Diesel Fuel Leak REPAIRED!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:20 AM
abnsigo
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel Fuel Leak REPAIRED!

All,
Just wanted to comment on this problem as it seems to be common. I've got a 2000 F250 with a bit over 210,000 miles on the clock. After a hard freeze (at least for us here in Louisiana) I walked out to go to warm the truck before taking the kids to school and heading for work when I noticed a drip coming from the engine. At first I thought it was some sort of condensation but after taking a look found it was fuel. I turned the truck off and we moved to the Suburban. I've had my truck parked for about a month. I finally worked up enough energy and dug into it last night after work. Using this web site and replacement O-rings from Guzzles I'm back on the road with no leaks. This really is an easy fix. The hardest part was getting my hands in there to get the fuel valve off. At any rate, if you are experiencing a fuel leak, the first place you should look is this valve on the back of the fuel bowl. The part is less than $10 and really is simple to repair.

Thanks to all who have posted about this. This forum is a huge help...now if I can figure out the slop in my stearing I'll be good to go!

Old 03-23-2011, 10:27 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on the fuel leak fix. Where in La do you live?

Old 03-23-2011, 10:54 AM
abnsigo
New User
Originally Posted by miller_feed
Congrats on the fuel leak fix. Where in La do you live?
Thanks...I live in DeRidder.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:13 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by abnsigo
Thanks...I live in DeRidder.
I'm south of Lake Charles. Hang around and get to know the people on here and learn all about your truck.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:24 PM
abnsigo
New User
Originally Posted by miller_feed
I'm south of Lake Charles. Hang around and get to know the people on here and learn all about your truck.
Thanks...I typically lurk and don't post all that much. This is my second F250 and I've gotten a lot of help from this site. Great resource for our trucks. This is my first Diesel and it's been a great truck so far. Pulls my jeep and camper like a mule...about 9,000 pounds.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Brother Les
Cargo Master
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by abnsigo
All,
Just wanted to comment on this problem as it seems to be common. I've got a 2000 F250 with a bit over 210,000 miles on the clock. After a hard freeze (at least for us here in Louisiana) I walked out to go to warm the truck before taking the kids to school and heading for work when I noticed a drip coming from the engine. At first I thought it was some sort of condensation but after taking a look found it was fuel. I turned the truck off and we moved to the Suburban. I've had my truck parked for about a month. I finally worked up enough energy and dug into it last night after work. Using this web site and replacement O-rings from Guzzles I'm back on the road with no leaks. This really is an easy fix. The hardest part was getting my hands in there to get the fuel valve off. At any rate, if you are experiencing a fuel leak, the first place you should look is this valve on the back of the fuel bowl. The part is less than $10 and really is simple to repair.

Thanks to all who have posted about this. This forum is a huge help...now if I can figure out the slop in my stearing I'll be good to go!
Great Job, Congrats. I had a leak on the back side of my fuel bowl and did not know if it was 'only' the water drain or the electrical plug in too. I order Guzzles fuel bowl repair (17.00) and followed the step by step instructions.... no leaks. It is a great feeling to say 'I' 'fixed' 'that' (with the help of my/our friends)

Welcome to FTE.