N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

NorCal decal

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Little too big for the screen Jim.

Can you resize it or let the forum auto-resize please?

Stewart

Old 02-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Interesting, it is the same size as the others, and shows up on my screen. I'll reduce it 10% and see what happens.

Viola! How about now?

Jim

Old 02-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
The other ones are huge too.

The one before this last one got auto-resized by the forum, but now it's huge.

Stewart

Old 02-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Stewart_H
I think the second would be best anyway. The curvature of "Ford Truck Enthusiast" works really well, but I think having the web addy at the bottom (still straight, like it is) and putting "NorCal Chapter" in the middle would help emphasis the chapter affiliation better.

Right now, for me, because NorCal is at the bottom, the chapter designation isn't popping or "eye apparent"

Just another thought for eye-appealing positioning, can you rotate the outline of the state counter-clockwise, so the top line of the state where Oregon would be is horizontal?

Like this one....

...since it's the true orientation of the state.

Stewart
Actually, the northern border is slanted when you look at a map of the United States. I just found a new outline of California and downloaded it. I will use that one in my next revision and see how it works.

Jim

Old 02-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Okay, this one has been re-sized to 4 inches by 4 inches which I think would be perfect for a window decal, or bumper sticker. I plan on using it on my windows, but I am sure it would look good on bumpers as well. In any case, I have changed the state outline picture and doctored the edges so it looks continuous and not broken up by the white backgrounds of the truck pics.

I may have to move the NorCal part up a little as it does not look centered. However, doing that would block the bay area, and I would prefer to keep it in. Also, I notice on every design or photo on FTE lately has the bar to click to make it larger. I guess they do that to help the pages load quicker. Anyway, here is the latest revision.

Jim

Old 02-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Actually, the northern border is slanted when you look at a map of the United States. I just found a new outline of California and downloaded it. I will use that one in my next revision and see how it works.

Jim
Yeah, I know "technically" it is, but even for eye-appealing positioning, a lot of maps will orient it so the top border is level, like Google maps.

Plus, in real-time, it really depends on how you're oriented in space! I just think it looks better level, no?

Plus, if you look at most outlines of Oregon, the southern border is level most of the time.

Stewart

Old 02-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Tru dat. However, who looks at Oregon?

Jim

Old 02-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Tru dat. However, who looks at Oregon?

Jim
LOL! Yeah, I was just using that example to illustrate why I think it's more eye-appealing to rotate it until it's level.

Stewart

Old 02-19-2012, 12:20 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Last one for tonight.

NorCal has been centered, and you can still make out the bay area, so it is not too bad. The placement of the truck in SoCal looks a bit funky, but the NorCal truck looks good. I may move the SoCal truck to the left a little, but then it blocks the outline on the coast, and I don't want that. If possible, I may be able to put the coast back in, but it is a bit jagged, and I am not sure it will look right when I try to re-draw it.

Jim

Old 02-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Okay,

Since there have been no more comments on the final design I am going to assume everyone is happy with it.Today is Tuesday, I will wait 7 days to see if anyone else has a design to submit. If no other designs are submitted, then next Tuesday the 28th, I will ask Stevebricks to submit it to FTE for official approval.

Jim

Old 02-22-2012, 05:09 AM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
Sounds good Jim

Old 02-22-2012, 07:42 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I still would prefer to see something to emphasize the Northern part of the state, i.e. color, bold, or something... But maybe that wouldn't work well. Also, it would be cool if the Northern Cal truck was a 4x4 highboy with some healthy shoes on the ground. Kind of indicative of the off-pavement nature of Northern Cal, in contrast to the classic pavement cruisers style, typical of most of SoCal... Other than that I have no input. Looks pretty good Jim. Great job! I appreciate your efforts here.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:47 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
If you could find a drawing similar to the photo of the kind of highboy in this link, you get my drift.
Image Detail for - https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gallery/tmp/172/172078.520.390

Old 02-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Well, I could make the 53 smaller, and keep the 93 large, or I could add red,white, and blue to the Northern outline, and keep the SoCal outline black. Not sure how that would look but I can check it out. I have not seen any highboy drawings, however, I do have a side view drawing of someone's idea of Bigfoot. But it may look too cartoonish for the logo. My only attempt at drawing the state outline did not work too well, so I still cannot fill in the outline with any color, unless I make over lapping boxes and fill them in. With the jagged west coast though, not sure how that would work.

Jim

Old 02-22-2012, 08:44 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
2010 SEMA :Ford F-Series Trucks

EDIT :Oops, I just tried to post a really cool drawing of a Ford Truck rock crawling. Shoot, I wish I was more cornpooper savvy.

EDIT: How about this link. Can you use this one. If this link works I'll try to load some simpler ones too.
Image Detail for - http://www.carsmagz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Ford-F-Series-Trucks-from-Side-Angle-View-Picture.jpg

EDIT: Here's another cool image you might be able to squeeze in there.
Image Detail for - http://image.classictrucks.com/f/8163323+w750+st0/0603cl_07_z+1955_ford_f100+grille.jpg

EDIT: Or...
Image Detail for - http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2769/4277417689_275e16cd2e.jpg

Don't use this one...
Image Detail for - http://ford-scion.tk/images/4x4_Ford_Trucks_Mudding/4x4_Ford_Trucks_Mudding_7.jpg

Here's an idea to try and incorporate into your design, if you think you can use it... Or not.
Image Detail for - http://www.grease-monkey-apparel.com/catalog/Ford_Pickup_T-shirt.jpg

This would be a nice image, if it weren't for the background art.
Image Detail for - http://www.vintagemilitarytrucks.com/1962%20Ford%20F-100%204x4%20PU%20AD%204.jpg

Jim, these are just some images that I thought might be of help to you. The work you are doing looks good. There were about 5 additional links on here but something went goofy and I lost them. Keep up the good work.

Quick Reply: NorCal decal