1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

don't order from newton lifts

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Ian123
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don't order from newton lifts

Ok I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but since it deals with super duty aftermarket parts I put it here. If its wrong mods can move it but I want as many people to see this as possible so they don't make the same mistake.

Two Saturdays ago I placed an order through Newton Lifts for their rear block kit after reading all good reviews from members of this forum and several others. I received an automated confirmation e-mail and the $139.99 processed on my credit card (checked it online, haven't got the bill yet). By Thursday, I still didn't have an e-mail saying it shipped so I called them. After several attempts I finally got through. He said they didn't have the blocks on the shelf and just got in the parts, was welding them up and going to ship them Saturday, so I'd get them Wednesday or Thursday.

Well yesterday was Thursday and still don't have them. So I called, he didn't answer and I left a voicemail. Today I tried calling again and he actually answered, but guess what he told me? THE EXACT SAME THING. "oh I'm getting them welded up today they will ship out tomorrow or the next day". I called him out on saying the exact same thing last week, and he said there was some kind of problem with emails coming through or some other bs and this time they will get sent out for sure. What am I supposed to do? Take this guys word and wait 2 more days then call again? Can I call my credit card company and cancel the payment? I don't want to get into a whole ordeal over this or have it ruin my credit score or anything. What would you guys do?

Old 07-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Ridenred333
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well you can cancel payment it wont affect credit scor, if you do get them after you order and cancel return to sender. The guy should have been straight forward with you from the begenning. I understand when you buy something you dont always want to wait but sometimes ****** happens. If you really want to just order from someone else then do that or you can wait, either way you are still waiting tought, it sucks, ever heard of the expression hurry up and wait? Or go to your local auto parts store and buy the blocks on the shelf, they are probably crappy but you could install today.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Ian123
Posting Guru
I don't want to spend money on anything else until I get this figured out. From the way the conversation went, it seems like he had totally forgot about my order. If I didn't call, they would have never been shipped. And for that matter, I STILL don't know if they will ever ship.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
I would "dispute" the transaction with your CC company. It will not effect your CC score. However, it will place you at the top of the list of customers who have outstanding orders at Newton. If Newton wants payment, then they will ship your order ASAP.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Ian123
Posting Guru
Would you recommend doing that now, or giving him until Monday and then doing it?

Old 07-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian123
Would you recommend doing that now, or giving him until Monday and then doing it?
I second Furian's advice about disputing this with your credit card company. I would do it now after the way things have been going for you, the process can take a week or two. If he decides to ship your parts all will go well, but this gets you some help ensuring that it gets resolved successfully.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Originally Posted by Crazy001
I second Furian's advice about disputing this with your credit card company. I would do it now after the way things have been going for you, the process can take a week or two. If he decides to ship your parts all will go well, but this gets you some help ensuring that it gets resolved successfully.
I 100% agree!

Old 07-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Ian123
Posting Guru
I went to the bank and talked it over with them, we basically decided that I should wait til Monday and if it still hasn't shipped to file the dispute then. I have up to 60 days to do it anyway. The only reason I'm waiting is because she wasn't really sure what would happen if I disputed it, then ended up getting the merchandise afterwards. She called someone and they said that its a case by case basis what happens from there.

I've waited 2 weeks I can wait 3 more days, but this is definitely the last chance he's getting.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
I had a similar situation last year. I ordered teeth whitening gel online. The "special" was 8 units plus 4 free additional units (12 units total). I had ordered from this online vendor in the past with no issues. However, this time they only shipped the 8 units. I emailed them several times with no response from the online vendor. I called my CC company and disputed the transaction. It took about two days and the online vendor shipped the missing 4 units. They emailed me and said that they had run out of inventory and had just received additional units into their inventory. That story may or may not have been true. Regardless, I just called my CC company and told them to dismiss the dispute because I had received my shipment.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
This is one of the number one reasons I never use cash for much of anything. I've never had an unsuccessful resolution through the dispute process, and in the event of fraud my liability is $0. If they take credit cards they had better intend on following through.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Originally Posted by Crazy001
This is one of the number one reasons I never use cash for much of anything. I've never had an unsuccessful resolution through the dispute process, and in the event of fraud my liability is $0. If they take credit cards they had better intend on following through.
I 100% agree! The CC company is your advocate. No online vendor wants to "risk" losing the ability of their customers to pay using Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, etc.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:44 PM
V10ZILLA
Senior User
Hello, I was wondering what made you buy newton rear blocks (or any other rear blocks) other than OEM F350 rear blocks.

The reason I ask is I am going to do the ICON 2.5 coils and alignment cams with the adjustable track bar for the front. I was just going to get OEM F350 blocks for the rear.
The ICON rear blocks seem on the expensive side, when you have to buy the blocks and U-bolts seperate. So I figured OEM is just as good. Any info or knowledge would be appreciated before I buy my set up.

09 F250, V10, CC, LB, 4X4

Old 07-20-2012, 11:35 PM
Ian123
Posting Guru
I went with Newton because their kit was the only one I could find that included carrier bearing spacers. Since your truck is also a CCLB, that means you have a 2 piece drive shaft and will need to shim the carrier bearing down to correct the drive line angle after the lift.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:56 AM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Originally Posted by V10ZILLA
Hello, I was wondering what made you buy newton rear blocks (or any other rear blocks) other than OEM F350 rear blocks.

The reason I ask is I am going to do the ICON 2.5 coils and alignment cams with the adjustable track bar for the front. I was just going to get OEM F350 blocks for the rear.
The ICON rear blocks seem on the expensive side, when you have to buy the blocks and U-bolts seperate. So I figured OEM is just as good. Any info or knowledge would be appreciated before I buy my set up.

09 F250, V10, CC, LB, 4X4
Icon doesn't make a distinction between diesel and gas engines when designing parts. Therefore, the 2.5" leveling kit (front coil springs) are probably going to give your front suspension 3" of lift. The F350 OEM rear blocks are just under 4" and the F250 OEM rear blocks are just under 2". By installing the F350 OEM rear blocks, your rear suspension will get 2" of lift. The result... your front suspension will be 1" higher than the rear suspension. You may like the "Baja" style look, but if you do not, then I would install 5" rear blocks to level the truck or provide for a slight rake.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Ian123
Posting Guru
Just got an email from usps saying that its shipping today. I think the guy made an honest mistake and forgot my order, but its still no way to do business

Quick Reply: don't order from newton lifts