6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2021, 04:11 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,477 Likes on 2,305 Posts
I'd say you got your money's worth Jim!

Old 03-14-2021, 04:20 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,970 Likes on 2,817 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
I'd say you got your money's worth Jim!
Yep! It's been a workhorse. During any snowstorm, I usually do at least two driveways and three or four sidewalks. The elderly widow across the street is the second driveway. She had drifts to about 20" today.

I'm hoping that it's just a hose that broke. I've never worked on a hydrostatic drive before. I have the shop service manual to consult, so I won't be flying blind.

Old 03-14-2021, 04:25 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Good luck Jim! You got this

Old 03-14-2021, 07:01 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,196 Likes on 1,291 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Howdy Guys!

Oregon Jim, What happened to your leg? I must have missed it.
Had a whole bunch of things going on in the right leg associated with an old injury. That got better, but then came back with a vengeance. Now they say that with some high levels of stress we are working through, it has triggered a case of Shingles. . Never had shingles before so I just have to take their word for it. Right thigh feels like it had a tetanus shot....either that or I played right tackle for the first half of the Super Bowl with no pads....maybe both?
Then, just to add insult to injury, a couple of nights ago when we were heading out to the farm to spend the night and take care of my 94 year old mother, my leg just 'disappeared' on the top step to our front porch and I ended up at ground level, horizontal, with my right leg and hip taken the brunt of the fall. Nothing broken except my pride.

The Warden has me wrapped in bubble wrap for now.

Old 03-14-2021, 08:17 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,616 Likes on 740 Posts
Jim that makes me cringe to just think of taking that kind of fall.
My wife and I went in for Flu shots last fall. She also got the Shingles shot. Medicare would not pay for mine, So it was $175 for the shot, Pharmacist said insurance only pays for people under 65 to get that shot. So I passed on it, Hope I don't get shingles

Doug quality time with the bride is important Don't shirk on it

Old 03-14-2021, 08:37 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Round three of snow clearance. Heavy stuff. Bleh! At least 20" so far and the weather guy says that the low is just sitting there, so more on the way, along with winds. Not a good time to have the snowblower down.

Old 03-14-2021, 09:11 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,196 Likes on 1,291 Posts
Interesting about your Medicare. My wife's Medicare paid for all of hers. We had no out of pocket...could be the Part G picked it up. I didn't pay that much attention. I have talked to a couple of fellows that said their Medicare picked up $350, but left them with $150 out of pocket. They are both older than my wife and I are. The price of the Shingles Vaccine caught me by surprise when I hear people talk about the cost.

Funny thing is that I have never really thought about shingles. When we were visiting my wife's cousin on their ranch outside of Inkom Id., this last summer and fall, she had been battling a case of shingles for a few months. When we got home, my wife talked to her doctor and got the shingles shot. I had my annual physical at the VA and it got changed to a 'virtual' appointment. We got to discussing a bunch of other stuff and I totally spaced asking about the shingles vaccine. Then I just never got around to calling and asking about it when I would think of it.
So, I've been spending a lot of time in sweat pants. It is all confined to the right thigh and leg. Blue jeans feel like alcohol soaked sand paper on a raw road rash, with no rash or sign of anything there. I have now had a couple of rashes break out on the right leg, but where they are seems to be the least painful..
Another funny annotation is that a good friend of ours is a very opinionated anti-vaccer. When she saw what I've been going through since Feb. 25, she 'ran' to her doctor a week ago and got the shingles vaccine. Apparently it is two doses now. She has to go in for a second dose in 2 months. Must be something new. My wife only needed one shot when she got hers in November.

Old 03-14-2021, 09:15 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Got my first shingles shot a couple weeks ago. My arm hurt pretty bad and I had a headache for a day. I'm trying to slot the Covid vaccine between the first and second shingles shots.

Old 03-14-2021, 10:33 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,735 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Well, I got shingles shot #1 somewhere 10+ years ago......a one shot deal. A couple years ago my Doc say they have a new and improved version, two shots, so OK, I went and got them. I have witnessed a couple people with shingles so no thanks, I want no part of that! I don’t remember if I had to pay for the old shot or not, but I did have to pay some out of pocket for the later two shot deal. I didn’t have much of a reaction from any of them.

@HRTKD Jim, good luck fixing the blower. I have had a couple of those small hydro units apart (lawn tractor type) and they were pretty much self contained. I.E. no hoses to leak. Hope you get it figured out.

Old 03-14-2021, 10:45 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Originally Posted by Desert Don
@HRTKD Jim, good luck fixing the blower. I have had a couple of those small hydro units apart (lawn tractor type) and they were pretty much self contained. I.E. no hoses to leak. Hope you get it figured out.
I suspect that getting this fixed at a shop in a timely manner isn't going to happen. With this storm, there may be a lot of units in for repair. I've been spoiled for a long time with the reliability

Old 03-14-2021, 11:00 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
How many of you had some pie on Pi day?

My wife made some pie between snow clearing adventures and it was good pie.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:46 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Good morning guys! Happy Monday!

Jim, sorry to hear the snowblower is still down. I suspect that will be a little bit to get fixed in a shop. Good luck with snow removal. 20" is a lot of snow!

We have some snow coming in tonight.

Old 03-15-2021, 07:56 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,112 Likes on 1,636 Posts
Originally Posted by Jigger2020
That is a nice funny ....... and such a cute puppy..... I love my doggies.

Old 03-15-2021, 07:58 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,112 Likes on 1,636 Posts
Originally Posted by Jigger2020
You're welcome Jim, more people need to 'think like a dog'
I agree...... I am going to work on that !!

Old 03-15-2021, 08:28 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,735 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Happy Monday, crew. All is well in sunny (breezy) AZ! It will probably only gust up to 45 or 50 today! But that is still better than 2 or 3 feet of snow!
No snow blowers in my shed to break down! Rebuild on the primary clutch for the RZR went good. Works like a new one again. There were a couple guys that actually paid attention when I assembled it! The rest, not so much.
On to the next project, install electric, remote control gate opener. It is waiting for me in town right now. It is a 24V battery operated, complete with solar charger. I just need to get two 12V batteries and hook them up in series to operate it.
Andre, your RZR looks great. Enjoy.
All have a fine day.

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most