On the fence

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 11:47 AM
special_k
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the fence

Good afternoon,
Ok, So I'm on the fence about getting rid of the bronco. I've always been a huge fan of Broncos. My Uncles has one of the nicest 79's that could ever exist.
But I'm thinking I may benefit from an actual pickup. And you all just don't know how that breaks my heart.
The main reasons for me considering trading out the Bronco...
-No family to use extra enclosed area
-No long trips to justify keeping clothes dry and stuff
-No trash pickup and hate putting trash inside my vehicle
-Not a fan of this particular computer based efi
Actually not that many reasons. Hmmmm.
Its just that I never noticed how much I use a pickup til I had one and got used to it and then sold it.
I don't know. I just think that I could use a pickup a lot more. Anyone wanna try to talk me out of it?

Old 01-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
Received 379 Likes on 285 Posts
Well you know how Murphys law is, the second you sell it you'll need it.

You could always mod your Bronco to be more like a truck. You could do a halfcab conversion. My Bronco has the entire interior rhino-lined. Then on top of that on the floor I have a 3/8" thick rubber mat that is molded and goes from the back all the way up to under the front seats. I also have a bikini top on my Bronco so I can remove the cover and have that awesome open air and space quality of a truck.

I too have thought about getting a truck, but I never want to give up my Bronco for it. Besides, Broncos are becoming rarer and rarer to see driving on the road in nice shape. Trucks are everywhere

Old 01-25-2012, 12:12 PM
AbandonedBronco
Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts
That's a tough one.
Here's a different question. Besides liking the Bronco, what DO you use it for?

I know, for me, I'd never trade mine out for a pickup because I don't need a pickup bed, never tow anything, go camping with it, and occasionally have up to five passengers.

But, if you're completely the opposite, maybe, as much as you love it, it doesn't serve a purpose for you? I know that doesn't help talking you into keeping it. =P

Old 01-25-2012, 12:25 PM
special_k
Senior User
Oh man. I know I don't wanna get rid of it because just thinking about it is killing me. I had an 86 when I was in high school and sold it because I busted a head gasket after rebuilding the bottom end and was done messing with it. I do kinda like the idea about taking the top off and using it as a pickup that way.
The thing is, I don't use it that much. I have a car for all the miles I put on driving for work. But I live in the swamp. I have gone camping recently and I enjoyed it more than a pick up I'm sure.
It was just a thought. I think I am leaning towards keeping it. Maybe I was just getting frustrated with it.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
I know I get frustrated with mine, especially the D@mn E4OD. But I do love driving mine around and it does everything I need it to do.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:01 PM
oneofakindfoster
New User
looken

do yall know where i can get a good body for a 4 door bronco need parts to fix rust

Old 01-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by oneofakindfoster
do yall know where i can get a good body for a 4 door bronco need parts to fix rust
You'll have to be more specific about which panels you need. The doors foward are from a crew cab F series and the rear is just standard Bronco parts.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:14 PM
oneofakindfoster
New User
tried a crew cab the back door and floor are different
the back doors are 3" longer on this bronco then a crew cab door
i need roof complete floor

Old 01-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by oneofakindfoster
tried a crew cab the back door and floor are different
the back doors are 3" longer on this bronco then a crew cab door
i need roof complete floor
Those were custom made conversions so you'll prolly have to have someone fab up some floors and extend a set of doors for you then.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:44 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Honestly if you really needed a pickup, why not buy one but keep the bronco? Or have your bronco set up for towing (if not already done) and buy a small enclosed trailer thingy to haul crap to the dump. Thats what i want to do eventually even though i have both pickup and bronco. My ranger of course is with my brother so i couldn't use it even if i wanted to but i still own it.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:57 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
You have a Bronco, but want a pickup? No problem, take the top off, take the rear seat out, and look! You have a pickup! Problem solved. If you want to go one better, go to the local junkyard, and get two F-150 badges, and swap them in place of the current Bronco badges. Then your pickup will be complete.

I am single, no family, and don't use the back of mine very much, however, I can't get rid of mine. I know in the future I will be getting an F-250 4x4 to haul around a 5th wheel travel trailer, and a 70 F100 with the I6 and 4 spd manual trans to use as a daily driver, and even then I seriously doubt I will get rid of the Bronco. of course, that is just me. Your situation may be different. However, I think that once you do sell it or trade it on a pickup you will regret it.

Jim