2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leveling 04 - will ride be rough?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by skunkoffroad
I appreciate you are eager to help people and that is great but most of your advice is a guess and that is not helpful.
It's not a guess if he speaks from experience.

You are the one who seems to think you know everything you seem to have an opinion on every thread.
Aint nothing wrong with having an opinion on everything, but coskid hardly comes across as a "know-it-all."

Ease up a little Skunk, you guys can disagree in a polite manner, k?

I'm just saying don't listen to people who say it will not change at all because you might notice a difference.
Posting style and online decorum is subjective. But when things are a matter of semantics and a person just needs to qualify their opinion, let's not take them to task, eh?

Stewart

Old 02-21-2012, 02:37 PM
skunkoffroad
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
It's not a guess if he speaks from experience.

Aint nothing wrong with having an opinion on everything, but coskid hardly comes across as a "know-it-all."

Ease up a little Skunk, you guys can disagree in a polite manner, k?

Posting style and online decorum is subjective. But when things are a matter of semantics and a person just needs to qualify their opinion, let's not take them to task, eh?

Stewart
okay I get what you're saying but...
How is it a matter of semantics? because it will change it's just a matter of whether not you will notice the change. Therefore I don't like it when people say (there will be no change) because a guy could buy the leveling kit and his ride gets a little bumpy then he is disappointed. How will that have been helpful?

Old 02-21-2012, 02:59 PM
skunkoffroad
Tuned
It's not a guess if he speaks from experience.Stewart
Look at this thread and tell me https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1141065-trans-fault-code.html How is that not a shot in the dark guess? It's like the guy posting the question knows more about it then the person who tried to answer it. It makes no sense at all!

Old 02-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fixed link for you:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ault-code.html

Yes it was a shot in the dark but at least I tried to help a member of the forum with something rather then leave the person to have nothing to work from. No I don't know everything nor do I act like I do. Many people around here would support that but I try to help and that is better then not doing anything sometimes. Find a better example next time.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:12 PM
skunkoffroad
Tuned
Originally Posted by Coskid
Fixed link for you:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ault-code.html

Yes it was a shot in the dark but at least I tried to help a member of the forum with something rather then leave the person to have nothing to work from. No I don't know everything nor do I act like I do. Many people around here would support that but I try to help and that is better then not doing anything sometimes. Find a better example next time.
ha Good one thanks for the help at least we all know I won't be arguing IT issues with you.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
okay I get what you're saying but...
How is it a matter of semantics?
Because Cos was generalizing. We all do it. One could argue it would help the OP if Cos were to qualify his posted opinion, but really, when it comes to the relationship between the form of language and its use to express ideas, sometimes it's not needed.

You know, Cos actually DID qualify his post. He stated "Mine" meaning his truck. He didn't assert that ALL trucks would be the same or even that the OP wouldn't feel a difference.

Maybe a better use of your post (this is strictly an opinion) would be to take Cos' post and extrapolate further by acknowledging his experience, but then add to it by stating something like, "Cos may not have felt a difference, but I did. It was minimal, but there was a difference."

It's just a polite way of posting because as we all know, this medium is rife with misunderstandings due to the lack of voice being heard (missing inflection) and not being able to see a persons body language or facial expression when a post is expressed.

because it will change it's just a matter of whether not you will notice the change.
Ok, I hear ya, and I'm all about precision when it comes to communicating, at least I try to be precise. But what we're really talking about is a matter of perception...it's a matter of perspective....and how people "feel" about their truck and "the ride" after a leveling has been added, and that "feeling" is completely subjective.

It doesn't matter if there is a change as you assert, what matters is a persons perception to that change, and that's what the OP asked. The OP asked, "if i level out the front end how much will it change the ride" Coskid responded with. "Mine feels the same as it did before" Quack Addict and danorules stated the exact same thing, just with different wording. Yet you take Cos to task because he said he felt no change?

Let's be truthful here, you're splitting hairs to be precise so you can take someone to task, the problem is, the OP asked for opinions, and that's what Cos posted....HIS OPINION.

I don't have a problem with splitting hairs and posting empirical data to back up your assertion, but you're oh so very wrong here for berating someone because he posted his opinion on how HIS truck felt after he did the leveling kit!

Therefore I don't like it when people say (there will be no change) because a guy could buy the leveling kit and his ride gets a little bumpy then he is disappointed. How will that have been helpful?
So you would prefer Cos, danorules, and Quack lie to the OP?

Other users responded they indeed felt a change in ride quality. I'm confident the OP can take all those opinions into account and come to an informed conclusion.

The OP asked for opinions on ride quality felt (smoothness, comfort, ect) after a leveling kit was added. He didn't ask for technical data on actual changes of force to the springs after a kit is added.

He wanted subjective opinion, not objective data.

