1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OT....Internet stuff

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Wayne Waldrep
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OT....Internet stuff

Well the good news is.........You guys are STUCK with me. This week I did some thinking, praying, reading and talking with others about the current state of all these internet forums and such. All of the folks I talked to are like me..computer/internet junkies so not just recently seeing all this just talking about it. Lots of people are a much different person behind a keyboard than they are in person. Don't get me wrong. There are lots of helpful forums out there for every topic you can think of and there are lots of useless ones. I am also fine with a person referencing a forums info without ever posting. Actively participating is different situation. Its no secret that I'm not a fan nor do I take it very well when I'm attacked on a forum.

Just my observation but in lots of forums that aren't friendly like FTE is, a newbie is almost required to get a beat down to be on the place....lol. I know on any forum there will be differences of opinion and an occasional spat but in my opinion if you spread yourself thin on a million forums you obviously increase your chances.

I've been on The Corral since day one and will stay on that one and I will stay on this one. I figure I can handle 2! Lets face it, every time I've sold an old Ford it wasn't that long till another one was heading my way (can I get an AMEN). I have no plans to sell my truck but with my current joblessness and living arrangements I can't rule anything out completely. And I really like this particular truck...lol.

Just some thoughts I wanted to get out of my head....whew... Glad to be here with you all. When I have a place to live again I hope to get internet service so I can read and participate more.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:33 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Hi Wayne, I agree about FTE, there isnt one person on this forum that Id want to go away. Everybody here that Ive come across, is friendly and has something to add. Many have taught me how to do things that I had never done b4 I found this site, and never would have been abel to do without alot of inspiration, shooling , and . encouragement. Ive still got a lot to do on my truck, and will need much more help as time goes by. Im glad your here and hope you also have a great day.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:41 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
Couldn't agree more Wayne. This place is different from most. I spend a lot of time on the Corral and the HAMB. I like those forums, but it's not like here. Accidentally make an incorrect statement on one of those forums and prepare to be publicly embarrassed.

Obviously the crowd is more mature on average, but a lot of us on this forum have actually met, whether at a show or each others homes. That helps alot I think. Some of my best friends in the world hang out here.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good post Wayne. Glad you're here and glad you're staying. FTE is the only forum I currently participate in. I was cautious about it when I joined up and wouldn't have been back for day two if I would have been attacked or was seeing others being attacked. It's a strange world we live in today where so many rely on non face to face communication. It makes attacking others too easy. I look at YouTube alot and there's so much of the "you suck" mentality in what people comment about others posts. I really value any time of forum, whether internet or in person that people can "agree to disagree" from time to time without having to bash each other or get mad. I've met several people from this forum and every one has been as friendly in person as they are behind the keyboard. So I guess I say thanks to all who are here and are respectful of others. I guess we are all breathing the same type of exhaust fumes!