Sponsored by: DP Tuner

OT sort of-metting the Tugly crew

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Christof13T
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
OT sort of-metting the Tugly crew

So... this was the expression incited by putting Stinky's skinny pedal to the floor.
The go fast gauge shot up like it was built by NASA.
The shifts were baby butt smooth.
The 38r is barely audible unless the passengers window is down.
Like i told Rich...

I thought i had pms until he let my behind the wheel. Now my wallet is just done for.
F1 race truck that rides like a Cadillac. (Those were my wife's words)

The ais intake, brand new 38r, shiny new degas bottle, and the new fuel filter with the expanded metal cage definitely bring out the drool.

And dont worry about those hand movements while i was crawling under Stinky, Rich. I was just lubricating the undercarriage lol...

Had an outstanding time with Rich and his better half in Levenworth, Wa yesterday.
Some awesome Bavarian eats and wonderful live oom paa paa in the background.
Rich, thank you so much for the awesome suggestions for sightseeing and photo ops. Treating us to lunch and actually letting my crazy a$$ behind the wheel of your baby.
Michelle said that i probably had your pucker factor pegged in a couple of those hairpin turns... but damn... Stinky handles so incredibly well.

Also... we did manage to pick up some fresh Wenatchee appes! Holy Cow! Best apples either one of us had EVER tasted. And i dunno if it came up while i was mind locked in the driver's seat... but before Michelle became a tattoo artist... she graduated from the Texas Culinary Academy-Cordon Bleu program and is a professional chef. Those apples blew her mind.

We also did get a chance to stop at the knife shop by Steven's Pass and picked up some new shiny throwers...

Just as we got to the other side of the pass... we got to see snow falling!
It was just ... no words man... i had to let the giddy subside before i could even collect my thoughts enough to post about the experience.

Next time you are in texas... you have to come visit so we can return the favor.
Shooting, fishing, hunting, mudd bogging, or lounging at the farm... you guys are absolutely family. Thank you again. Im so glad we were able to meet!

Old 10-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
My wife and I were commenting on what a great time we had with you guys, we were just regretting that it had to be such a short visit. We normally dread going to Leavenworth because of the crowds, but parking was not such a disaster on this visit, the food really hit the spot, and the company was fantastic. My wife and I are both fascinated by the white tatoos.

It's a shame you couldn't see the place lit up during the holiday season, but you saw the tree warmers and you get the idea. I was also hoping to show you how the motif here changes from alpine to stark desert just by crossing a bridge, but we can send pix later. I was also hoping to expose the two of you to watercore apples - Fujis are the best. Fresh apples with watercore are pretty much syrup bags, but they don't always survive transportation and storage... so they don't reach the market in the condition they are here.

I know that knife shop you're talking about. He makes custom knives and carries a wide spectrum of qualities. I bought a Damascus Steel folding knife with a burlwood-clad handle there - it's a pretty one.

I don't know if you caught the vid of you yet... your reaction didn't surprise me. That was pretty much my first reaction... as well my wife's. I imagine Michelle's reaction was not so much OMG as "Aawww crap... he's gunna want Motorbug to do this." I think all the stuff out of the overhead falling into the back seat was a nice touch - I found my remote back there. Michelle is going to dedicate her life to sending me doggie-doo bags (filled) in the mail for letting you take Stinky off the leash. That's going to end up being one expensive test drive. Motorbug won't mind, though.

Enjoy the rest of your trip, and we look forward to the next time we're within driving range of you guys... wherever it is.