Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Tonneau Cover Recommendations...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 07:22 AM
VH_Girl
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Thank you EVERYONE for all your information and suggestions! I learned about tonneau covers I didn't even know existed! I've decided to go with the Extang Trifecta, as I have a good friend in the auto/truck biz who is getting it for me and installing it for only $399. Pretty sweet deal I think. Wish I could get the Peragon, but it's just a bit out of my budget right now.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

Old 11-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VH_Girl
Thank you EVERYONE for all your information and suggestions! I learned about tonneau covers I didn't even know existed! I've decided to go with the Extang Trifecta, as I have a good friend in the auto/truck biz who is getting it for me and installing it for only $399. Pretty sweet deal I think. Wish I could get the Peragon, but it's just a bit out of my budget right now.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!
Glad to hear we made the "wish list"! Please keep us in mind for your next truck or if you come across someone looking for a hard cover I'd appreciate it if you sent them our way.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Peragon
Glad to hear we made the "wish list"! Please keep us in mind for your next truck or if you come across someone looking for a hard cover I'd appreciate it if you sent them our way.
I'm really glad someone posted the link to your cover, Heath. I'm seriously tempted to dip into my transmission fund account to buy one.

Does your set up have provisions to have D-rings installed along the track to allow for tying down loads?

Stewart

Old 11-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Shake-N-Bake
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
I'm really glad someone posted the link to your cover, Heath. I'm seriously tempted to dip into my transmission fund account to buy one.

Does your set up have provisions to have D-rings installed along the track to allow for tying down loads?

Stewart

I am so close to pulling the trigger myself. Not for my truck but for my wife's. She has a hard fiberglass lid now and it's kinda a pain because it causes more problems then it solves sometimes. The Peragon cover seems to be exactly what I need for her truck. I wish I would have known about this option sooner....

Old 11-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
I hear ya Greg. I was seriously considering a hard roll-up.

I've had an Access Limited roll-up cover (Access® Limited Edition | Premium Tonneau Cover | Access Cover) on my Lightning for years now. If you click on that link, then put your mouse over the number 3, you can see the tie down ring I'm talking about.

It's changed since I bought mine (mine is a D ring), but you can see how handy tie downs in the middle of the truck are, since Ford only put them in the corners of the bed.

Stewart

Old 11-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stewart_H

Stewart
Hi Stewart -

If we're in line to raid the transmission fund, we must have done something right!

We don't provide D-rings or other options to secure cargo to our rails. We've avoided it for safety and liability reasons.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:42 AM
microdevil45
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VH_Girl
Now THAT is one awesome-looking truck!! I am going to look into the Diamondback HD bed cover. Thank you !!!
I can second the diamond back cover. One of the guys I work with has one and I was very impressed with it. I will be ordering one just have a few more mods to go first.... this damn PMS...

Old 11-27-2011, 11:33 AM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I may need to look in to that Diamond plate cover myself since I'm thinking about getting a 4x4 ATV here shortly, but I have the Extang TriFold and love how easy it is to flip, fold, and remove if I need to, in just a few minutes. I had an UnderCover solid unit that I put rails on to hold my Thule rack system, but I'm liking the TriFold 1000 times better!

VH_Girl - please post up some pics once you get it installed!