2021+ Bronco Discussion for the upcoming 2021 Ford Bronco!
View Poll Results: Bronco Success or Failure ?
Beats the Wrangler
21.05%
Great all around truck
47.37%
Mall crawler
15.79%
Flop
15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Bronco ( success or failure )

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 09:58 AM
hd4ever
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bronco ( success or failure )

I am very curious to find out what the ford fans are thinking. I have read many posts that have great hope in the new Bronco and will be successful . Than the other opinions is it will be just another soccer mom, or grocery getter, mall crawler ect.

What is the majority of Ford fans thinking?

I think it is an exciting time in the automotive world today. With the manufacturing company's battle for sales. Coming up with awesome new products. The consumers are really getting some cool options.

I think the Bronco is going to be a big success. Ford builds great trucks it doesn't seam like they are rushing it, because they are doing it right. Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:37 AM
fordguy2100
Cargo Master
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
I chose great all around truck because it's going to be hard to beat the wrangler in its first year. The solid fan base and multitudes of aftermarket parts are impossible to replicate in the first year. No way there will be 20+ manufactures offering bolt on accessories for cheap for the brand new bronco. Also the current bronco fan base is the nostalgia crowd. Every 16yr old girl isn't going to try to convince their dad to buy it for them. I think if it comes out a great all around vehicle it will have good sales and then in 5-7 yrs it would be possible to beat the wrangler.

Now in my personal opinion if it comes out awesome I will think it "beats" the wrangler because I'll buy one, but overall I doubt it can beat the wrangler.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:38 AM
PrescottIce
Elder User
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Everyone has an image in their mind's eye, but I would venture that few, if any, are accurate. We "know" very little about it.

But since we're guessing, I'll play: I'm going to run with something just tantalizingly short of a Wrangler. It will look great, ride nice, offer a cushy interior and have all the electronic wizardry, but unless there is a rock solid 4x4 drivetrain, possibly as a high-dollar option/package, it will not be a Moab crusher. I don't know if that puts it in "great all around truck" or "mall crawler", so I didn't vote.

I hope I'm wrong and they are in it to put Jeep out of the 4x4 business, but I believe that to be extremely unlikely.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:19 PM
SAMSLIMOVICH
Junior User
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
How can I... or anyone else vote on the Bronco?
I haven't seen it yet.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:31 PM
PrescottIce
Elder User
If you don't see the poll options at the top of this thread, it might be because you need a higher post count - but I'm not sure about that. Are you on a computer, or tablet/mobile?

Old 04-11-2019, 08:45 PM
hd4ever
Senior User
Originally Posted by SAMSLIMOVICH
How can I... or anyone else vote on the Bronco?
I haven't seen it yet.
It is all about your opinion. I'm sure you have one. I just wanted to know your thoughts is all. Thanks.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:49 PM
PrescottIce
Elder User
Doh.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:36 AM
Stampede.Offroad
Senior User
Probably a lot less capable than I would like it to be. The aesthetic style will probably be right, and with lots of mild-mannered compromises that combination will probably give them good sales.

Mall-Crawler

Old 04-12-2019, 09:26 AM
ovenrat
Cross-Country
give me the equivalent (Bronco Raptor) of the Ford F 150 Raptor and I'll be thrilled - great all around truck !

Old 04-12-2019, 11:51 AM
fast_dave
New User
My vote will be for "great all around truck" - if, at minimum, it has 2 Doors and a Manual Transmission...

If it has 2 Doors, Manual Transmission, and a real full length frame - my vote is for "Wrangler beater."

Patiently waiting, and saving $$$ every paycheck, to see what FORD does - and I'll choose how I ultimately vote with my wallet...

Old 04-12-2019, 12:30 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fast_dave
My vote will be for "great all around truck" - if, at minimum, it has 2 Doors and a Manual Transmission...

If it has 2 Doors, Manual Transmission, and a real full length frame - my vote is for "Wrangler beater."

Patiently waiting, and saving $$$ every paycheck, to see what FORD does - and I'll choose how I ultimately vote with my wallet...
I’m in school right now, just about done though and it is the last time for my apprenticeship so once back at work with the fat jman raise I will be saving up for a Bronco as well.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:36 PM
SAMSLIMOVICH
Junior User
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I must be missing something.
Perhaps I can't see it on my phone.

J

Old 04-12-2019, 11:00 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SAMSLIMOVICH
I must be missing something.
Perhaps I can't see it on my phone.

J
just a stab in the dark in how you feel the new Bronco will stack up is all the poll is asking for.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:35 PM
SDDL-UP
Laughing Gas
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
"Beats the Wrangler" - that's kind of funny!

It is possible the Bronco outsells the Wrangler, better cornering, braking, on road manners, but will it BE CLOSE...IN ANY WAY OFF-ROAD? It's not going to be a re-badged Everest so that is good, but it could still be a total flop. I'd be okay with an independent front suspension as long as Dana has a solid axle swap waiting in the wings! LOL!

I know Sync and all the techno gadgetry they could possibly throw at the Bronco isn't going to make one bit of difference for most buyers.

How many prospective Jeep buyers say "I was going to spend $48,000 on a Jeep, but it didn't have Sync."?

Old 04-14-2019, 07:09 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
The poll is very premature as we have exactly "zero" specs on the Bronco so I gave it great all around. But, I'm not so sure that it's going to be. If Ford brings it to market with just one engine like the Ranger, then it's a flop. If it has plastic bumper coverings, then it's a flop. If it can only tow 5000 pounds, then it's a flop.

If it enters the market similarly priced tot he Toyota 4runner and is as rugged and capable as the Toy, then it's my two thumbs up.

I personally couldn't care less about Jeep. IMHO, it's an over priced unreliable rattle trap that has done well to catch the fancy of many unsuspecting enthusiasts. I really hope Ford doesn't do that with the Bronco.

I'm really not so sure how the Bronco is going to fit into Ford's lineup without stealing sales away from another Ford. I'll wager that Ford will limit production.

Quick Reply: Bronco ( success or failure )