Sponsored by: Moser

sync not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 04:45 PM
ratucker3
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile works better

I turned phonebook transfer off......yes Sync does work better, so far booting up every time I start up. thanks for help!

Old 03-16-2011, 05:45 PM
TrapperDave
Junior User
Syncmyride.com has a wealth of info on fixing most issues. I had to uninstall (delete) my phone from sync and reinstall it again to get my phones' blue tooth to function properly. It now works like a charm. Perhaps if it's a pairing issue, you might try uninstalling your devise and reinstalling it. Just might help in your situation as well. Good luck

Old 03-22-2011, 10:42 AM
WIH
New User
Took delivery of an F-150 last night. Paired my phone, downloaded my address book, made a few calls. Start the truck this morning to go to work, SYNC is not working. Less than 100 miles, and a problem. Not happy. This is my second SYNC vehicle. I have a 2008 Focus with SYNC, and I never had a problem.

2011 F-150 XLT SuperCab, EcoBoost

Old 03-22-2011, 11:23 AM
shotgunz
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about the issue.

Make sure the software is up-to-date.

Pull the Sync fuse for 2-3 minutes.

Master reset.

If none of these work, time for a trip to the dealer.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:40 PM
jmmec
Junior User
There does seem to be a problem with the Gen1-V3.2 SYNC software delivered on the 2011 F150 (especially when using a USB device). I have a trouble ticket open, and am hopeful that a fix will be found.

In the mean time, I am not going to the dealer to have them swap out the SYNC APIM module (unless it totally dies and a fuse pull doesn't bring it back to life) -- you'll just end up with a new SYNC module, and the same set of problems.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:16 PM
WIH
New User
Took it back to the dealer during my lunch hour. They kept it to run a full diagnostic test on it. Lets see what they have to say. If they can't fix it, then I will find the fuse and try that. Stay tuned. Also, I registered the truck on SYNCMYRIDE, and the page is indicating and update. I will download the update and try that. But - if I cannot get SYNC to start, then I cannot apply the update, so I could be in a pickle.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:35 PM
jmmec
Junior User
Are you sure there is an update? It seems that Gen1-V3.2 is the latest available, and this is what you should have?

There is a "sync status checker" tool, but that isn't an update.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:49 PM
WIH
New User
My mistake. It is not an update, it is the status checker. I was reading the website too quickly. According to the SYNC site, I should have Gen1-V3.2 installed.

An update on my problem: The dealer had my truck for the afternoon today (awesome - less that 24 hours from driving off the lot, and it is in the shop!) and could not get SYNC to start. They did a soft reset and a hard reset. I did not get into the details on what they did for either, but I do know that they did remove the SYNC fuse at some point - they told me three different times. So now they want the truck back to run more diagnostics. They are expecting to have to replace the APIM. This is crazy. Going to have to negotiate a few free "The Works" out of them for the hassle.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:47 AM
shotgunz
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And as a back-up, look into the PA Lemon laws. I've never had to use it, but I do know that complete documentation (dates/times, contact people, attempted fixes, etc.) are very important.

Not saying you want/need to pull out the big guns, but Ford and/or your dealer need to step up and sometimes this is the only way.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:10 PM
enfield_
New User
Im also having trouble with my sync in a 2011 f150 xtr --2 months old

most days it works, leave usb selected when i turn off truck
get in the next morning/after work and its now fm/am selected, cant switch back to aux as it just kicks me right back into fm/am

cant use voicecommands either

Im up to date with the firmware i checked it a few weeks ago.

remove usb
turn off truck
open door
turn on truck
plug in usb

sometimes this works, othertimes i just continue to drive and it works after 10 min or so?

Old 06-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Powerdude
Elder User
Well, look at it this way. If Microsoft was a contractor for Ford, it was definitely the lowest bidder.

Just remember, in the electronics industry, if you buy it now, it's already obsolete technology. No wonder it don't work.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:00 AM
now_exowner
Senior User
I don't feel so bad now.....I've had to delete my phone from the truck and my truck from the phone twice now to regain connectivity......mine isn't a phone issue though, when I would try to use Bluetooth audio stream it would tell me that there is no device found even though I could make calls.....weird but true....

Old 06-26-2011, 10:00 AM
WIH
New User
The sync in my truck has been intermittent. Works great for a few weeks, then stops working for a few weeks. I don't use the USB, so I don't have any issues like you describe.

But - get this - I went to my dealer with a different car, a 2008 Focus that has Sync, and works just fine. They know I am having trouble with my new truck, so they informed me that they just received a bulletin from Ford that the upgrade to my version of Sync in my truck is worse than the version I have.

Microsoft - remember the blue screen of death? That is what I think of every time my Sync decides to not work.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:24 PM
medawn
New User
Sync

Mine didn't work either. So they replaced the module. Still doesn't work. I'm going back Thursday to meet with the ford rep. If they can't figure it out they're going to have to buy my truck back. Or I may try to organize a countrywide picket. With signs that say Ford Motor Company: Out of Sync with their customers...

Old 01-17-2012, 11:57 AM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ahh...Sync troubles......been down that road myself. Only thing is, I'm almost certain mine started after I updated my system. Syncmyride stated that I needed to. After updating, the lady in the dash would not awaken at times, the radio would default to an AM station when starting up......no media response...or phone..

So I went to the dealer and they told me to do the battery disconnect and come back if I still had problems. The battery "fix" worked for about 24 hours. I drove back to the dealer while the system wasn't responding and the service manager mashed every button on the unit to no avail. This was on Dec 30 and he made me an appointment for Jan 3rd.

I took the truck in and they reprogrammed the Audio Control Module with the latest software and that if I had any more problems, they would have to replace that module.

So far....so good. The system will start where it left off when using my flash drive, the phone works.....have a different tone now when the phone rings...and it even tells me when a text message comes through. Something it did not do before.

Wonder if it needs a Service Pack installed??

Quick Reply: sync not working