1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The strangest experience ordering from Tasca Parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 09:30 PM
ARW
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The strangest experience ordering from Tasca Parts

I normally wouldn't do something like this this as mistakes happen (I sure as heck make a lot them) and am pretty forgiving, but this has been something else. I don't know if they are under some new management or what is going on but I'm sorry to say that I will never order from Tasca Parts again.

-I placed an order with them over a month ago for three parts. All parts indicated they were in stock and not obsolete, sold out, etc.

-Several days later after placing the order I got an email from a rep saying one of the parts (we'll call it part "A") was obsolete so she credited me the amount for that part. Okay, great, I know I can still get the part on Ebay so I'll do that instead later- not a problem.

-A few days later a package shows up but it's not what I ordered, it was a belt. What's weird is the packaging slip has all of my info indicating I actually ordered it but it doesn't in fact list any of the actual parts I did order. I wrote the person who first contacted me about the obsolete part that night explaining the situation- (thinking this was to a direct person and I'd have better luck then just sending it to a generic email parts account) but of course did not receive any response the next day. Due to my busy work schedule and the time zone differences, it was not until a day or so later that I had a chance to call.

-When I did call, the guy I spoke with said he'd send me an email with a UPS tracking label and to then drop the box off at a local UPS store. Kind of inconvenient, but, mistakes happen. More importantly, I inquired about my order and asked when it would arrive. He then stated that "it's been there for a while" -- his words -- all ready to ship but didn't seem surprised like it was normal routine by the way he said it. I said I still haven't received a refund for the obsolete part either. He then said, they found the obsolete part after all. I remember this conversation and it was like I had to squeak out information. He said he would tell the shipping dept to ship it out that day and that I would be receiving notification of the shipment. I thought it was weird the order had "been there a while" and that I had to call them to request to have it shipped. When would it have been shipped then??

-Another week goes by and still haven't received shipment or received any sort of confirmation of it being shipped. I call again, speak with someone else and guess what... the guy tells me the very same thing that my order is there all ready to be shipped! No kidding! He said he would notify the shipping dept to have it shipped that day. I requested a tracking number and he said he would have them send that as well. Guess what, few days go by and still no notification of shipment. Unbelievable. I emailed again and of course, zero response.

-More days go by and I finally receive a notification that my order has shipped; in fact I received two automated emails. This just gets even more bizarre and confused. One email lists all three parts under the same tracking number. The second automated email lists two different tracking numbers with two parts under one tracking number and the other under a different one- part "A" I assume. The second tracking number (probably part "A") lists the destination to a different state!

-I didn't know what or what I wouldn't receive so I waited until the package that I knew what coming to me arrived before contacting them again. I received the order of two parts and just as I assumed, good old obsolete- (well is it or isn't it at this point?) part "A" was not included. I tracked part "A" and it was safely delivered to Rhode Island and even signed for. I get home in the evenings and by this point they are closed because their located on the opposite coast. I emailed them explaining all of this hoping I would receive a reply in the morning with an explanation they've sorted this out, but, wishful thinking... to be expected at this point.

-I called them the next morning after seeing no reply and spoke with yet another person. They said they could not explain all of the confusion but said they were sorry. She said the second tracking number I received was for the package I sent back to them but to me seemed a little strange why it would be included with my actual (well, partial) order which was a completely different day. Whatever, must've been something to do with their automated shipping system. So, I asked if I'm ever going to receive part "A" and was told it was found and being shipped out with the rest of my order. I asked them about the emails I've sent too and so she put my on hold for a while so she would look into all of it. She then said they show part "A" as available and that she "thinks" she can still get it in if "I would like to try" otherwise they can issue me a refund for that part. Ridiculous. I said issue the refund and I want a guarantee that I will be receiving it and she said she would talk with her manager to do that after she got off the phone with me; the refund will show up in a few business days she said.

-Did I ever get any sort of confirmation the refund was in process? I think you can answer that question.... of course not.

- I let close to a week go by, check my account and sure enough no refund.

-I called today and waited on hold for close to 10 minutes until I finally talked to someone. I asked about the refund and the rep verified they had not in fact processed a refund for that part yet. Ridiculous. I told him I have basically no guarantee that I will get the credit from them and he says "I literally just did it." I checked my email and I did receive a confirmation right after the call this time stating a refund is in process, so it will *probably* go through now- I imagine.

