, but right off the bat I can tell you the diameter of the wall thickness on the hose barbs is a lot thicker on the Ford caps. Of course only time will tell if the Ford caps outperform the dipaco caps, but when I bought it 7 of the 8 caps on it still had the grey navistar paint on them @200k miles.