Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

WARNING: RPm Outlet Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 02:47 PM
dfuzz78
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down WARNING: RPm Outlet Problems

So on the 15th of March I ordered a Motoblue Cold Air Filter kit from RPM Outlet for my 03 L. The kit doesn't show up till today (03/29/04). That is **** off number one, is that it took that long to arrive. Number two, I crack open the box to find a filter, MAF Adapter, and a round clamp. Ummm, where's the bracket to hold the thing up? So I call over there and speak to some clueless kid that tells me that the item has been discontinued and he doesn't know how I received it. So I asked him what they were going to do about it. He tells me to call back tomorrow. WHAT?!?!? I'm on the phone now, Fix it. I suggest that he send me out a bracket but they don't have them cause the discontinued it. So I told him that i wanted my money back and he again told me to call tomorrow. I'm getting really mad now. I can't believe that these guys work unsupervised and that no one can help me. So I hung up from that guy and called again. The next guy I spoke to was a little smarter than the other one. He offered to FIND me a bracket. I told him that if he didn't have one in stock to send blue label or something to forget it. He too told me to call back tomorrow. What the heck is tomorrow?!?!? I told them that this was the crappiest service I've EVER received from an online company. So just a heads up for everyone, stay away from RPM Outlet, it will save you a headache in the future. I will follow up tomorrow with the solution (I hope).

Old 08-30-2004, 04:15 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 08-07-2007, 09:10 AM
mrcobra350
Senior User
RPM outlet is a joke. I have a set of exhaust tips missing the clamps and tried for 4 months to return them and get no help from them. I finally gave up and called it a loss. I have reported them to better business and sent numerous emails.I advise everyone DO NOT use RPM Outlet for anything..

Old 08-07-2007, 09:51 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Old 08-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by mrcobra350
RPM outlet is a joke.
Exactly as cobra stated, they are a joke.

SVT Performance dropped them as a Supporting Vendor because RPM Outlet kept ripping the members off, such as charging people a restocking fee for orders that are canceled because the order can't be filled because the parts are on back order. Not just for weeks, but for months.

How can a restocking fee be charged for an item that was never in stock to begin with? But that's how RPM Outlet works.

They'll even lie to you and tell you they have it in stock, but a week or so later when you call because you haven't yet received your parts, they tell you it's been on back order for months.

Do a search in this forum and over at SVT Performance and NLOC. You'll find a few people posting a positive experience, but overall, you'll read an overwhelmingly negative response about peoples experience with that company.

Stewart

Old 08-11-2007, 06:59 PM
minutofgroundhog
Freshman User
What a lifesaver ! I was just about to order from them. So who then ? LFP ? thanks.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:48 PM
cutlass79500
Freshman User
I had a very bad expearience with them also ordered pulley programmer and other goodies online begginning of the year got my conformation email they said 3 to 5 days on the shipping paid with a credit card waited a week tried to call during normal business hrs. the recording of the hours said i had a few hours till they close no one answered. i was getting pretty steemed by then. but waited till the next week no luck i wrote several emails .no answer back got in touch with my credit card company they never charged me so i told them the situation they said if they did try to charge me they would handle it.
what a relief so i wrote several letters telling them they had better not ship the stuff . no reply in short rpm outlet stands for Really Poorly Motivated Outlet. I dont know how they stay in business i managed a parts store speed shop for about 20 years . customer service is most inportand . they have a great website they need to take some of that money spent on build ups and spend it on well trained workers that care

Old 08-12-2007, 11:49 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by minutofgroundhog
What a lifesaver ! I was just about to order from them. So who then ? LFP ? thanks.
LFP? What's that stand for?

Old 08-12-2007, 10:11 PM
minutofgroundhog
Freshman User
I'm sorry, Lightning Force Performance. I have never ordered from them, but they have a nice website.... http://www.lightningforceperformance...3931ec390f73c2

I am sure that others have, please chime in...

Old 08-14-2007, 09:31 PM
mohead1
Freshman User
Talking Autoanything Folks

Hey Fellers,

I agree with FTE Ken. I have used alot of the LFP and others, but had really great service from Autoanything site. I think they are in Ca. but even so, I had very quick parts delivery here to Tn. Matter of fact they were cheaper on air intakes and other misc. goodies than anybody. They even follow up the order and want a survey on their service. Would use them again with no problem.

Mo

Old 08-15-2007, 12:24 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by minutofgroundhog
I am sure that others have, please chime in...
I've spent thousands of dollars at LFP, with zero problems.

Whenever I place an order, I always call. Mark almost always gives a little better deal than the listed price on his website.

Stewart

Old 08-15-2007, 09:57 AM
ckirwan514
Senior User
I use two different venders LFP and chickenears.com both have exelent service aand prices. have never had a problem with either. Mark at LFP and Tim aaaaat CE are good to deal with

Old 08-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Charlie41
New User
Old 04-27-2011, 11:36 AM
jamrock
Junior User
RPM

It sucks that I didnt see the reviews on rpm last year when I bought their weapon x for my 99 f150. One failed on the third april. Called rpm, they say to ship it back. Shipped on the fourth, yesterday, paid for the shipping, but only insured it at $100, I could'nt get through yesterday, so today I'm through. Asked for an update, they say they have'nt received it yet, so contact shipper, and also give rpm the tracking number, which I did. Canada post, and numbers. So I called back after checking with Canada post, they say it's been delivered. I call back, this time I'm through to "Daniel", who proceeds to tell me they don't have it, they're located 10 miles from the post office, and they go once a week. Ok, are you sure it was delivered 16 days ago, by that reckoning, you should have it, he repeats the BS about their location, and then tells me I'm arguing with him, and that won't help the matter. It must be sometyhing in their builkding as the guy I spoke to before "Daniel" was just as clueless, needless to say, I wont be a future customer, if the C.O.P's start crapping out I'll just replace them, with a better product, He proceeds to inform me that I'm arguing. He's more concerned about whether I'm arguing, than getting the c o p replaced.It's been two weeks & two days, I then realize that maybe this guy can't calculate, as he somehow unable to make the connection. I ask for his name, he tries to change the subject, I steer him right back and ask again for his name, which he begrudgingly coughed up, maybe it's the wrong name, he say's to call back tomorrow & of course I will, as I'l be asking for him to explain to me why. Even if I'm wrong to think that they aren't an awesome company, I'm still right, the addage says the customer is always right. I'll update tomorrow, after hearing the new excuses.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Mythic
Freshman User
Thanks for the heads up, I've bought from them before, but would rather not take the chance again..