Sponsored by:

Excursion No Cruise Control!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 10:44 AM
Shane Martin
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aaron_Jones
Hello Icentropy, Here is a current CC thread that is still on going here---->>>> 01 X No Cruise Control.

The pressure switch is mounted on the brake reservoir or Brake Master Cylinder. It signals when the brake pedal is pushed.
ok bringing it back. I've being searching the internet for days and everyone says to try the test to check what's wrong. The deal with mine, is when I turn the key on my cruise light never lights up. What's causing that? At a lost here

Old 12-11-2017, 08:47 AM
pennsylvaniabo
Tuned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by icentropy
Thanks Aaron, well i read that thread checked power to the pressure switch and had none. I bypassed the recall harness and had power. so plugged it straight in and re-ran the test and had the same two flash result. I tested the pressure switch and didn't see any difference between when my wife depressed the pedal or not so I think i may have two problems. a bad recall wireing harness and a bad pressure switch. would a bad pressure switch throw a 2 flash result on that test? Does anyone have the PN for the recall wireing harness and the pressure switch available?

the ebay ad says this isn't compatible with my truck but it sure looks the same. Is this the pressure switch and recall harness? My recall harness looks completely different with two external looking fuse holders, but i'm thinking maybe I got one of the older styles of recall fixes?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142016816143
can anyone confirm that the motorcraft sw-6350 does work on a v10 ex? ebay ad says it doesnt, but it keeps coming up in searches.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:08 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Originally Posted by pennsylvaniabo
can anyone confirm that the motorcraft sw-6350 does work on a v10 ex? ebay ad says it doesnt, but it keeps coming up in searches.
That's the exact part I installed in my '00 Excursion five years ago, and it fit just fine. Just pulled my Amazon.com order history to be sure.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:49 AM
pennsylvaniabo
Tuned
Thank you!!

Old 04-21-2018, 08:10 PM
aquatictherapy
New User
05 Excursion Eddie Bauer

Thanks for the great info. I have replaced to deactivation switch on the master cylinder. Cruise still not working. Did the test mode. It enterstest mode but never flashes after pressing on or any other button. Does that mean I need a new switch on the steering wheel?

Old 08-02-2018, 08:58 AM
pennsylvaniabo
Tuned
So I ran the diagnostic test....it passed, but doesnt not work....suggestions?

Old 08-02-2018, 01:04 PM
96firephoenix
Laughing Gas
Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
make sure the CC cable is connected to the throttle?

Old 08-02-2018, 03:06 PM
pennsylvaniabo
Tuned
Originally Posted by 96firephoenix
make sure the CC cable is connected to the throttle?

it does not engage when driving, just a light flash

Old 08-02-2018, 03:21 PM
96firephoenix
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by pennsylvaniabo
it does not engage when driving, just a light flash
Do you have an ABS warning light?

Old 10-18-2018, 07:13 AM
fatherdano
Senior User
2002 Ex cruise control no longer works after a mechanic replaced the shifter tube on the steering column ??

don't know if that's the cause or not but at this point I need it fixed.

im getting the run around from 2 different mechanics and no one can properly diagnose the issue.

I had the steering wheel switch replaced and that didn't fix it.
supposedly the brake switch is also not the problem.

is there a checklist or parts list I can refer to im getting tired of paying people to tell me they need more diagnose time to correct the cc.

Thanks

Old 10-18-2018, 07:53 AM
96firephoenix
Laughing Gas
Old 06-09-2019, 07:06 PM
Shepard
Elder User
Originally Posted by Aaron_Jones
So when I went and got a new pressure switch I got the recall harness with it for less than $20 at the auto part store.
Back from the dead on this thread.... Does anyone know the part number for the fused recall harness noted above? My pressure switch has failed so I am changing it. I believe the fuses in the recall harness are still good so was going to reuse it even though it looks pretty bad. However, I was told by a couple of people that the new switches do not have the fire safety problem that caused the original recall and that I can use the harness included in the SW-6350 kit rather than the old fused harness. I would replace the recall harness if I could find it for sale, but I can not. Is it still available? Also even though there is a sticker on the recall harness saying there are no changeable fuses, at first glance it looks like maybe they are changeable?

Old 10-12-2019, 11:04 AM
LittleRadio
Tuned
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Piggybacking on this thread. Cruise stopped working half-way to Indianapolis. I heard a crackling noise when I turned it on, light dash stays on, but it wouldn't set. Stopped crackling when I turned it off. Crackled again beneath the dash mid-section when I tried again. Going to run diag and check brake reservoir. Anybody have this symptom?

Old 10-12-2019, 03:54 PM
LittleRadio
Tuned
Ok, ran the diag test and I get one flash from cruise icon after pressing "on." Then I get no other flashes for any of the other buttons depressed in sequence as instructed.

It's unclear what this means from the diag instructions. Can anyone explain?

Old 10-13-2019, 05:43 AM
LittleRadio
Tuned
The mystery deepens. My wife confirmed an electrical buzzing noise and faint crackling from behind the center lower dash area as we drove and I tried to activate the speed control. Sound seems closer to glovebox than middle.

I used the Just Ask web service to ask a Ford master mechanic and he said there's nothing related to speed control in that area. He thinks my steering wheel buttons need to be replaced.

I think it's possible that the electrical sounds originate closer to the driver but bounce around and emerge near the center/lower glovebox.

Gotta drive another 7 hours and would really appreciate getting this fixed! Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Excursion No Cruise Control!