This wasn't for some $3.94 part either. I know that Tasca is one of the larger parts suppliers for Ford and is why I ordered from them. They had everything "in stock" that I was looking for and it eliminated me from having to purchase everything from separate sellers on Ebay. Next time I will just be ordering from Ebay as you have the Buyer's Protection program and PayPal to help in situations like these.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:03 PM
spudthegreater
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ARW
I normally wouldn't do something like this this as mistakes happen (I sure as heck make a lot them) and am pretty forgiving, but this has been something else. I don't know if they are under some new management or what is going on but I'm sorry to say that I will never order from Tasca Parts again.

-I placed an order with them over a month ago for three parts. All parts indicated they were in stock and not obsolete, sold out, etc.

-Several days later after placing the order I got an email from a representative saying one of the parts (we'll call it part "A") was obsolete so she credited me the amount for that part. Ok, great, I know I can still get the part on Ebay so I'll do that instead later- not a problem.

-A few days later a package shows up but it's not what I ordered, it was a belt. What's weird is the packaging slip has all of my info indicating I actually ordered it but it doesn't in fact list any of the actual parts I did order. I wrote the person who first contacted me about the obsolete part that night explaining the situation- (thinking this was to a direct person I'd have better luck then just sending it to a generic email parts account) but of course did not receive any response the next day. Due to my busy work schedule and the time zone differences, it was not until a day or so later that I had a chance to call.

-When I did call, the guy I spoke with said he'd send me an email with a UPS tracking label and to then drop the box off at a local UPS store. Kind of inconvenient, but, mistakes happen. More importantly, I inquired about my order and asked when it would arrive. He then stated that "it's been there for a while" -- his words -- all ready to ship but didn't seem surprised like it was normal routine by the way he said it. I said I still haven't received a refund for the obsolete part either. He then said, they found the obsolete part after all. I remember this conversation it was like like I had to be an squeak out the information. He said he would tell the shipping dept to ship it out that day and that I would be receiving notification of the shipment. I thought it was weird the order had "been there a while" and that I had to call them to request to have the order shipped. When would it have been shipped then??

-Another week goes by and still haven't received shipment or received any sort of confirmation of it being shipped. I call again, speak with someone else and guess what... the guy tells me the very same thing that my order is there all ready to be shipped! No kidding! He said he would notify the shipping dept. to have it shipped that day. I requested a tracking number and he said he would have them send that as well. Guess what, few days go by and still no notification of shipment. Unbelievable. I emailed again and of course, zero response.

-More days go by and I finally receive a notification that my order has shipped; in fact I received two automated emails. This just gets even more bizarre and confused. One email lists all three parts under the same tracking number. The second automated email lists two different tracking numbers with two parts under one tracking number and the other under a different one- part "A" I assume. The second tracking number (probably part "A") lists the destination to a different state!

-I didn't know what or what I would recieve so I waited until the package that I knew what coming to me arrived before contacting them again. I received the order of two parts and just as I assumed, good old obsolete- (well is it or isn't it at this point?) part "A" was not included. I tracked part "A" and it was safely delivered to Rhode Island and even signed for. I get home in the evenings and by this point they are closed because their located on the opposite coast. I emailed them explaining all of this hoping I would receive a reply in the morning with an explanation they've sorted this out, but, wishful thinking... to be expected at this point.

-I called them next morning after seeing no reply and spoke with yet another person. They said they could not explain all of the confusion but said they were sorry. She said the second tracking number I received was for the package that I sent back to them but to me seemed a little strange why it would be included with my actual (well, partial) order shipped was which was a completely different day. Whatever, must've been something to do with their automated shipping system. So, I asked if I'm ever going to receive part "A" and was told it was found and being shipped out with the rest of my order. I asked them about the emails I've sent too and so she put my on hold for a while she would look into all of it. She then said they show part "A" as available and that she "thinks" she can still get it in if "I would like to try" otherwise they can issue me a refund for that part. Ridiculous. I said issue the refund and I want a guarantee that I will be receiving it and she said she would talk with her manager to do that after she got off the phone with me; the refund will show up in a few business days she said.

-Did I ever get any sort of confirmation the refund was in process? I think you can answer that question.... of course not.

- I let close to a week go by, check my account and sure enough no refund.

