Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Newbie questions

 
  #16  
Old 02-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Evilution's Avatar
Evilution
Evilution is offline
Freshman User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 43
Evilution is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by lew52 View Post
Im running a detroit tru trac , i built this truck for performance only, so i never pay any attention to the mileage , i used the coated headman long tubes , great fit , just a little grinding on the passenger side frame rail to get the clearence i wanted......Lew

who did your custom tune?
 
  #17  
Old 02-13-2011, 05:29 AM
lew52's Avatar
lew52
lew52 is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,558
lew52 has a very good reputation on FTE.lew52 has a very good reputation on FTE.lew52 has a very good reputation on FTE.lew52 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Scott at mustang specialties , in pompano beach FL , hes there dyno tuner...
 
  #18  
Old 02-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Evilution's Avatar
Evilution
Evilution is offline
Freshman User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 43
Evilution is starting off with a positive reputation.
with the e 303 do you really need springs with stock rockers. i hear debate all day. think it has more to do with rpm. how r u liking the e cam? what heads r u running? sorry to pry but i tend to be a sponge when some one is well versed in a certain subject. i am thinking of running the e 303 with stock springs till i go with rockers and rev it higher. what do you think
 
  #19  
Old 02-14-2011, 05:28 AM
lew52's Avatar
lew52
lew52 is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,558
lew52 has a very good reputation on FTE.lew52 has a very good reputation on FTE.lew52 has a very good reputation on FTE.lew52 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I like the E cam , gives me good RPM and still has good low end if its tuned right , im not 100% sure , but with the stock 1.6 rockers i think you would be ok with the stock springs , you can check with FR , i use a set of 69 dooe 351 heads that i found on craigs list , they were popular with the mustang guys before all the aftermarket heads came out , they allready had new valves and seats 190-160 , screw in studs and some porting , they don't have the air ports in the back of the heads , so you can't use an air pump with them , i like them they work good for me , when its time to rebuild the 302 i may go with a set of alum heads and stroke it to a 347 , but thats in the future , the 302 HO i have in it now is low milage and very strong......Lew
 
  #20  
Old 02-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Evilution's Avatar
Evilution
Evilution is offline
Freshman User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 43
Evilution is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by lew52 View Post
I like the E cam , gives me good RPM and still has good low end if its tuned right , im not 100% sure , but with the stock 1.6 rockers i think you would be ok with the stock springs , you can check with FR , i use a set of 69 dooe 351 heads that i found on craigs list , they were popular with the mustang guys before all the aftermarket heads came out , they allready had new valves and seats 190-160 , screw in studs and some porting , they don't have the air ports in the back of the heads , so you can't use an air pump with them , i like them they work good for me , when its time to rebuild the 302 i may go with a set of alum heads and stroke it to a 347 , but thats in the future , the 302 HO i have in it now is low milage and very strong......Lew

i plan on dleting the smog/ air pump too... i found the a/c eliminator but no air punp elim for our trucks. can you just used the 5.0 mustang part? and if so the one from the 86--93 or 4-95. or are you just runnin a shortbelt? if so wha size
 
  #21  
Old 03-08-2011, 12:54 AM
Evilution's Avatar
Evilution
Evilution is offline
Freshman User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 43
Evilution is starting off with a positive reputation.
Arrow

Originally Posted by Evilution View Post
i plan on dleting the smog/ air pump too... i found the a/c eliminator but no air punp elim for our trucks. can you just used the 5.0 mustang part? and if so the one from the 86--93 or 4-95. or are you just runnin a shortbelt? if so wha size
also do you have under car pics of your exhaust routing? i know thats a lot to ask but im about to install my longtubes and was just curious how you routed the after collector system. seems the passangerside collector is gonna come pretty close to being right in line with the tranny support. did you cut/ grind this part ( seems heavy duty enough to just take a chunk out of it and re weld) or did you got around?

thanks again
 
  #22  
Old 03-08-2011, 05:16 AM
lew52's Avatar
lew52
lew52 is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,558
lew52 has a very good reputation on FTE.lew52 has a very good reputation on FTE.lew52 has a very good reputation on FTE.lew52 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I have a 2wd reg cab SB with headman elite long tubes , the only thing i did was grind a little off the pass side frame rail for clearence for one of the header tubes , i removed the front fuel tank , so my exhaust system is very simple , from the collectors they go straight back about 2 1/2 ft over the trans support ( duels ) , then i have an H pipe then about 1 ft pipe to FM super 44 mufflers with turn downs , my exhaust ends ay the back of the cab......Lew
 
  #23  
Old 03-08-2011, 05:39 AM
Evilution's Avatar
Evilution
Evilution is offline
Freshman User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 43
Evilution is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by lew52 View Post
I have a 2wd reg cab SB with headman elite long tubes , the only thing i did was grind a little off the pass side frame rail for clearence for one of the header tubes , i removed the front fuel tank , so my exhaust system is very simple , from the collectors they go straight back about 2 1/2 ft over the trans support ( duels ) , then i have an H pipe then about 1 ft pipe to FM super 44 mufflers with turn downs , my exhaust ends ay the back of the cab......Lew

thaks again lew. i was actually just gonna ask about the fuel tank. I was gonna remove my front tank as well. is it directly connected to the rear or can yu just unbolt it and plug the fuel line running to it. sorry for all the questions.
 
  #24  
Old 03-08-2011, 05:45 AM
lew52's Avatar
lew52
lew52 is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,558
lew52 has a very good reputation on FTE.lew52 has a very good reputation on FTE.lew52 has a very good reputation on FTE.lew52 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Its been a few years , but there wasn't much to it , just had to plug a few lines...
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Greg5OH
Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L)
27
05-27-2012 01:46 AM
tiny1
New York Chapter
2099
01-31-2012 10:59 PM
Midwest Dually
1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
16
06-29-2010 01:25 PM
lilrams09
1999 to 2016 Super Duty
43
06-11-2010 09:56 AM
chris69
Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics
24
09-16-2003 02:59 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie questions


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.