Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is the CENTRAL JUNCTION BOX?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 07:39 AM
1 Excursion camper
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Are you sure you're not talking about the GEM? It's behind the panel by your right knee. He panel that has little cubby hole is in, Then it is behind that near the firewall.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:00 AM
BOB THE IDEA GUY
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Central Junction Box

Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Where did you hear that term? I've never heard that term applied to our vehicle, much less any vehicle.

Stewart
If you go to Google and put in a request for Ford schematic the CJB is in them for the speed control on a 2007 Escape.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:20 PM
Country_Mouse
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would add to Excursion Camper that it could have to do with the GEM. Been doing some reading lately trying to figure out why turning on the wipers enabled Ex to enter programming mode for key fobs. I've seen a lot of references to the GEM and radio or power windows not functioning.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:47 PM
dudester
New User
The gem on a 2000 is bolted to the back or upper side of the underdash fuse box. Not sure if it was moved in a 01 but it was in later years and are obsolete.If its there and the truck is acting up , make sure the windowshield isnt leaking down into the gem or the fuse box. I just replaced my fuse box due to corrosion from a windshield, i didnt realise was leaking until we had 6 " of rain one night. My gem was ok however.
It was causing my blower to run with the keys out of the ignition.

Old 11-05-2019, 05:45 PM
Michael Rea
New User

CENTRAL JUNCTION BOX is what the fuse box is called on the 2003 Expedition as the Gem and fuse box appear to be integrated.

The following users liked this post:
Old 11-11-2019, 06:25 PM
Hugh Kennedy
New User
Originally Posted by 7.3Excursion4x4
If you are asking about what causes the windows and radio to not work in some junction box, I found out it was the instrument cluster. There is some kind of relay or something in there that controls the windows, overhead reading lights, stereo, mirror controls, etc. Only way to fix it, at least what I've found is by replacing the instrument cluster and having Ford program it for your specific vehicle.
When mine acts up, I usually take both hands and hit the top of the instrument panel area and it comes back on and everything works like it should.
There are places that will replace the relay in the Instrument cluster. Google search.SUPER DUTY INSTRUMENT CLUSTER REPAIR It happened to my 2004 F250 6 liter. Radio and power windows issues. It was the relay in the Cluster that was gone.

Old 01-26-2023, 06:28 PM
Tacokingvt
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by robert_l_ross
Missing my point (and Stewarts)...it's a fuse box...nowhere in the documentation available to a typical owner nor the Ford parts site call it a CJB.

Newbies reading this thread are going to start looking for these parts and not find them because someone is choosing to use a little known nomenclature to describe something commonly known to everyone from the engineer who designs these things to the (often) mindless parts people at dealers and shops, and will just perpetuate the confusion.

It's a fuse panel. Plain and simple. I'd argue that walking around calling it a junction box will cause much more confusion when someone tries to find that part on a web site or at (one of the many) clueless dealers and shops.
well actually every single piece of literature I have read, with the EXCEPTION, of the owners manual call it a CENTRAL JUNCTION BOX
every parts site, definitely the dealership call it that as well.
NEWBIES here have moved past a simple owners manual and often times are doing aftermarket DIY mods
YOU sound quite pretentious and misinformed unfortunately

The following users liked this post:
Old 06-02-2023, 11:47 AM
Dustyrodes
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
I'll ask again, where did you hear that term?

Stewart
Central junction box is what the Ford wiring diagram book calls it. The book is manufactured produced and sold by ford!

Old 11-26-2023, 10:19 PM
Badam93
1st Gear
Originally Posted by robert_l_ross
Missing my point (and Stewarts)...it's a fuse box...nowhere in the documentation available to a typical owner nor the Ford parts site call it a CJB.

Newbies reading this thread are going to start looking for these parts and not find them because someone is choosing to use a little known nomenclature to describe something commonly known to everyone from the engineer who designs these things to the (often) mindless parts people at dealers and shops, and will just perpetuate the confusion.

It's a fuse panel. Plain and simple. I'd argue that walking around calling it a junction box will cause much more confusion when someone tries to find that part on a web site or at (one of the many) clueless dealers and shops.
I have found a full wiring diagram file for my '02 F250 Super duty which also uses the CJB term and gives the part number. Also made a confusion for me.