1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Prayers.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 09:39 AM
DZL JIM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 183 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by ProjectDually
...I plan to get the list of the names of the families as they are released, and collect donations for flowers, or pay for it all myself. But I plan to have flowers delivered to them, to show all our support, and for those, or some of us, prayers and kindness.
If you do anything financially, make sure you give them to the families directly yourself.

After the shooting here, there was a charitable group set-up to collect and handle all the donations that were sent in to help cover all the students medical bills, funerals etc. We're talking a HUGE amount of funds.
Every penny is still tied up in red tape that the group isn't allowed to realese for some stupid reason. TONS of donations tied up sitting that the families aren't seeing and probably never will.

'17 6.7 F-250 KR ccsb 4x4
Old 12-17-2012, 11:56 AM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DZL JIM
If you do anything financially, make sure you give them to the families directly yourself.

After the shooting here, there was a charitable group set-up to collect and handle all the donations that were sent in to help cover all the students medical bills, funerals etc. We're talking a HUGE amount of funds.
Every penny is still tied up in red tape that the group isn't allowed to realese for some stupid reason. TONS of donations tied up sitting that the families aren't seeing and probably never will.
I agree, even if all you can do is a handwritten card to show your support, and mail them to families, I'm sure it would mean a lot more to them than just donating to a group, not saying not to donate, But the group will disperse the money anyway eventually after the red tape, but money won't take their pain away, financial hardships, possibly, yes, but not the physical.

But your words can help make it more bearable, something to fight through it, or come to terms, and maybe eventually, find peace. Someone real and tangible who took their time, without ever knowing them, to tell them they care, and are truly heartfelt and saddened by their loss you are.

Rage, sadness, pain, we all suffer for these parents, families, friends, the children who might have PTSD, from watching terrible acts of wanton violence occur in front of their eyes.

What about the man who killed 20 children in a school in bejing the same day, but Nobody has hardly even seen this piece of news, it's been blacked out by the corporate media, because halfway around the world, the same things that are happening there, are happening here.

Lunch break is over. Back to the grind.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:15 PM
OldWoodsDiesel
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hogtrapper
...we need to ask God to come back in and guide this country.
Could not have said it better myself. My personal belief is that a lack of faith in God has allowed evil to gain a foothold in this country and world such that things as terrible as Friday are even possible.

Originally Posted by Hogtrapper
Some may not like it or agree with me but...
And the fact that good, God-fearing people feel compelled to preface remarks about asking for God's help for our country shows how far down that path we've gone. i can't help but think that even a metally handicapped person with some concept of God, morality and the worth of human life would not have been able to be such an instrument of evil.

Like someone else here said, I am praying for the survivors, the parents, the siblings left behind and for others out there in similar mental states as the shooter. The innocent children are in heaven already. They have no need for my feable prayers. Its the survivors that will have to deal with feelings of grief, fear, hatred, etc. that are in desperate need of prayer. I can't even imagine. My kids are not school age yet, but I literally cannot imagine my thoughts and actions on a day like those parents went through.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:20 PM
gneigum
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thoughts & prayers to the families & friends who have lost loved ones.
I have 6 grandsons, 1 who is 7, age range of those that lost their lives. I can't even imagine the grief & sorrow of those who have to try & cope with this horror.
The antics of the Westboro 'church' group does nothing to portray the love of God, even Jesus himself said he did not come to condemn the world, yet this group seems to be doing just that. Sometimes all we can do is just pray, and for those who are close to the situation to offer support & sometimes that is just a shoulder.
Right now it seems that everyone is searching for answers. The only answer I could offer is condolences to all involved & praying for God's comfort during this trying time