General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

BCS CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 07:32 AM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BCS CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

OK, it's Louisianna State Uninversity vs The University of Alabama. Many think a rematch is an unfair and unrealistic representation of the system. Many would like to see LSU play OSU. Personaly, I think OSU is no where near the caliber of LSU- a total mismatch. However, as you can tell from my avatar, I am, and have long been a fan of the Crimson Tide. My argument for Alabama being in the BCS game is simple: it's the system that chose them. Nobody really needs to formulate an argument for or against the Tide getting their shot. The system is designed to pick the best teams available. Sure, I'd love to see some sort of playoff system put into place, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon. However, this year the rules were already set:

TideSports.com - HURT: Don't expect Alabama to apologize

I think the game is going to be a better one than the 9-6 overtime game from earlier this season. Whether or not LSU can finish the job again is debatable. If I read the stats right from the last few years, the visiting team has won the game, so if you think the Superdome gIves LSU homefield advantage... well, you never know. I definitely think the bEst 2 teams in the country were picked for the game, and I certainly think the score will include more than field goals, though a defensive battle is usually an Exciting game.

ROLL, TIDE!!!!!

Old 12-06-2011, 07:56 AM
clux
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great avatar. I don't have a dog in this fight other than I love college football, but I reckon the Alabama boys will need some toilet paper and laundry detergent after they get the s**t knocked out of them a second time by LSU.

And a box of tissue to Boise State's Chris Peterson. Here's a tip for you, Chris, if you're not #1 or #2, nobody's going to remember what bowl game you got anyway, get over it and play football. I recall a UCLA team that crybabied all December about playing in the lowly Las Vegas Bowl only to go home very humble after getting whooped by my Wyoming Cowboys.

On Edit: I agree with your post. The sole purpose of the BCS is to put the two best college teams in a championship game, and it has accomplished that this year.