Look at this thread and tell me https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ault-code.html How is that not a shot in the dark guess? It's like the guy posting the question knows more about it then the person who tried to answer it. It makes no sense at all!
When I said Cos speaks from experience, I was referring to this topic in this thread, where he stated:

Originally Posted by Coskid
Mine feels the same as it did before and better then a new Toyota Tundra!
If you want to dig up other posts not related to this topic to show where someone is taking a shot in the dark, please don't go looking for any of my posts because I am guilty as charged.

As Cos stated, a shot in the dark to try and help someone is better than crickets chirping and nobody posting.

All I'm saying bro is to take it easy, k? Lets not get snarky with each other over a matter of semantics, generalities, and opinions.

Stewart

Old 02-21-2012, 05:33 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Its my opinion that Stewart is the best mod ever. Its a matter of fact that he's here to help guide us. I know from experience that he'll back what's right and kindly point out what's wrong. Ill blindly say that he's probably just as pleasant in person.

I don't have a leveling kit so ill shut my mouth...but I did want to chime in and subscribe.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:20 PM
skunkoffroad
Tuned
Because Cos was generalizing. We all do it. One could argue it would help the OP if Cos were to qualify his posted opinion, but really, when it comes to the relationship between the form of language and its use to express ideas, sometimes it's not needed.

You know, Cos actually DID qualify his post. He stated "Mine" meaning his truck. He didn't assert that ALL trucks would be the same or even that the OP wouldn't feel a difference.

Maybe a better use of your post (this is strictly an opinion) would be to take Cos' post and extrapolate further by acknowledging his experience, but then add to it by stating something like, "Cos may not have felt a difference, but I did. It was minimal, but there was a difference."

It's just a polite way of posting because as we all know, this medium is rife with misunderstandings due to the lack of voice being heard (missing inflection) and not being able to see a persons body language or facial expression when a post is expressed.

Ok, I hear ya, and I'm all about precision when it comes to communicating, at least I try to be precise. But what we're really talking about is a matter of perception...it's a matter of perspective....and how people "feel" about their truck and "the ride" after a leveling has been added, and that "feeling" is completely subjective.

It doesn't matter if there is a change as you assert, what matters is a persons perception to that change, and that's what the OP asked. The OP asked, "if i level out the front end how much will it change the ride" Coskid responded with. "Mine feels the same as it did before" Quack Addict and danorules stated the exact same thing, just with different wording. Yet you take Cos to task because he said he felt no change?

Let's be truthful here, you're splitting hairs to be precise so you can take someone to task, the problem is, the OP asked for opinions, and that's what Cos posted....HIS OPINION.

I don't have a problem with splitting hairs and posting empirical data to back up your assertion, but you're oh so very wrong here for berating someone because he posted his opinion on how HIS truck felt after he did the leveling kit!

So you would prefer Cos, danorules, and Quack lie to the OP?

Other users responded they indeed felt a change in ride quality. I'm confident the OP can take all those opinions into account and come to an informed conclusion.

The OP asked for opinions on ride quality felt (smoothness, comfort, ect) after a leveling kit was added. He didn't ask for technical data on actual changes of force to the springs after a kit is added.

He wanted subjective opinion, not objective data.

When I said Cos speaks from experience, I was referring to this topic in this thread, where he stated:

If you want to dig up other posts not related to this topic to show where someone is taking a shot in the dark, please don't go looking for any of my posts because I am guilty as charged.

As Cos stated, a shot in the dark to try and help someone is better than crickets chirping and nobody posting.

All I'm saying bro is to take it easy, k? Lets not get snarky with each other over a matter of semantics, generalities, and opinions.

Stewart
Not that it matters but I was never talking about coskid I was talking about quack addicts comment. In my opinion coskid called me out and wanted to argue. But if you and co are such buds ill digress.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:22 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Not that it matters but I was never talking about coskid I was talking about quack addicts comment. In my opinion coskid called me out and wanted to argue. But if you and co are such buds ill digress.
Really? C'mon man...lighten up a touch. No need to get testie.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:26 PM
danorules
Postmaster
Did I miss the fight?

Old 02-21-2012, 07:29 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Hey Dano. How's that newly installed kit?

Old 02-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
Boy looks like I missed some fun while I was out tonight oh well looks like you guys cleared it all up.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:49 PM
skunkoffroad
Tuned
I digress installing a leveling kit will NOT change ride or handling in any way sorry for wasting every ones time by swimming against the current. I'm out.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:51 PM
danorules
Postmaster
Originally Posted by MCDavis
Hey Dano. How's that newly installed kit?
I love it. Oddly enough it seems to make the 5.5' bed look shorter

Old 02-21-2012, 08:00 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
I digress installing a leveling kit will NOT change ride or handling in any way sorry for wasting every ones time by swimming against the current. I'm out.
If youd get yourself a boat...you wouldn't need to swim.

Honestly though its not that you tried to pick a fight. I commend you for trying to put a foot down but without measurable scientific data then its all hearsay anyway.

Quick Reply: leveling 04 - will ride be rough?