Computer Chips & Tuners  

Superchips Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 07:24 PM
cmalley12
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superchips Tuner

hey guys... anyone know anything about the superchips tuners for the 6.4 diesels?....im buying a 08 f350 off a guy and he is giving me a superchips tuner with it.... he said he only ran the tunes for a couple months because he found out it would void the warranty... so anyway im just trying to find out if the superchip tuner is any good???? or do they cause any problems.... i have a 6.0 with a sct sf3 and have loved it... any input is much appreciated..

thanks guys!

Old 12-04-2011, 10:32 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Go with the Spartan tuner. I think that's still what they really like to run for the 6.4.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Under the grandiose heading of "FWIW", my local Ford dealership diesel mechanic (he's for real) recommends Superchips and he runs it on his. The dealership parts department has the Superchips on display behind the counter and they sell a lot of them (I live in truck country).

Old 12-09-2011, 08:38 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tugly
Under the grandiose heading of "FWIW", my local Ford dealership diesel mechanic (he's for real) recommends Superchips and he runs it on his. The dealership parts department has the Superchips on display behind the counter and they sell a lot of them (I live in truck country).
Unfortunately, based on my experience, the mere fact that they are ford mechanics doesn't in of itself mean that what they say is gospel with what works.

I have seen, read, and heard recommendations from ford mechanics that I knew to be bad suggestions especially for the application that they were suggesting them for.

Just because they have something in the parts store doesn't mean that it is the best and/or safest thing to run, it just means in the end that's what they are able to sell more of.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:09 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by tex25025
Unfortunately, based on my experience, the mere fact that they are ford mechanics doesn't in of itself mean that what they say is gospel with what works.

I have seen, read, and heard recommendations from ford mechanics that I knew to be bad suggestions especially for the application that they were suggesting them for.

Just because they have something in the parts store doesn't mean that it is the best and/or safest thing to run, it just means in the end that's what they are able to sell more of.
I am all the way in your corner with everything you say above. Absolutely! I just did the FWIW because my area is the exception to the rule.

I live in an area that is big in ag, big on mountains, big on motorized recreation (boats, RVs, snowmobiles, motorcycles, etc...), and big on diesel. I am lucky to have two diesel gurus in my little burg and I have dealt with both of them. Matt works for the dealership and Joe has is own business. The local dealership sells Superchips because of Matt's input. When I was making my chip decision, I got his input and he went in depth as to why Superchips. My researched backed up what he said, but I didn't want a canned tune and I went DP Tuner. If I did go canned, Superchips would be at the top of my list of candidates to consider.

...and a couple of pennies roll across the floor.