Sponsored by:

01 X No cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 03:31 PM
moe67moe
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 X No cruise control

Can anybody give me any pointers on fixing my cruise control Have looked around under hood but have no idea what it looks like. I've got the air working again,put Warn hubs on and have ordered the Hellwig rear sway bar,adjusted steering box i/2 turn Thanks Ken

Old 06-05-2016, 03:34 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Has the Cruise Control recall been performed?

Old 06-05-2016, 06:30 PM
moe67moe
Junior User
Have only had for a week;don't know if any recalls were done on it Ken

Old 06-05-2016, 06:37 PM
jhcorley
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is the cruise control test, starts on post #3.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/917090-cruise-control-dead.html#post8315477

Old 06-05-2016, 08:13 PM
moe67moe
Junior User
Checked and recall work was done:extra fused (2 amp) wire on master cylinder switch Switch on MC shows continuity Will try the diagnostic test posted tomorrow Thanks guys Ken

Old 06-05-2016, 08:29 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Go to your nearest dealer and get the OASIS.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Aaron_Jones
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac
Go to your nearest dealer and get the OASIS.
What is that?

Old 06-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Aaron_Jones
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by moe67moe
Checked and recall work was done:extra fused (2 amp) wire on master cylinder switch Switch on MC shows continuity Will try the diagnostic test posted tomorrow Thanks guys Ken
Did you check to see if you had power at the pressure switch connector?

Old 06-06-2016, 05:52 AM
moe67moe
Junior User
Will check for power at switch today This switch is on bottom of master cylinder if taken out will I lose fluid and will MC need bled? Sorry for so many questions Checked have power out to MC switch. Tried diagnostic test a few times and get no lites What is Oasis?

Old 06-06-2016, 09:56 AM
Aaron_Jones
Mountain Pass
Yes you are correct if you take the pressure switch out it will leak out brake fluid.

Just disconnect the connector at the pressure switch with the truck running and check if there is 12v on one of the two pins. Without power coming to the pressure switch we can try and find out why.

I had a cruise control problem and I replaced the cruise control module and the pressure switch. It turned out that I had a wire cut under the hood that comes from the pressure switch. Once I repaired the broken wire it was fine. Not saying you will have this problem but in my searching I have found this is one of the first diagnostic things to look for.

Here is one of the many threads that talks a bit about the cruise control problems people were experiencing: Cruise Control Not Working

Searching treads using mobile is not as good as searching on the desk top version.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:57 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Aaron_Jones
What is that?
I have forgotten what each letter stands for, the report will tell you any open recalls, warranty repairs, and the original equipment from the factory among other things.

Online Automotive Service Information System

Last edited by mecdac; 06-06-2016 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 06-06-2016, 02:51 PM
moe67moe
Junior User
Have a good 13 volt at MC switch with truck running and with key off I metered back thru fused recall repair wire so it and switch appear to work ok. what is clock sping and how do I check it? TIA Ken

Old 06-06-2016, 03:21 PM
Aaron_Jones
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by moe67moe
Have a good 13 volt at MC switch with truck running and with key off I metered back thru fused recall repair wire so it and switch appear to work ok. what is clock sping and how do I check it? TIA Ken
Awesome you have voltage which is a good thing. Have you changed your pressure switch yet? That is the most common thing when it comes to the CC and it is inexpensive. If the computer does not see it working properly it will not allow the CC to work.

CC = Cruise Control

Have you performed the diagnostic test on the cruise control yet? There is a thread here that explains how to put your truck into check mode for the CC... Let me see if I can find it.

Originally Posted by reallymattgray
If memory serves me right, the switch on the Master Cylinder is called the "Deactivator Switch", and when it fails, it fails to the 'open' position for safety reasons.

Here is a diagnostic test you can perform on some models:

Enter the Self-Test Diagnostics by depressing the speed control OFF switch while turning the ignition key ON, making sure the engine does not start and is not running. The speed control indicator on the instrument panel will flash once to indicate that speed control module entered the diagnostic mode. FIVE ADDITIONAL FLASHES AT THIS POINT INDICATE A DEFECTIVE SPEED CONTROL SERVO. Release the OFF switch.
Press the remaining switches in this sequence: ON, RESUME, COAST and SET/ACCEL.

If the "ON" switch is not depressed within five seconds after entering the diagnostic mode, the module times out and the procedure must be started over.

The speed control indicator lamp will flash as each switch is depressed. Press each switch in the sequence immediately after the indicator light goes out for the previous switch.
NOTE: There will be a slight delay when the last button is pressed and the lamp flashes.

A lamp flash with the last button (SET/ACCEL) indicates that the STATIC test passed. If the lamp does not flash with the last button and there are no additional flashes of the lamp, the switch is defective.
If the lamp does not flash with the last button, and additional flashes occur, follow the chart below for trouble codes:

Flashes Source
2 Flashes BPP defective, circuit is defective, brake applied, CPP switch or jumper (if equipped) is defective
3 Flashes Deactivator switch is open or circuit defective
4 Flashes Vehicle speed signal is out of range or circuit is defective

I'm just posting this for reference:
If it turns out to be the Servo Module you can grab one off a Taurus for a lot cheaper. Here is the link: Heres How TO Replace Your Super Duty Cruise Control Servo For Cheap

Old 06-06-2016, 05:33 PM
moe67moe
Junior User
Aaron,the switch checks out good with ohm meter as does the short harness replacement for the recall As soon as its dark enough I'm going to check to se if any of the steering wheel mounted controls lite up

Old 06-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Aaron_Jones
Mountain Pass
How about the Self-Test Diagnostics, did you perform that yet. It is pretty simple to put your truck in self test mode and see what it is telling you about your CC.

Quick Reply: 01 X No cruise control