-I called today and waited on hold for close to 10 minutes until I finally talked to someone. I asked about the refund and the rep verified they had not in fact processed a refund for that part yet. Ridiculous. I told him I have basically no guarantee that I will get the credit from them and he says "I literally just did it." I checked my email and this time I did recieve a confirmation right after the call this time stating a refund is in process, so it will *probably* go through now- I imagine.

This wasn't for some $3.94 part either. I know that Tasca is one of the larger parts suppliers for Ford and is why I ordered from them. They had everything "in stock" that I was looking for and it eliminated me from having to purchase everything from separate sellers on Ebay. Next time I will just be ordering from Ebay as you have the Buyer's Protection program and PayPal to help in situations like these.
thats the most convoluted story i think i ever heard in ordering parts over internet.... thanks for the heads up... good luck. I cant possibly top that story.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:12 PM
SnowPlowDriver
More Turbo
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The only negative experience I had with online parts was with Rock Auto
they sent me tail light bulbs instead of head light bulbs.
they took them back and issued a refund, as They could not comprehend why they wouldn't fit.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:15 PM
82_F100_300Six
Cargo Master
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I have had a package from them for a month or so and still haven't opened the box......(cue music from Jaws.....). (Then cue music from Psycho when I open it and find a belt)

Old 05-18-2017, 07:34 PM
82_F100_300Six
Cargo Master
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Okay I decided to open it
Im making progress
Oh look a box is inside the box!!!
Now.....I still haven't opened the final box...
Is there an upside down belt lurking within...

Old 05-18-2017, 11:07 PM
ARW
Senior User
thats the most convoluted story i think i ever heard in ordering parts over internet.... thanks for the heads up... good luck. I cant possibly top that story.
Yes, it is crazy. Part of the problem is that they never seemed to care other than the "I'm sorry" I got from one rep... the second- (or was that the first?) who told me they would issue a refund. Poor customer service all around.

The only negative experience I had with online parts was with Rock Auto
they sent me tail light bulbs instead of head light bulbs.
they took them back and issued a refund, as They could not comprehend why they wouldn't fit.
lol! That's good. I've always wondered how it is contacting Rock Auto if there was a problem with your order. There's not many avenues of contact when it comes to reaching them.

I have had a package from them for a month or so and still haven't opened the box......(cue music from Jaws.....). (Then cue music from Psycho when I open it and find a belt)
Okay I decided to open it
Is there an upside down belt lurking within...
I'll keep my fingers crossed it's what you ordered! Maybe you got "obsolete part A." Whatever you do, just don't ask for a refund! I hear the new policy is that once you pay you never get your money back, even if you return it or the part never shows up. You got the royal treatment too it sounds like seeing you didn't have to call to 'remind' them to ship your order either.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:09 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
What an ordeal to go through. Guess I am lucky to have Horizon Ford in my back yard.

I use Rock-auto quite frequently, warrantied a coil pack once and it was super easy.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:14 AM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

Received 2,075 Likes on 1,405 Posts
I used to buy a fair amount from Tasca, I've totally stopped. I'd order something, then wait. First time my thinking was not in stock, but was happening often. Second issue was cores from brake calipers. They were sent back in and had the tracking numbers. Waited a month, rep said just not processed. OK. Another month went by and I receive a note that cores charge was not going to be reimbursed, not received. My tracking number and delivered notification did nothing to alieve this.

So now all sales are done through White Bear, shipped quickly and reimbursed cores done quickly. The thing is, there are both part of the Autonation group.

I also do a lot through RockAuto and their prices for Motorcraft can be less then a Ford dealer, White Bear, or FICMRepair.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:12 AM
Mike1
Logistics Pro
Received 318 Likes on 288 Posts
It really doesn't matter who or what you order from Online, someone will always have a screw up somewhere I went through this with Hub assemblies just this year.

Just remember, DO NOT use a debit card from your bank, use a major credit card, if things get messed up like no parts or wrong parts and refunds, just call your card company, give them the transaction numbers charged to your card and ask them to do a charge back. Most of the time the card company is more than happy to pull the payments back from the seller.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:43 PM
ARW
Senior User
Well, just to provide an update, I finally received the refund in my account.

Of course, there had to be some kind of oddity -- some kind of hitch-- in this step of the process too, right? You guessed it, there was... of course. I was looking at the refund confirmation email again and it states that my order date was placed 5/9 which is totally wrong. I placed the order in early April and not on the 9th either!!