Sponsored by: Moser

sync not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 12:49 PM
medawn
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sync not working

I'll pass that along to the service dept. They replaced a module not sure if it is the same one they replaced in yours. But still not working.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:19 PM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^My ACM was not replaced...just reprogrammed is all.
Took about an hour to do the work and IF it acts up again...they will replace the ACM.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:19 PM
medawn
New User
Sync not working

well they replace module in mine and it still does not work.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:22 PM
jsmith1543
New User
Unhooking battery did not work but fuse did. Hard to remove for a big Guy.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:48 PM
weross67
Senior User
Arrow Bad Deal

Of course I have the same problem the rest of you do except my USB & Ear Phone ports do not work at times as well??!!

Old 07-30-2016, 09:38 AM
GotLift
Elder User
Old thread, but I figured I'd revive it instead of starting a new thread.

My F-in-L bought a 2011 and his sync started acting up. No functions including radio. Does anyone know what the fix is in most cases. He removed the fuse and it works for a bit, then dies again. I don't have any more details right now.

Here is the kicker. He's a mechanic so he can fix anything on the truck except for the electronics so he bought the extended warranty to cover all the bells and whistles. He took it in to Ford to fix the Sync issue... "Sorry, that it isn't covered under the "bumper to bumper" extended warranty. What a rip off!

I told him he should get a refund for the extended warranty and take the money to best buy and buy a new stereo.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:50 AM
weross67
Senior User
Arrow Life After Death

Several months ago after buying a new Van and Mustang I ask my Dealer (Owner) if this problem could be corrected. He said sure I have a factory man here that can do it in about an hour except it will cost you $100.00 I said are you sure, his reply was we will talk about it. The Factory man was between jobs so he started on my 2011 F-150 at that time. He loaded a complete new program into the Radio System over the internet took about 40 Minutes after he was finished I asked him if it was fixed he said sure is. After this everything was different Menus the way things operated and so on. The long and short of it all is it can be corrected By Ford I don't expect Ford to release this software to anyone below there Factory people any time soon if at all.

Old 07-30-2016, 02:05 PM
GotLift
Elder User
Originally Posted by weross67
Several months ago after buying a new Van and Mustang I ask my Dealer (Owner) if this problem could be corrected. He said sure I have a factory man here that can do it in about an hour except it will cost you $100.00 I said are you sure, his reply was we will talk about it. The Factory man was between jobs so he started on my 2011 F-150 at that time. He loaded a complete new program into the Radio System over the internet took about 40 Minutes after he was finished I asked him if it was fixed he said sure is. After this everything was different Menus the way things operated and so on. The long and short of it all is it can be corrected By Ford I don't expect Ford to release this software to anyone below there Factory people any time soon if at all.
Thanks. I'll pass that along.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:41 AM
Olytlr
Elder User
Unfortunately with the intro of Sync3 and its use of a new OS, I would not be surprised to see Sync2 support cease. The last two updates with Sync have not gone well to the point that Ford pulled the v4.4 update off of the owner website due to all of the issues everyone was experiencing.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:44 AM
Olytlr
Elder User
Originally Posted by GotLift

My F-in-L bought a 2011 and his sync started acting up. No functions including radio. Does anyone know what the fix is in most cases. He removed the fuse and it works for a bit, then dies again. I don't have any more details right now.

Here is the kicker. He's a mechanic so he can fix anything on the truck except for the electronics so he bought the extended warranty to cover all the bells and whistles. He took it in to Ford to fix the Sync issue... "Sorry, that it isn't covered under the "bumper to bumper" extended warranty. What a rip off!

I told him he should get a refund for the extended warranty and take the money to best buy and buy a new stereo.
A little more info would be helpful. When you say,"no radio" does that mean the radio is completely dead with no info displaying at all? Has he checked what version he is running and tried an update? Does he have the basic radio with Sync or the 8" MFT screen?

Old 08-03-2016, 08:49 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by GotLift

Hey GotLift,

Have you checked to see if the software is up to date? You can find out by checking out this link: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...p-to-date.html

Keep me posted!

Cara

Old 04-07-2017, 08:39 AM
FordXLT2009Earth
New User
FIX YOUR SYNC with Iphone

OK!!! - I've been googling for a couple of days now. I've seen a lot of "Fuse restarting" solutions, which I'm thinking there has to be a better way of doing this...

I do work with software daily, so I wanted to go through the whole system selection to see if there were any options I missed... THERE WAS. I am not saying this SYNC menu selection is fool proof, it's a hassle to go through and hopefully it sticks once selected.

****Make sure to set up your Bluetooth before this. I assume you already did just like me and the SYNC was not playing music through the system.

Push the MENU button
Use the arrow down or up to SELECT SOURCE
Push the OK button
Use the arrow down or up to BLUETOOTH AUDIO

at this point it selects your phone since it was already set up as a Bluetooth device.

and YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was starting to get buyer's remorse after a week of buying a "newer" vehicle hoping to play music off my phone. I hope you now enjoy your vehicle HANDS FREE. (wireless)

Old 04-07-2017, 08:47 AM
FordXLT2009Earth
New User
OK!!! - I've been googling for a couple of days now. I've seen a lot of "Fuse restarting" solutions, which I'm thinking there has to be a better way of doing this...

I do work with software daily, so I wanted to go through the whole system selection to see if there were any options I missed... THERE WAS. I am not saying this SYNC menu selection is fool proof, it's a hassle to go through and hopefully it sticks once selected.

****Make sure to set up your Bluetooth before this. I assume you already did just like me and the SYNC was not playing music through the system.

Push the MENU button
Use the arrow down or up to SELECT SOURCE
Push the OK button
Use the arrow down or up to BLUETOOTH AUDIO

at this point it selects your phone since it was already set up as a Bluetooth device.

and YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was starting to get buyer's remorse after a week of buying a "newer" vehicle hoping to play music off my phone. I hope you now enjoy your vehicle HANDS FREE. (wireless)

Old 04-07-2017, 12:24 PM
function12
More Turbo
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
You can also use hands free and say Bluetooth Audio and it will switch.

Old 09-24-2017, 01:14 AM
jjsand84
New User
2010 F-350 No Sync

I have a 2010 F-350 and my sync doesn't work, XM radio doesn't have sound, cruise control doesn't work, steering wheel phone control doesn't work, and the rear view camera is blurry. All of this happened at once, which leads me to believe that's its all connected in some way. This has happened before and after a few weeks everything started back working. It worked for about a month and it's gone again.
I have disconnected the battery and pulled all radio and sync fuses and left them like that for hours. Still nothing.
Has anyone experienced this??