Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

October BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 02:31 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I don't know...it's the actual window frame that would be leaking, not the glass itself. I don't know if a glass shop can repair that or not.

However, it started raining again yesterday and I went and checked the doors out while it was raining, but saw no leaking at all. Maybe it was because it was raining harder the day before and had tons of wind blowing the rain in sideways...maybe it pushed it past the seal? Because it was raining yesterday, but not like the day before. I don't know.

I'll probably still pull it apart this weekend and see if the window frames need tightening.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:07 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by R1_Demon
Well, I don't know...it's the actual window frame that would be leaking, not the glass itself. I don't know if a glass shop can repair that or not.

However, it started raining again yesterday and I went and checked the doors out while it was raining, but saw no leaking at all. Maybe it was because it was raining harder the day before and had tons of wind blowing the rain in sideways...maybe it pushed it past the seal? Because it was raining yesterday, but not like the day before. I don't know.

I'll probably still pull it apart this weekend and see if the window frames need tightening.
Hmm...you'd think that a window shop could do all that stuff.... window frames, window molding, glass, etc. Atleast I think they do all that stuff normally, don't they?
I wonder if the cold may have shrunk the molding at all? Maybe it expands if the trucks heater is on and nice & toasty inside? Just throwing some weird ideas out there. (maybe I'm over thinking it) LOL!

Old 10-06-2011, 03:56 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Donna - They might actually do the frames and all that, but I don't know. Never checked into it. It was fairly easy to do myself, but then again, maybe it was an issue. This stuff shouldn't shrink or expand, but maybe it did. I don't know.

It was basically a "rope seal" that goes around the window frame and as you tighten the nuts, it pulls the window frame tighter against the body of the truck door and squishes the rope seal into place and it fills any gaps between the plastic window frame and the metal truck body. I bought the same stuff that was on it originally. Maybe it moved a bit when putting the window frame back on; I don't know.

Like I said, it did a normal rain yesterday and today and it doesn't appear to be leaking, so who knows. LOL I have to wait for the rain to stop to work on it because my truck doesn't fit in my garage. LOL!!!

Old 10-06-2011, 03:59 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

When you explain it that way, it makes better sense. Hmm... Let me know how it turns out.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good Evening fellow FTE'ers! anyone ever hear from our friend Criag?

Old 10-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Not around here Bill.

I thought he was down there in your territory. (?)

Old 10-07-2011, 03:04 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Good afternoon everyone.

Hope your having a fun Friday! (atleast after work anyway)

Old 10-07-2011, 03:13 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by Bill W
Good Evening fellow FTE'ers! anyone ever hear from our friend Criag?

Wow...I haven't seen or heard from him in forever! Maybe he moved?
Even one of his friends that own a car lot in Carson hasn't seen/heard from him either. He's gotta be around somewhere. You just don't drop off the planet. Hope he's ok! Maybe I'll check back in at the car lot next week. I'll let you know.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:40 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
I hope he's okay as well.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Rough day, my buddy across the street has a cancerous tumor in his colon. He will be having surgery on Monday. Another neighbor has decided to let their house in Livermore go. Paid $1.2m, big payments and $13K in taxes... business is bad. So they are going to move into their vacation home next door to me and let the primary home go. I don't know how they have managed this long with a $6k payment. Another neighbor had a seizure, his lady had to call 911. She was going to follow to the hospital but found herself locked out with all their keys on the counter inside! I took a look at helping her get in but the house has all new windows and doors. No way in without uninstalling a window assembly but she declined that idea. Decided the cheapest way was to get a locksmith to come out and get her inside. That happened despite Friday afternoon traffic. And the lock smithy even gave her a fair price. She was able to bring her guy home later this evening. The seizure turned out to be an after effect of his being hit by a car. [drunk driver]
What a day!!!

Old 10-08-2011, 09:38 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Welcome to the weekend...hope you all have a great day. Get out there and make it happen.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:34 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Damn Bruce. Sorry to hear about all that happened today! Hopefully all goes better tomorrow.

The wife and I dressed up and went to Renn Faire (The Age of Chivalry) here in Vegas. Had a great time and took a bunch of photos.

Tomorrow we're going up to Mount Charleston to take the dog for a nice walk in the woods. It's going to be fun.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:29 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Good Sunday Morning all,

Hope your day is blessed!

Old 10-09-2011, 04:52 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by R1_Demon
The wife and I dressed up and went to Renn Faire (The Age of Chivalry) here in Vegas. Had a great time and took a bunch of photos.
Can you post those pics Mat? It always looks like fun and we've never made it down there.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:54 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by 67 Olfthfl

Hope your day is blessed!
If blessed means running all new cable for the TV's here at the house, then yeah, it was.

Quick Reply: October BS thread